Does body type really matter?

last reply
20 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I don't want to offend anyone, I'm just curious...
Does body type really matter when you're in bed?

Hmmm.. Let me know of your opinion..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not nearly as much as mind, humour, spark, and connection type does before you even consider getting into bed.
From my own taste perspective i would have to say that once I was in the "bed" scenario the issue of body type has long been addressed.
From experience I would say that without exception I sleep/ have sex with the woman who inhabits the body, not just the body. As such I have had the thrill of enjoying various female body types and considered each one uniquely wonderful and delicious in their own right.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
If they're in my 'bed' and we're having sex, I assume they've already passed the test when it comes to a body type that I find attractive. In that respect, it does matter. If you're talking about little flaws that were not noticeable while they were clothed, then no, it's not that big of a deal. I think it also depends on how 'into them' you are. If you have a real connection, then you're way more likely to overlook physical imperfections, whereas if it's just casual dating or a random hook up, you might be more inclined to be critical or pass them over if the attraction level is mediocre.

On the topic, one of my friends back in university was always concerned about this because when she went out to pick up guys she would wear a padded push-up bra and some industrial-strength spanx body-shaper under her outfit that totally made her body look different than it did when her clothes came off. The illusion was like a firm-bodied, size 6, DD-cup when in reality she was more like a soft-bodied, size 10, B-cup. The guys didn't seem to mind that much but then again they were usually drunk when she went home with them anyway.
Lurker
0 likes
Body size does not bother me , mmmmmmmmm
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Body type does matter to me as I am in good shape and I also expect the other person in bed with me to be in shape.
Lurker
0 likes

I suppose it does matter ...just a tad!! -
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I lost my virginity to a an obese guy. He was a nice guy and I thought well since he is a virgin as well then why not.

My current boyfriend of six years he is skinny with a bit of a pot belly. He almost has no arse lol.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I believe the biologically programmed ideal waist to hip ratio of a female body is 0.7? (that is, the waist is 0.7 times the width of the hips) feel free to correct me anyone. The bottom line is, in that respect body type does matter, because we are biologically programmed that way. That being said, they could be any size and still maintain that ratio, and therefore still be attractive. Also, everyone has their own little quirks or fetishes that they may find attractive, meaning that "body type" is by no means the be-all-end-all of beauty. I'm sure there are similar ratios and such for the male body, I'm just not sure what they are.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What can I say! I've had sex with ladies of various body types and they are all fantastic in different ways. But the most important factor is the attitude. My current lady has a passionate sexy attitude and it is wonderful.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Body type is important on first sight, along with the attitude they are giving off, but it is all a balance. A great feature will counter a not so great one. A great personality will counter a number of flaws in features. I have always considered looking healthy to be the most important thing and not necessarily body type.
Lurker
0 likes
As someone with a preference for rather Gamine looking Audrey Hepburn types it surprised me when I was recently utterly taken with a beautiful little butterball of a girl who I just thought was gorgeous....

Her personality helped, but in truth, I was beguiled by her tiny curvy figure and her HUGE boobs! (Never particularly a breast man, in this case I admit to being quite fascinated...) And her legs were perfect.... And her bum......

There WAS a spark, and by the time we came to go to bed I was already convinced that she was quite beautiful..... And she was..... And some......

We ended up not actually going out, but she was a pretty and a wonderful lover for some weeks, and I remain fond of her....

Although TOTALLY not 'My Type' I adored everything about her and we remain friends...... And I think she is beautiful.... And she knows this..... And likes it.....

I don't really think that 'body type' really matters if there is a genuine connection and an honesty of experience.... We enjoyed each other immensely and the reason we didn't keep it up was 'cos we perhaps wanted different things in that moment....

But she WAS beautiful...... And NOT my type....... (Well, not until she came to bed, that is........)

In short, I don't think body type really matters if there's something about her that just makes you want to know her better.............

xx SF
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My own taste regarding this is mainly in agreement with those who said it's the spark that matters. However I have read an interview carried out with some female celebrity who said, "It can't be denied there is something sexy about a man with a pot belly." She said this in an adamant way as though it was a well accepted general fact. Personally I would die if I developed a pot belly, however I would be interested in what the general opinion of this is.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I have to be attracted to the lady, I love curves, chest and arse of course! If you know how to please, I enjoy!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well when you are talking about being here in lushland..I love to image the person I'm talking to, to create an image (Kinda my lil game). When I do see a pic it's like um..ok..but if I've liked how they interact with me and others that doesn't change. You can't change inner beauty.

But if you are talking real life..well I would say personality hits me first. What isn't sexy about how a person interacts in the space around them. So no for me on body type and I would hope my partner would say the same cause I have one heck of a personality....just saying...
No one can make you jealous, angry, vengeful, or greedy -unless you let him.
- Napoleon Hill
Lurker
0 likes
The body type doesn't matter much in if I choose to go to bed with them but once in bed it matters because there is certain things you can do with certain body types.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
"Connection" really matters the most.. And I think as long as both of you knows how to have fun then, body type really wonn't matter.
Lurker
0 likes
Maybe I shouldn't comment on this topic as I'm no longer on the "find 'em, feel 'em, fuck 'em and forget 'em" scene. I now have a relationship with a b/f. However ... in earlier days, body type did matter. Nature has a way of telling us just how our ideal mate should be ... even how he should look and what his physical attributes should be - to make him sexually attractive Mine was dictated by what I saw, other girls may differ and that's what makes the world go round but in my case, my juices would flow according to that mental formula. OK so far ... but in spite of having a hugely masculine body I often found what lay inside the guys pants belied what is easily apparent on the outside.

Barrel chested, muscular men have often displayed a pathetic erection at that one crucial moment of no return. On the converse ... skinny and weedy looking guys can sport the most impressive erect cock. Just glad I've got the best of both worlds now
Lurker
0 likes
Never has to me. I love ALL types, shape, and colors!
Lurker
0 likes
I guess the body gets one past "hello", then the personality takes over. If that's lacking, then whatever the body shape that person is becomes a dud.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
I wish I could say that it doesn't matter. But, I work hard to keep myself in shape and I am naturally drawn to the same. Having said that, being drawn to something doesn't necessarilly mean it's worth staying for. I like flaws. Sometimes flaws become that thing that makes a difference. Because of that, there have been times when the not so ideal body type has grown on me and developed into physical desire.
? A True Story ?
Lurker
0 likes
not to me. i mean, a nice body will catch my eye at first, but that doesn't mean anything. you gotta be able to make me laugh! i don't care what you look like!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't give a damn what your body tyoe is. BY the time I am going to bed with you, there is already such a strong "head connection" you could be 3 feet tall and weigh 600 pounds. COnversely, you could be 10 feet tall and weigh only 100. It just does not matter. I don't care if you had polio, and can't move your legs; or had a double major masectomy. I am going to have a conversaion with your boobs anyway. That said, I would prefer that you either have all your front teeth or a good set of dentures. A gap-toothed smile is a little hard to get past. LOL
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster