Chat Room moderators

last reply
10 replies
3.5k views
2 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
If someone has a chat moderator badge, is the "gavel" always on when they enter a chat room? I'm not sure how each of them feels about it, but perhaps they would enjoy being able to enter a room occasionally without the gavel.

Lately it seems as if some of the mods are taking garbage from some idiots in the rooms. It's a shame when that happens, because I can sometimes hear the frustration from them.

Possibly a few more moderators could be added to take some of the pressure off of the current mods.

I love the rooms,
Zina
Code Monkey
0 likes
Hi Zina

I'm afraid the gavel or hammer is attached to their accounts, permanently. Even without it, wouldn't the regulars know they were still a moderator?

I have seen the rooms get quite busy recently, 70+ on one day. As Lush becomes more popular we will need to recruit more chat moderators to the team.

Thanks
gav
Internet Sensation
0 likes
The hammer is also a good way for new people to know who they can ask questions and possibly get a correct answer of how things work around here.
Lurker
0 likes
Gav and Cat,

Youre both right on all those comments.

I guess I get a little irritated when I see morons directing abuse at mods just because they are one.

Thanks
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Thanks for your concern dear, it's really sweet of you.
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by zina_xdresser
Gav and Cat,

Youre both right on all those comments.

I guess I get a little irritated when I see morons directing abuse at mods just because they are one.

Thanks

You are a sweetie Zina, always so polite and helpful.
Lurker
0 likes
Nice rooom.....[url=]The Hunger Games Download[/url]
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
How do you become a chat room moderator? I had an account here for a year, left and have returned. And since coming back I've found that the chat has gotten more popular and there is more abuse going on. I'm on quite often, and sometimes there isn't a Mod around to help out when needed.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
The rooms are supposed to be pretty much self handled.
If you do not get along with someone, block the person.

If the person is being offensive or breaking site guidelines and laws take a screen shot of the chat and send it to one of the moderators. There's a pause function in the chat room to stop the scrolling.

We recently added two new(well one old but..) chat moderators. But if you're interested feel free to contact the site through the contact us form or send a mail to one of the moderators and we'll put you up for consideration.
0 likes

Quote by Catnip
The rooms are supposed to be pretty much self handled.
If you do not get along with someone, block the person.

If the person is being offensive or breaking site guidelines and laws take a screen shot of the chat and send it to one of the moderators. There's a pause function in the chat room to stop the scrolling.

We recently added two new(well one old but..) chat moderators. But if you're interested feel free to contact the site through the contact us form or send a mail to one of the moderators and we'll put you up for consideration.

Too true.

But, if you want to be a Mod, hit up Admin and advertise yourself to join the team.