Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

With what the NFL players are getting paid, should they live life on higher standards?

last reply
14 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
what do you mean higher standards? (I'm not from America so I don't really know how they live)
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
In my experience, the more you get paid, the fewer morals you have. True in every walk of life.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
everyone should live life by the highest ethical standards possible. everyone.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When they see the dollar signs they seem to lose all common cents. They must take stupidity classes for the shit they are doing. But then again the morals they live by now starts with their first steps in sports during childhood, coaches, parents, and the media give them such an ego boost that they think that being famous gives them right.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes to the orginal question, but not di\ue to money but due to being in the public eye.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
hell yes, they should be role models, not thugs .that goes for all pro atheletes.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by sprite
everyone should live life by the highest ethical standards possible. everyone.

I agree!

We all should be striving to be our best. We all should be striving to SHARE our best!

Be a good example for others .... so that the good cycle continues.

So much can be done in this world, when we do for the good of others.

So .... NFLers and all professional athletes who are role models are no different than the role models of teachers, neighbours, coaches, tutors, religious members .....

Be Your Best for all the right reasons!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am not sure about " higher standards" . Higher standards than what?

The standards " normal " working joes are held too?

I think everyone should hold themselves to the same High Standards.

Treat people with respect, be the best you that you can be, and just typically be a good person.

Whether you make $600000 a year or $60.
Editor at large
0 likes
Quote by PoisonIvory
I am not sure about " higher standards" . Higher standards than what?

The standards " normal " working joes are held too?

I think everyone should hold themselves to the same High Standards.

Treat people with respect, be the best you that you can be, and just typically be a good person.

Whether you make $600000 a year or $60.

Agree totally with respect etc. Well said, Lady =d>
The Linebacker
0 likes
Its only in recent times/decades that professional athletes became role models for the way one lives their lives. I don't think professional athletes are good at this. Their calling or their ability, is to be an athlete. In the early 20th century, professional athletes moral image was much closer to that of being a member of a motorcycle gang, so things have really changed. If you're going to put a lot of moral faith in professional athletes then you're going to be disappointed.

Of course it can be argued that with all the money they make, fame, TV commercial they do, then they should be held to a higher standard. Maybe so with all that, but still I think only a very few of them are up to that challenge.

They are great athletes, not great human beings.
Lurker
0 likes
Higher standers, beat your kid ,beat the hell out of your wife. Yea lets respect that person. Because he makes more money then a real criminal.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
In my experience, the more you get paid, the fewer morals you have. True in every walk of life.

I agree wholeheartedly.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
I think ANY person that is in the public"s eye, and that includes professional athletes, actors and actresses and politicians, should be held to a higher standard. Unfortunately, the opposite is often the reality.