Up Loading Pictures with Stories

last reply
12 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I recently tried to submit a story and I wanted to include a photo as an illustration. There appears to be no easy way to attach a photo to a story. On the submission page, there is a link to upload copyright info. I was rather surprised to find no document or photo attachment link.

Is there any good reason why there is no such link.

I realize that if it allowed documents you could get a lot of unwanted rubbish. But such a link can be set to allow jpeg files only with specific file size
Clumeleon
0 likes
You can attach a 'Cover Image' when you submit a story, if it has previously been uploaded in your gallery.

Having pictures throughout a story is something that is currently being looked at by the powers that be, I believe.

Feel free to contact me if you need help adding a Cover Image.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Bump
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Still craving picture-stories.

Current software has the ability, it just needs to be turned on.

Bumping up !
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Beccy

Bumping up !

Hi Beccy,

Which site? Please PM me! The one designed by a smurf has had that option for years and years, but it has few stories in there in comparison to other categories.

It's still on the rather lengthy to-do list I'm afraid.

The mobile site revamp has taken up most of our coding resources for the last 4 months.

I like the idea. The mechanics need to be put into place first though. It's not as simple as turning something on.

Gav needs to integrate an identifier so that stories with photos in them, are clearly marked (most people prefer no images so they can conjure up scenes in their mind). The number of images needs to be restricted, so it doesn't become a visual spam fest (10?). Add an "Insert Image" option to the story submission page. Add a checkbox to signal the story contains images. Things like that.

I'll send a love note to our man in the machine!

Cheers,

Nicola
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by Beccy

Bumping up !

I shall take a look at the scope of this feature and let you know when this may become available.
Code Monkey
0 likes
Images can now be embedded into your story content.

A new image icon on the toolbar is now available:

Clicking this will show the image chooser dialog:

Here you can enter the Url to the hotlinked image or image from your gallery. We recommend you link to images from your own gallery to ensure the asset is available (some sites disable hotlinking).

Images embedded will be subject to the same moderation process as your story content.

Let me know if you have any feedback on this feature.

Thanks
g
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by gav
Images can now be embedded into your story content.

A new image icon on the toolbar is now available:

Clicking this will show the image chooser dialog:

Here you can enter the Url to the hotlinked image or image from your gallery. We recommend you link to images from your own gallery to ensure the asset is available (some sites disable hotlinking).

Images embedded will be subject to the same moderation process as your story content.

Let me know if you have any feedback on this feature.

Thanks
g

Gav, you are my hero. I’ve wanted this for a long time! I can’t wait to try it out!
Charming as fuck
0 likes
We're still tinkering with the logistics of this one at the moment, so bear with us
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Jen
We're still tinkering with the logistics of this one at the moment, so bear with us

Thanks Jen. I was just going to post a similar message.

Considerations:

- Identifier / method of warning members the story may contain adult content. People won't want any surprises if viewing the site in a public area.

- Softcore or hardcore images allowed?

- Image number limit.

- Disallow images in certain categories.

- Only allow image uploading / disallow hotlinking from external sites.

These are all being discussed behind the scenes currently.

The mechanics are in place.
Dirty Stop-out
0 likes
Not sure if this is the wrong thread but wondered.. I have a story already published but I'd like to add a cover picture... If I go to edit my story and add a cover picture, does it need to be re-moderated and do I lose any comments and votes it already has?

Thanks {}

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category

Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Quote by deviantsusie
If I go to edit my story and add a cover picture, does it need to be re-moderated and do I lose any comments and votes it already has?

It will go back in the moderation queue so we can approve the pic but everything else remains intact on resubmission. Just drop a one-liner in the Moderator Notes box to say 'added cover image' or something so we know what you did.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 101 stories, nine micro-stories, and two poems with the following features:

* 26 Editor's Picks, 69 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 20 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.