last reply
39 replies
4.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Kinky Quill
0 likes
Scored 90, glad I didn't score 100
I am glad that a flutter can mean so much, and be oh so powerful! Whilst I bring my own kind of chaos to those I choose to know everywhere, I do believe in Chaos theory, and I am glad that it is suggested that the fluttering wings of a butterfly can be felt the other side of the globe, it gives me hope that I can caress your soul.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Your score is: 20

What does your score mean?

According to your score, you have major difficulties asserting yourself. In fact, you may occasionally let things go so far that others walk all over you. Just the thought of expressing an opposing opinion, asking for a raise or taking a romantic risk gives you knees of jello. There are many possible reasons for your dread of standing up for yourself and going after what you want; perhaps you fear that others won't like the more "aggressive" you, you don't want to rock the boat or simply lack the confidence to speak up and voice your views. Whatever the cause, you definitively should consider working on your assertion skills. Don't expect to change over night, but start with small steps you can handle; express your opinion on a project at work, tell your partner when you're not happy about something, or complain about unsatisfactory service. Truth is, no one is going to like you less for asserting yourself. In fact, you'll likely inspire newfound respect - so speak up
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I got an 80.

You have no problem standing up for yourself, whether it's in a romantic, work, or personal situation. Essentially, you don't take any crap from anyone! You've got a strong backbone and don't hesitate to put people in their place if you feel you're getting the short end of the stick. This is a great skill that will get far you in life, as long as you keep it balanced with a cool head and a healthy dose of etiquette. People are far more likely to listen to what you have to say - not to mention respect your opinion - if you remain considerate and give them a chance to express their views. Assertiveness is a valuable trait, but there's always the danger of bulldozing your way through life. You should also keep in mind that sometimes we just have to let go of the "little" things, and can't always get our way - compromise is the key. So as long as you keep these pointers in mind, you're on the right track!
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
i scored a 65.

While you're not an overly assertive person, no one could call you a pushover. When the situation calls for some good old-fashioned assertiveness, you can dish it out with the best of them. You are able to stand up for yourself when the stakes are high, but in other cases your confidence wavers and you keep a lid on it. Perhaps you fear that others won't like the more "aggressive" you, you don't want to cause trouble, or you simply lack the confidence to speak up and voice your views to certain people. Whatever the cause, it certainly wouldn't hurt to hone up on your assertion skills. Brushing things under the rug can backfire in the long run - pent up emotion can lead to resentment or sudden aggressive outbursts. There's no need to fear rocking the boat from time to time, as long as you play fair. The more you assert yourself, the easier it'll become!

i absolutely agree.

Say. Her. Name.

Mystical Dragonfly
0 likes
Your score is: 85

Average
score

You have no problem standing up for yourself, whether it's in a romantic, work, or personal situation. Essentially, you don't take any crap from anyone! You've got a strong backbone and don't hesitate to put people in their place if you feel you're getting the short end of the stick. This is a great skill that will get far you in life, as long as you keep it balanced with a cool head and a healthy dose of etiquette. People are far more likely to listen to what you have to say - not to mention respect your opinion - if you remain considerate and give them a chance to express their views. Assertiveness is a valuable trait, but there's always the danger of bulldozing your way through life. You should also keep in mind that sometimes we just have to let go of the "little" things, and can't always get our way - compromise is the key. So as long as you keep these pointers in mind, you're on the right track!
Lurker
0 likes
I scored a 65, I stand up for myself but dont rock the boat when it isnt necessary.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
score 100. I answered the questions as the owner of my business not as Hubbie's sub. I'm his sub because I want to be.

The Linebacker
0 likes
Those questions fail tremendously at determining true assertiveness. They are bullshit. How's that for assertiveness?