Text Only Site Option / Remove Images and Ads

last reply
26 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
We have been working on a text only version of the site for several weeks, and I'm pleased to say it's now live.

This option was introduced as we thought it would be nice if people could view the site more discretely, particularly with so many of us now stuck at home. We've also had a lot of requests for this from people who view the site whilst in public and from those who prefer a simpler layout.

The majority of the site will be included in this feature. Gav is working on other sections as his time permits, but most of it is covered.

As it does away with banner ads which are a major income source, and to cover the costs of development, we have made this an option for Silver and up members.

If you spot any issues with the way it's working (or not working!), please let us know below.

You can switch to text only in your "theme" settings:

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
at a quick glance, trying it out, it seems to work as intended for me.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
fyi, in order to change it back to 'normal' you have to click on either 'light' or 'dark'. clicking the 'text only' option again, doesn't turn it off.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Site administrator
0 likes
Is this only applicable to members using phones?

From my avatar in the red banner I only get:

Timeline
Friends Activity
Settings
My stories
Friends
Inbox
Reading Queue
Logoff
0 likes
Let me check and I'll add screenshots too.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
Is this only applicable to members using phones?

From my avatar in the red banner I only get:

Timeline
Friends Activity
Settings
My stories
Friends
Inbox
Reading Queue
Logoff

you have to go to your avatar on your profile page, John.

0 likes

Yes it's there.

I had to tick the Mobile Stylesheet box to see that option.
(To turn off that option)

Great job Lush Crew.

Always giving us more options to perv the site in a more discreet way.

I am forever a Mobile Stylesheet user since it launched.
No more zooming for me(only on the forums but I don't mind)

Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by sprite

you have to go to your avatar on your profile page, John.

So I rebooted my laptop, had dinner, cut my toe nails and tried again and its all fine now!

Silly me... thanks Rachel.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

So I rebooted my laptop, had dinner, cut my toe nails and tried again and its all fine now!

you really could have left that bit about cutting your toenails out, ya know.

Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by sprite

you really could have left that bit about cutting your toenails out, ya know.

Its the little things that quite often matter... well thats what I always say when I drop my...

ok tmi... have a nice day smile
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn

Pics or it didn't happen.

KIDDING! Please don't.

Gav will be monitoring this thread so if you find any issues, please let us know.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Pics or it didn't happen.

KIDDING! Please don't.

Gav will be monitoring this thread so if you find any issues, please let us know.

i have daddy issues...

0 likes

Is the text only option for stories?

And Avi changes which is normal w/ this option?

--

And user avi shows up.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Is the text only option for stories?

And Avi changes which is normal w/ this option?

should be for the entire site - it is when i tried it out. not the mobile, site, btw, just the table top one.

0 likes
Quote by sprite

should be for the entire site - it is when i tried it out. not the mobile, site, btw, just the table top one.

Let me see if I turn off desktop site on Chrome and disable mobile stylesheet and see if it works for me.

--

Edit:

Avis are still visible.

I hope others post what they see when text only option is activated.
0 likes

Ok, I don't think there's any hiccups as I disabled Mobile stylesheet and see the site as it's meant to be seen under text only.

Ok, I'm going back to mobile stylesheet now(I love it too much not to be w/out it now). I hope others enjoy the new version.
Damn, you babes just keep dropping dopeness on us.

Thankyou!!!

Lurker
0 likes
If it meant not loosing connection so often......I have images turned off a lot anyway. Can't keep up with pics coming one after the other
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by mightylilmyrna
If it meant not loosing connection so often......I have images turned off a lot anyway. Can't keep up with pics coming one after the other

We've hardly had any outages the last few weeks since Gav has made some major changes, so you shouldn't be losing your connection on here.
Matriarch
0 likes
A big thank you to those who have upgraded.

You keep the site alive.

Ads = hardly anyone clicks.
0 likes
I am struggling with this on my phone. I don't know how the theme got changed and despite much searching I can't find the theme menu selection.

I am also unfamiliar with style sheets and how to access those settings. I am stuck in text mode and very frustrated. :-)
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by codan1004
I am struggling with this on my phone. I don't know how the theme got changed and despite much searching I can't find the theme menu selection.

I am also unfamiliar with style sheets and how to access those settings. I am stuck in text mode and very frustrated. :-)

In respect of the theme you have to be on your profile page to view this. Once on that page click on your mini avatar in the red banner (next to home) and you will see 'Theme' down towards the bottom of the list and that gives further options.

Mobile style sheet please see this thread to enable or disable:

https://forum.lushstories.com/yaf_postst71732_Switch-to-Classic-Lush--Disabling-the-new-responsive-style-sheet.aspx
0 likes
Thank you however I don't see an option for theme on the mini avatar in my profile or otherwise

Dan
0 likes
So I am still stuck. Not sure how the text only got turned on and no way to turn it off yet. Help appreciated! ?
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by codan1004
So I am still stuck. Not sure how the text only got turned on and no way to turn it off yet. Help appreciated! ?

For some reason the profile menu is slightly different depending what screen you're on.

Try clicking the link below then accessing the profile menu from there. If you're on your phone you may need to press and hold to get it to stay. You should see the 'theme' option on this menu.

https://www.lushstories.com/membership/update-details.aspx#
Matriarch
0 likes
Gav is away all week. Back next week.

He will get to any issues soon.
0 likes
Ty for the continued efforts to help. I tried the link supplied and still don't have an option for themes. And I still have no idea how my theme got changed. Do I just need to wait until Gav is back?

Ty!
Baked Orange
0 likes
Quote by sprite

i have daddy issues...

No way, me too!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Great, this works for me and is useful! To get it to work on my (android) mobile I had to disable the new responsive style sheet, in the privacy settings, as explained in the link posted by simplyjohn, then press and hold the avatar (or where the avatar should be, for me there's a blank space there on mobile) to get the menu to show up, then scroll across to the right to actually see the menu option. Turning the textmode off again works the same way - remember to scroll over to the right on your phone to see the menu! Just writing this out in case it helps codan.
Rainbow in the Dark
0 likes
Quote by codan1004
Ty for the continued efforts to help. I tried the link supplied and still don't have an option for themes. And I still have no idea how my theme got changed. Do I just need to wait until Gav is back?

Ty!

If you're still having trouble, then on both my Android phone and Android tablet, on any story in the box at the top with the scoring drop down and links, there's a little switch in the bottom left to switch between light and dark, and under that a link to switch between text only and full. This has been working flawlessly for me since I noticed it last week (it switches the whole site, not just the story you're on). I find this is the easiest way to switch this on. Did that work for you?

General comments on this feature from me:
- it's awesome, I like to read stories on my phone at my desk at work while I'm waiting for processes to run, this is easy better than using print view or hovering a thumb over the site name
- I can't see a way to go to an author's profile from one of their stories - their name appears as just plain text. If they post a comment however, there babe next to the comment shows as a link which I click. Usually if I find a study I like I'll go check it other stories by the author, this means that slightly harder when in text only.
- did I say it's awesome? It's awesome.

Punked competition entry: Punk’s Undead

A very naughty Catholic schoolgirl: Emma (Part 1) (RR) | (Part 2)

Horror: Women Of Dark Desires(RR), Doll Parts (EP), Lo! Baphomet! A Queer Erotic Horror (OS)

A cheeky little micro: Go Fuck Yourself!