Marrying Someone Twenty Years Older Than You

last reply
20 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Guys, would u marry a good looking caring lady who loves u, but is 20 yrs older than u? If not: why? How much age difference will u allow?
Neel
Clumeleon
0 likes
Realistically, probably not. I would really love to start a family and the older I get, the less likely it is that a woman twenty years my senior would be willing to do that.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
As long as you love each other and have similar goals in life then why not
0 likes
I would have to be a really good match on some level for it to click. I'm on the junior end of a 9 year age gap and even that gap is creating retirement planning headaches as we head into our fifties since she will hit "normal retirement age" of 65 well before me.

That said, it obviously doesn't phase everyone. Apparently the director just tapped to direct the 50 Shades movie is married to a guy who is 23 years her junior (the star of a previous film).
Lurker
0 likes
At one point in my life I think I could have entertained this thought, but I was younger, and didn't have much value for common interests and experiences then. Now, as a man of 48, I think much differently. There has to be some kind of experience in culture that is common. It helps keep core values from being sticky points in a relationship.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Her net worth would have to be about 20 times more than mine with zero pre-nups and no restrictions on my propensity to fuck around with other women in a discreet manner.

Hell, I might even try to satisfy her as often as she'd enjoy some carnality. And if she were worth 10 million or so, she could be fugly as ten miles of bad road, I'd just put a grocery bag over my head. Cuz I'm a gentlemanly sort.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by c50t
At one point in my life I think I could have entertained this thought, but I was younger, and didn't have much value for common interests and experiences then. Now, as a man of 48, I think much differently. There has to be some kind of experience in culture that is common. It helps keep core values from being sticky points in a relationship.

I agree. And having a short term sexual relationship with such a gap is much different than a long term relationship. At certain times in our lives that 20 year difference is not such a big deal, but at others, it is HUGE. For instance the difference between a man hitting 50 and a woman hitting 70. We have "sweet spots" in our lives and than times where age really hits us. This does not hold as a constant for ALL but does for MOST.

When the relationship is reversed, where the man is 20 years older, it does not seem to be quite the same as the other way though from what I have seen. That might be because of basic biology, or maybe even just cultural norms. But it is what it is.

But honestly I can see how a 20 year old male would find a 40 year old woman appealing, and maybe the woman find that 20 year old guy sexually attractive; but beyond that, I can't see a true connection on a mental level unless he is not the typical guy or she is emotionally and mentally stunted. This is not a slam though, it is just the way things are. And then when he is 30 she is 50. And then when he is 40 she is 60. Now there may not be an issue, but honestly in most castes I think there would be... more so if he is still fit and youthful and she has aged. And this DOES happen.

Sure sure, there are exceptions. But I tend to not play life hoping for the off chance of things, I like to play the odds. There are reasons why we see most couples falling within certain age ranges, social standings, and other factors. And then we have the FANTASIES. ;) Fantasies can be wonderful.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Her net worth would have to be about 20 times more than mine with zero pre-nups and no restrictions on my propensity to fuck around with other women in a discreet manner.

Hell, I might even try to satisfy her as often as she'd enjoy some carnality. And if she were worth 10 million or so, she could be fugly as ten miles of bad road, I'd just put a grocery bag over my head. Cuz I'm a gentlemanly sort.

I love how you tell it like it is.

Actually this is probably how 95% of the guys I know would answer if they were fed a truth serum and/or were keeping it real.

Even for the cubs that like an older woman for a long-term partnership, you rarely see this much of an age gap in this kind of pairing unless the woman own a yacht and eats diamonds for breakfast.
Lurker
0 likes
definitely!!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

This pretty much sums up my feelings. Except the bag might go over her head and tell her it's a big fetish of mine.
Lurker
0 likes
Never Never Never
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would marry someone 20 or 30 or even 40 years younger (if they'll have me).
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Well, I'm 28 so she would be 48. Unless she's super fit and rich, probably not.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
two words: Helen Mirren.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Fuck no.

20 years is too much for me. Even if she was rich and hot. The one exception would be Martha Stewart but that would be like marrying Jesus. If Jesus was a hot, thick, creative, delicious, chef goddess.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm in a relationship where I'm 16 years older. You guys suck but represent how the rest of the world views older women. Again....you suck!
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by mare24
I'm in a relationship where I'm 16 years older. You guys suck but represent how the rest of the world views older women. Again....you suck!

You can't count the handful of replies here as being 'how the rest of the world views older women'. From my experience, younger men especially here on Lush want an older woman. It may be all fantasy for them and in reality they wouldn't consider it, but that is not the vibe I get.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Ravyn

You can't count the handful of replies here as being 'how the rest of the world views older women'. From my experience, younger men especially here on Lush want an older woman. It may be all fantasy for them and in reality they wouldn't consider it, but that is not the vibe I get.

I'd like to believe that Ravyn, but I'm sad to say I don't. sad
Lurker
0 likes
I would. The only women that I have dated have always been older than me. I love a mature woman.
0 likes
I've dated women that were 10-15 years older than me.

Marry?

Not so sure about that for the following reasons:

1) I'm in my early 30's and I'd like the option of having kids one day.

2) Refer to reason number 1.

If I got to a point where kids would be irrelevant then I might change my mind.
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

I love how you tell it like it is.

Actually this is probably how 95% of the guys I know would answer if they were fed a truth serum and/or were keeping it real.

Even for the cubs that like an older woman for a long-term partnership, you rarely see this much of an age gap in this kind of pairing unless the woman own a yacht and eats diamonds for breakfast.

That's a rather dim view of people (men, specifically). But I can see your point.

I'd say the same goes for women. A 30-year-old woman probably wouldn't be too interested in a 50-year-old man unless he also shat diamonds and his "modest" assets were ownership of companies whose yearly revenue is more than I could make in 20 on a salary.

Otherwise, he'd have to have one killer sense of humor. And I mean, make the gods weep type of jokes.