What Makes You Feel Confident?

last reply
39 replies
4.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Just what it says on the title! Many lads I know say they like a woman with confidence, regardless of her looks.

So what makes you feel confident? Or, how do you display it even if you don't feel it?
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Artistic Tart
0 likes
This is a good question. I don't know if I've ever thought about what it is that gives me confidence. Some days I feel more confident than others, and it's usually inherent. But things such as great, sexy clothes, shoes I love, mani/pedis, great hair days, a new or favorite perfume, and a playful and sexy mood, all give me added confidence. If my sex drive is in full gear, then my confidence goes through the roof, as well as when I accomplish something that's important to me.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm one of those girls that rolls out of bed in the morning, spends 5 minutes doing some very basic, and generally not there, make up, another 5 minutes tweaking any particularly stray strands of hair and then heading off out the door.

So, if I feel like my day requires a bit of extra confidence I'll just spend extra time doing proper make up, doing my hair and so on to ensure that if I see someone looking at me I don't get that panic of thinking they're looking at me because my hair isn't great, or my make up is a bit rushed, or my skin isn't as good as it could be... etc

I actually 'suffer' with an anxiety disorder, and have done for some years, which means that I am absolutely and definitely not confident in my day to day life. Over the years I've taught myself to behave confidently, behave confidently and eventually you'll begin to feel confident...even if it's just a teeny tiny bit at a time.
Lurker
0 likes
For me, confidence is something that has developed over time. I am much, much more confident now than I was in my 20's. Learning to like who I am, be comfortable in my own skin and not caring so much anymore what other people think of me was what it came down to.

Strangely enough, when I've been running a lot and in good shape that really seems to make me stand taller and have a bit more confidence.

Quote by LadyX
when I accomplish something that's important to me.

I'm in sales and I find this to be very true. If I have a great meeting with a client or reach a sales goal, then that totally boosts my confidence and keeps me going and on a roll.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Things that boost my confidence:

* Success in my profession. Getting challenged, overcoming the obstacles and winning at it.

* Looking great (fit, good hair, great outfit/shoes). Turning heads.

* Having just had hot, wild sex, or planning it. I guess - sexual attention in general does it. The libido is a great confidence booster, as well as knowing you're wanted/desired.

* A great work-out where you really get the rush of endorphins going.

* Alcohol! haha

I think you have to be a confident person in general. I'm pretty outgoing and assertive but everyone has their 'off days' where they second-guess everything or feel insecure. Then you just turn to the confidence-boosters to start feeling positive again.
Lurker
0 likes
Like most, my confidence isn't consistent, it varies for numerous reasons.
I think most of my confidence stems from things like having assertive parents, growing up, working and relying on myself.
I get little boosts from anything like the first shot at the start of the night to simply making a stranger smile after talking to them for a few minutes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Bench pressing 350 lbs. Throwing the javelin within 2% of my best throw ever. A sexy woman smiling at me while twirling her hair with her finger.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like being unconventional. I don't know why but I just love the idea that people look or respond to me in a "WTF" mode. Which affirmed the other night when my drunken fiance was blabbing on about being tied to a rack to have his spine strightened kind of like a rack one would see at Hellfire club.

I said "Oh no whips or paddles?"

A chick in her late teens early 20s goes "WTF (literally she said W.T.F) their weird."

My response was a laugh in her direction and grabbing my fiance as he declared a family friend predicted he would end up with someone my age. Exiting as the pub was closing.

It is fun indeed to push the boundaries
"Sexual pleasure in woman is a kind of magic spell; it demands complete abandon; if words or movements oppose the magic of caresses, the spell is broken."

Simone de Beauvoir
Lurker
0 likes
My children, they accept me whatever I look like and there fun to be around.
My friends, the people who make me smile on the inside and the feeling linger's.
A crisp frosty morning, when I know there is no work that day.
Having the space and being allowed to still be with without criticism.
Quality make-up and clean cut hairstyle.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Curlygirly
For me, confidence is something that has developed over time. I am much, much more confident now than I was in my 20's. Learning to like who I am, be comfortable in my own skin and not caring so much anymore what other people think of me was what it came down to.

I agree with CG. I have become so much more confident in myself, both sexually and professionally as I got older. Maybe it is because I know myself and my body much better now than I did back then.

Things that make me confident are;

Reaching a goal I set for myself, be it professionally or otherwise

Looking in the mirror and seeing that I can still turn a few heads

Getting complimented on my appearance,

Seeing the smile on my partners face after great sex

Watching my daughters grow into lovely women and knowing I had something to do with it

All these things help make me feel confidence in life. But of course, like everyone I have days where I lack confidence too. Fortunately, they are not as prevalent as they once were.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
this is a super good question and has had me thinking a lot. as a pretty confident person i too want to say things like...looking good and turning heads, my kids, my "career" as a mom...stuff like that.

but then i thought of this girlfriend i have. shes 44 size 0, very pretty...she has a Masters degree and is very successful in her career. her summer trip will be to Haiti to give nutrition and preventative wellness classes. she really has it all, IMO. but shes totally hung up on her age...she complains often that she "cant find a man". shes lonely and depressed. she has like no self confidence. so that got me thinking....

what is BELOW the very legitimate but ultimately superficial confidence boosters like...the beautiful body, the blazing career...even having raised good kids? the answer i came up with is FAITH. and, ok, faith in god or higher power..universe..thought, whatever word you want to put on it.

if i look at my life currently...no job, certainly no career...lmao i dont even have a house right now..my husband the money maker is gone, i could go on and on. but i have faith that ultimately its going to be ok. the job/career will come...i am living in an even nicer house right now than my own...one day there will be another better man for me. its that faith that gives me confidence...in myself, in the universe (or whatever)...in it all.

that and i have great hair. it might be just the hair..who knows ;)

awesome question though..thanks!
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by littlemissbitch
the answer i came up with is FAITH. and, ok, faith in god or higher power..universe..thought, whatever word you want to put on it.

That's a bit of a bugger if you've lost your faith and don't have the other stuff too.

Thank you so much for sharing, everyone; please continue if you'd like, as I'm finding this interesting. I did think about asking the guys too, but I don't know if it's too "girly" a question for them.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
My ancestors, my possessions, my lifestyle smile
Lurker
0 likes
Turning a guy on...Mmmmmmm
Angel Princess of Passion
0 likes
Being able to stand firm on my own. Knowing that with every step my knowleadge and wisdom will be enriched.
Learning to let go and breathe peace allowing my journey to continue without second guessing makes me feel confident.
Laugh, Learn and Most of all Love...My Way of Life...
Lurker
0 likes
Beating the crap out of my teddy bear
Lurker
0 likes
Studying. Any subject at all. Learning a lot of things , accumulating knowledge and information inside me. Makes me feel like an Einstein, unlike some people who can't even appreciate a good book.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Certain music, certain outfits. Writing. Being complimented. Standing up for myself.
Site administrator
0 likes
Caring for others which makes me feel good and thus confident in myself.
Lurker
0 likes
Knowing at your relationship with someone is solid as ever even after most trying times. It makes me stand taller and walk with a lighter step...it's wonderful smile
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
My old friend Jack Daniels (other Whiskey's are available)
Lurker
0 likes
- pushing myself to the limit, then pushing past my limit
- laughing and smiling
- studying hard for something and getting the grade you deserve
Lurker
0 likes
sometimes when i need a quick confidence boost i grab my ipod, put on a favorite playlist and sing at the top of my lungs to a few songs... that always makes me feel powerful.

if i need a sexual boost of confidence, i remember some of the responses i've gotten from men during oral sex ;) makes me feel pretty good too
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Dressing up, feeling sexy. Compliments boost it as well
Angel Princess of Passion
0 likes
My little black dress...and learning to Love myself First....
Laugh, Learn and Most of all Love...My Way of Life...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"This is a good question. I don't know if I've ever thought about what it is that gives me confidence. Some days I feel more confident than others, and it's usually inherent. But things such as great, sexy clothes, shoes I love, mani/pedis, great hair days, a new or favorite perfume, and a playful and sexy mood, all give me added confidence. If my sex drive is in full gear, then my confidence goes through the roof, as well as when I accomplish something that's important to me."

Well I like LadyX's answer above....I also love mani/pedis days....a really good "pick-me-up" if you're down in the dumps is to get a pedi and chat with your best friend. A sexy new outfit is a big confidence builder. A guy beside you who's eyes DON'T stray when your hot girlfriends show up in even hotter outfits than yours. Yup, and when your hair looks amazing. LadyX is so right....when you're horny then somehow you feel more confident and attractive and you behave more flirtatiously ...must be the hormones doing their thing? I'll check with my biology prof?

Plus if your mom gives you unconditional love then that's always a huge back-up for any girl.
Lurker
0 likes
Being complimented, giving her an orgasm, being given an orgasm, getting hit on, getting into that exclusive club. Basically being positively noticed by others.
Lurker
0 likes
A girl with confidence is a girl that will go lengths to please their man, thinks she is beautiful, having a positive attitude, and a guy making her blush!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My qualifications and profession.