vibrators?

last reply
37 replies
5.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
um.... how did you first get one? is it embarrassing buying one? would you go with a friend?
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
I bought it online. It felt embarrassing, I'll admit...but in an exciting/naughty sort of way.

I have no qualms going into stores and browsing around, but it gives me a bit of a rush as well. And I've been toy shopping with friends...even helped them pick stuff out when there was nothing in particular that I wanted. It's fun.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
I ordered my vibrator online, nothing embarrassing about that.

When I bought my dildo though, I bought it at a sex shop. The guy I was with made me go in by myself which made me feel awkward especially since I was only 19 at the time I went in.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i kind of like buying them - i don't tend to go to the little hole in the wall places, btw - i prefer more upscale places where the staff is friendly, you can ask questions and you can get good product - Good Vibrations in SF sort of spoiled me. honestly, i'm pretty much at ease buying sex toys - there's even a little thrill that goes along with it, like, Hey, look what i'm getting! it's kinky! that said, the internet has became more convenient to buy them - one click shopping, but it is nice with sex toys to be able to actually do a little hands on, or at least a visual hands on, before you buy. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I like the hands-on browsing as well. I bought my first one from a small boutique-style sex shop that was geared toward being 'female friendly' and non-intimidating. I went in with a university friend (female). Actually, I'd say most of my sex toy shopping has been done with female friends during random shopping outings or spontaneously at night after a few drinks and some sex-oriented conversations. I've browsed/bought a few times with a boyfriend (but mostly this involved trying stuff on, not vibrators etc) or just on my own if there's something specific I want, but I tend to do the girl's shopping thing more often than not. It's fun.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm a born and raised Vegas girl. And here we have sex shops on practically every corner. And they're always run by someone who looks like they eat crack for breakfast. But a lot of the good stores tend to be painfully expensive to shop in, and at the time I bought my first vibrator I didn't have too much money to splurge with. So yeah I went to a dingy shop, spent $20, and diddled myself into vibrator heaven about an hour later. Did the cashier look at me all pervy? Yes he did. Was I embarrassed? At first yeah, but by the time I had my third orgasm I just didn't give a fuck anymore.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I ordered it online.

But I don't mind going to adult stores. Sometimes I don't feel like waiting for them to arrive.
Head Nurse
0 likes
first one was a gift from my then husband. He drove a truck, and would frequently bring me home a new toy yo enjoy while he was gone.

Since then I've both gone to stores and purchased online
Lurker
0 likes
I bought my first vibrator at a local sex shop.
Lurker
0 likes
I went with my first girlfriend to a shop in LA and we picked out some things to enjoy including vibrators. Now hubs and I buy online.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
okay... thanks for the replies ! xx
Lurker
0 likes
I never had to buy one as my then-gf allowed me to share her vibe.
0 likes

one I live in a small time..and though I might get tickled if they SAW me..lol..cannot say what they would think

most likely disgust(repressed religious types anyone)

and two.. the only sex store was outlawed by the local sheriff(damn Baptists;)..)
Lurker
0 likes
If I'm not mistaken, bears are vibrators , or is that hibernators
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
I've purchased stuff both online and in a shop. Nothing embarrassing about it. Embrace who you are and what you want and go for it. Just make sure you buy quality items otherwise you will be throwing money away when they break. If you shop online take the time to read reviews, they really can be helpful. Shop alone or with a friend, either way it can be fun and don't worry about what anyone else thinks smile
Lurker
0 likes
The first vibrator I ever had (ok everyone hold all judgement) was the first year I joined Lush! My girlfriends told me I needed a BOB (battery operated boyfriend) they couldn't believe I didn't own a vibe and that I'd never heard that term before. What a laugh they had! It turned into a fun afternoon with great friends. Definitely go with your girlfriends who have previous experience and won't embarrass you, ok a few jabs won't hurt! Just go with it and have FUN, literally!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I used to send my husband into the sex store when I needed a new one -- way too shy to go in there myself! The store closed, so now I buy online.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Bought my wife one. Big mistake as it has taken the place of my cock. Such is life
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite
i kind of like buying them - i don't tend to go to the little hole in the wall places, btw - i prefer more upscale places where the staff is friendly, you can ask questions and you can get good product - Good Vibrations in SF sort of spoiled me. honestly, i'm pretty much at ease buying sex toys - there's even a little thrill that goes along with it, like, Hey, look what i'm getting! it's kinky! that said, the internet has became more convenient to buy them - one click shopping, but it is nice with sex toys to be able to actually do a little hands on, or at least a visual hands on, before you buy. smile

My wife is the same way. Loves stores like Sensually Yours in Honolulu, and The Liberator Store in Atlanta, GA.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes

recently my girlfriend got a little sportscar, and we went out for a little drive... we went up into the secluded area up in the hills, we pulled over, and we were both very horny and in a kinky mood. anyway, the shifter handle was resembling a toy and the way she was handling it while we were just sitting there talkin, it was quite a turn on .... so i had to make a comment on it...
well i ended up straddling onto it and my pussy was just eatin it up.... just then, she tells me wait, hang on... stay there... as she starts up the car, and the vibration from the engine and transmission was directly coming right up into me... OMG... It was the ULTIMATE VIBRATOR. so i thought.
She dares me to try and put it in gear, as she calls me the gear shifter... she makes me try for reverse, which I now know that usuallly grinds a little going in. now that was the regular vibration amplified 30 times greater... omg... it was crazy... i will tell you more in a story maybe I will post in here, maybe in a few weeks.
Lurker
0 likes
My best friends bought it for me for Christmas.. It was worth the embarrassment lol
Lurker
0 likes
Me & my then GF got lost driving around and saw a small shop on the side of the highway. On the fly we decided to check it out. I ended up buying a decent vibe. I wasn't embarrassed but she was because she had never been in an adult store before that day.

Glad we went because that night is one I still remember
Lurker
0 likes
I remember going to my first store!! Back in college with my b/f and now husband! Loved it and nervous at the same time!
0 likes
I have actually recently bought an anal vibrator. I forget what it was called but it is like a cross between anal beads and a normal vibrator and runs on a bullet vibe. It feels good when i use it but i want to make it more erotic when i do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Julie Jizzbucket.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My first was a gift - with a provisio I allow my girlfriend to show me how to use it. We both had a ball and many many orgasms.
Since then I have bought quite a few with various degrees of satisfaction. Always from sex shops. My gf has bought a couple on line that we couldnt find here.
They get constant use as well as the occasional use of our Sybian. That would have to be the most expensive and most satisfying piece of sex pleasure vibration known to a woman.
Lurker
0 likes
I went to a toy shop.. It was a little embarrassing and mostly men were present at the time. Once I started browsing, I forgot about everyone else.
Lurker
0 likes
I have never had one but want one, so ladies what would be the best to get?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My wife goes with me and picks for herself and some stuff with me. She always gets new butt plugs and dildos to use on me. We always hurry home to try them out.
0 likes
I bought mine online. It took me a while to actually work up the nerve to buy it.
0 likes
Got it as a gift.

Not embarrassing to buy one.

Of course I'd go with a friend.
Recommended Reads by TheScheherezadeFeint:
Undeniable - Erotic Poem
Disappearing Act - Love Poem
Synthetic Hours - Fantasy/Sci-fi - Eighth Place, 'Some Like It Hot' competition, January 2015
Night Work - Erotic Poem
Eating Breakfast In Glass Slippers - Straight Sex - Fifth Place, 'The Morning After The Night Before' competition, November 2014
Miracle of Night - Love Poem
The Brightest Black You've Ever Seen - Love Story - Ninth place, 'Toy With Me' competition, September 2014
Scream Fire - Erotic Poem - Audio read by MadameMolly
At First Sight (He) - Quickie Sex