how do you view sex?

last reply
25 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
what is the difference between how men view sex and how woman view sex?
that's my main question

i'm just curious and trying to get a clear idea but
if you let a girl give you a hand job is that already considered sex?
or how about if you masturbated in front of each other? surprised
Artistic Tart
0 likes
I think it's different for everyone. Personally, I feel like I didn't 'have sex' until I had vaginal intercourse, even though I messed around and did other things before then. Some people feel like they crossed that line with oral sex, and I've also heard it said that people did anal sex so that they could technically remain a virgin. That's funny as hell to me, but to that person, they're still a virgin if that's really how they feel. I don't know how common my view of this is, though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For me, vaginal or anal sex is considered having sex. And sometimes even that doesn't count. Like if the sex only lasts a minute or two and leaves me unsatisfied, then I just pretend it never happened.

Masturbation, hand jobs and blow jobs are foreplay.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
wow... when is anal or oral SEX not sex! *giggles* that just makes me laugh. Sex; physical intimacies between 2 or more people that could potentially end in climax for one or both. how does that sound? mutual masturbation, to me, is definately sex. oh, and fun! smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
lol thanks for the replies
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Technically, anything that is penetrating an orifice is supposed to be sex, but I tend to lump 'oral' as 'fooling around'... same as I would tag mutual masturbation as more along the lines of foreplay. It's wrong to define it as such, but I tend to more classify vaginal/anal as sex. This doesn't make sense though, because then what is lesbian sex? (provided it remains just oral).

I think women tend to see oral as just 'foreplay' in order to keep their sex-partners numbers lower. And maybe some people do it to avoid feeling like they've cheated if they are in a scenario where they are just giving someone a blow-job. Maybe it alleviates some of the guilt.

For me, if I'm having oral with someone, 95% of the time I have also gone on to have vaginal/anal sex, so it doesn't make as much of a difference to me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
^ nice and thanks
Constant Gardener
0 likes
I guess that damned cagey President Clinton was right after all!
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I usually view sex with my binoculars because it.....erm....oh crap.....wrong thread!!!

I'll go with DD on this, especially if it lets me classify getting a BJ as just fooling around! Now, where is that darned address book so I can call DD??
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by mercianknight
I usually view sex with my binoculars because it.....erm....oh crap.....wrong thread!!!

I'll go with DD on this, especially if it lets me classify getting a BJ as just fooling around! Now, where is that darned address book so I can call DD??

lmao ^^
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by mercianknight

Now that was funny!! Hmm... why do I have this feeling that I'm going to regret having said that one day...
Wild at Heart
0 likes
I think you are a virgin until someone has put a penis in your vagina or ass and vice versa for men. Oral is sex but I don't think it makes you a non-virgin if all you've had is oral.

Sex for me is just sex. It's something fun to do with someone but I don't think it's this whole life changing thing. I sometimes feel more of a connection with a girl over a shared laugh or a similar interest in something obscure.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
I think you are a virgin until someone has put a penis in your vagina or ass and vice versa for men.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Lurker
0 likes
I agree with some today and disagree with others so here goes.

Oral, Masturbation and Hand Jobs to Ejaculation in my way of thinking is certainly a sex act. The very young most likely would not consider this as having sex. But now that I am more mature these activities almost always lead to vaginal and/or anal penetration, so to me these activities are the preliminaries to the entre.

Oral sex between two woman is certainly having sex in my experience.

If you want to kid yourself that these preliminaries are not a sex act, OK. But I have known a number of woman who were going to stop at the preliminaries, but still ended up pregnant.

Just my observations
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by thepainter
Quote by Magical_felix
I think you are a virgin until someone has put a penis in your vagina or ass and vice versa for men.

Sorry, just couldn't resist.

I think that came out wrong... You know what I meant though.
Lurker
0 likes
Sex; sexual contact; sexual acts; touching of genitals, sexual contact, sex acts, sexsexsexsexsexwaitasecwaitasecwaitasexwaitasexwantasexwantasexsexsexsecsecsexsexsex...

touching.tasting.entering.feeling.naked.licking.doesn'tcount.screw.it.licking.sucking.touching.squeezing.

Crossing boundaries. Pushing limits.

Would you do it in sight of others, for instance at a family picnic or get together? Do it in plain sight of whatever partner or date you might have at the time, if he or she weren't the other participant?

Would you do it in a public place, for instance, the grocery store. "Oh baby, suck my -- dick, pussy, toes, fingers, ears, whatever -- " ??????? "Baby, don't worry, it's not sex, we're not having intercourse. Okay? Get to it, sweetie, it isn't sex!!!"

Fooling around, foreplay, not penetration, oh yeah!!!!!! That's gardening, or something.

Whatever. Only don't piss on my leg and try and tell me it's raining.

It's sex. Plain and simple.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Isn't it all just semantics here?

Whether you call something sex, fooling around, or foreplay... does it really matter in the end? They are all examples of physical intimacy with another person.

In terms of a partner going behind my back deceptively and cheating... I wouldn't really feel any better if they had just "fooled around" with someone instead of having had actual intercourse. For me, the impact would still be the same. I don't really see it as being that different, other than the semantics of how you define it.

As far as a girl's virginity goes... I define it technically as 'breaking the hymen'... so you need vaginal penetration for that. Although I'm sure there are many anal virgins out there that can cling to their notion of chastity too.
Lurker
0 likes
No. It is not all semantics. When it comes to such an emotionally charged question, it cannot just be about semantics, and it never has been. Whether it is the attempt of someone caught in a flagrant act with another person who is trying to downplay the implications of it, having been caught, or something that is liable to a criminal charge, it is not just semantics.

There is always far more involved; you said it yourself, and yes, it does matter in the end.

If it didn't, no-one would ever bother to ask the question and people would not try and squirm around the edges of it, trying to down play the intimate physical contact involved, and let on that it was not sex, or sexually related.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by gypsymoth

If it didn't, no-one would ever bother to ask the question and people would not try and squirm around the edges of it, trying to down play the intimate physical contact involved, and let on that it was not sex, or sexually related

I wasn't suggesting that "fooling around or foreplay" wasn't sexually related... but just that I would not define it as 'sex'.

Quote by gypsymoth

Would you do it in a public place, for instance, the grocery store. "Oh baby, suck my -- dick, pussy, toes, fingers, ears, whatever -- " ??????? "Baby, don't worry, it's not sex, we're not having intercourse. Okay? Get to it, sweetie, it isn't sex!!!"

Again here, I would not say that if someone sucked my fingers or ears that that qualified as having sex with me. It's intimate and sexually related, but it's not sex... at least by any definition I've ever heard. I just see all these acts on the sexual continuum running from a "kiss" and all the way to "full intercourse"... Whatever level of "guilt" someone wants to associate with this spectrum of acts is going to be up to that individual person and their particular relationship, if they feel they are doing something wrong etc.

I don't see what the big deal is unless we are talking about sexual activity with a minor which is a crime, and very different from the original question of this thread.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WHR43

Oral sex between two woman is certainly having sex in my experience.

Agreed
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gypsymoth
Sex; sexual contact; sexual acts; touching of genitals, sexual contact, sex acts, sexsexsexsexsexwaitasecwaitasecwaitasexwaitasexwantasexwantasexsexsexsecsecsexsexsex...

touching.tasting.entering.feeling.naked.licking.doesn'tcount.screw.it.licking.sucking.touching.squeezing.

Crossing boundaries. Pushing limits.

Would you do it in sight of others, for instance at a family picnic or get together? Do it in plain sight of whatever partner or date you might have at the time, if he or she weren't the other participant?

Fooling around, foreplay, not penetration, oh yeah!!!!!! That's gardening, or something.

Whatever. Only don't piss on my leg and try and tell me it's raining.

It's sex. Plain and simple.

We must have gone to the same school of sexual education! Right On.

Lurker
0 likes
unfortunately, in retrospect.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Sex is stimulating the sex organs for the purpose of arousing pleasure. Usually sex with one's partner ends with sexual intercourse, which is the act which was designed to procreate the species.
Man's ingenuity has provided us nowadays with all sorts of aids to this pleasure and also the means to avoid pregnancy, which was the unavoidable lot of females until about the middle of the last Century.
Sexual pleasure and procreation have now become seperated for those who seek the former only, and that has allowed far greater sexual freedom to become 'the norm'.
I can only refer to attitudes displayed by my wife and myself, which have changed with time. When we were in our twenties and thirties we did the sexual act of procreation like two dancers...We got good at it, and enjoyed it a lot. We initially had three miscarriages at three months term, then our gynie man found the hormone additive formula and we had four adorable children, two of each, all within five years, after which I agreed to have 'the snip', which should have meant lots of sex and no further pregnancies.
Alas that was not to be. My wife lost interest, perhaps she found sex pointless and no longer seemed to enjoy it. I still remain strictly faithful to her after 42 years, but understandably indulge in pleasuring myself often while browsing sites like this.
Carpe Diem !.....Sieze the day !
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I veiw sex as fun, interesting adventurous activity that some take way too serious. It's a means to release pent up tension, great for a headache, way to show eternal love. The older I get the more I veiw sex as a playground of fun, fantasy and adventure.
Get on Get in Enjoy the ride
Lurker
0 likes
Personally I always like to view sex, while he's between my legs
Lurker
0 likes
I usually have my glasses off, so sex tends to be blurry.