Eating for blood type diet.

last reply
21 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Has anyone tried the eating for blood type diet. I am currently on it and find that my sinus problem has cleared. When exercising the muscle burn and fatigue has disappeared. Firmer and more frequent erections as well. I have coupled this with cycling and the results are phenomenal.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I looked into this a while back and bought the book years ago. I found it interesting that I naturally gravitate toward and reject foods that are consistent with my blood type.

I have a rare blood type (A negative) which is only found in about 6% of the population (total pain to be A- when it comes to medical situations and blood transfusions btw), but even as a young child, I was always the type to love my vegetables (even broccoli and brussels sprouts) and dread when meat was served for dinner. I used to find ways of sneaking it to the dog when possible. So, I suppose technically I do eat consistent with my blood type today, aside from eating seafood (which I enjoy, but is more of a Type O food group).And while I love carbs, I'm still mindful of not overindulging.

Sugar, caffeine and alcohol definitely don't do well with my system. Even though I love alcohol, I have long told people that I feel like my body doesn't metabolize it very well. I was never that person that could be happy fall-down drunk for hours on end and then eat a greasy breakfast in the morning and feel great. My system is really sensitive to it, and I can get brutal hangovers very easily.

I'll post this, just incase people aren't aware of the basics:

Quote by ]

Type O blood: A high-protein diet heavy on lean meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables, and light on grains, beans, and dairy. D'Adamo also recommends various supplements to help with tummy troubles and other issues he says people with type O tend to have.

Type A blood: A meat-free diet based on fruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains -- ideally, organic and fresh, because D'Adamo says people with type A blood have a sensitive immune system.

Type B blood: Avoid corn, wheat, buckwheat, lentils, tomatoes, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Chicken is also problematic, D'Adamo says. He encourages eating green vegetables, eggs, certain meats, and low-fat dairy.

Type AB blood: Foods to focus on include tofu, seafood, dairy, and green vegetables. He says people with type AB blood tend to have low stomach acid. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and smoked or cured meats.

And I thought this was an interesting guide and a fun read as far as fitness, personality types and what to avoid.

Quote by [url=http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/eat-according-to-your-blood-type
Link
]

AB or O, your blood type reveals eye-opening things about your personality and your body's needs. Here's what Dr. D'Adamo says about what foods and workouts will help you reach your blood type's fitness goals.

TYPE O

Character Traits: Focused, leader, energetic

Your Diet: Type Os (considered the original blood type) are descendants from hunter-gatherers who relied mainly on animal protein to survive their strenuous lifestyles.

Your Personality: You’re known for your leadership skills, extroversion, energy and focus. You consider yourself responsible, decisive, organized, objective, rule-conscious and practical. (Probably because you are.) But if you ever cheat on your diet, stop exercising or slip into a negative mindset (even boredom), watch out. You become angry, hyperactive or even manic.

What to Eat: Eat lean beef, lamb, turkey, chicken or fish (like bass, cod, halibut, sole and rainbow trout), kelp, seafood and (in moderation) salt, which lowers your levels of iodine, giving you optimal thyroid function.

What to Avoid: You might have difficulty digesting dairy, eggs and gluten, and should avoid wheat germ and wheat products like bread. Beans and legumes should also be avoided when possible, since they mess with your digestion and can wear you out or make you retain fluids. Cruciferous veggies like cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and mustard greens should be nixed because they inhibit thyroid function.

Dinner Tonight: Lamb and asparagus stew, steamed broccoli and sweet potato, and mixed fruit like blueberries, kiwi, grapes and peaches.

Your Workout: It’s especially important for you to work out regularly to stay fit, and exercising will help regulate stomach problems and ulcers you may experience because of your O-ness. Which is fine, since your blood type thrives on physical exercise anyway. Get sweating with the treadmill, swimming, running, cycling and weight training.

TYPE A

3 Character Traits: Hardworking, responsible, calm

Your Diet: When hunter-gatherer Os started thinning out, our ancestors started relying on agriculture and expanding their diet to include a semi-vegetarian approach. Type As have the digestive enzymes and bacteria it takes to digest grains and plants that other blood types might have a rough time breaking down.

Your Personality: When everyone else is panicking, you keep it cool. You’re responsible, hardworking, detail oriented and extremely organized. But you also have a classic “type A” personality—stressed and conscientious, craving success and perfection. You're the most artistic of the blood types (and even a bit sensitive).

What to Eat: Fill your plate with fruits like berries, figs, plums, apples, avocados, pears and peaches. Choose veggies like broccoli, artichokes, carrots, greens and garlic. Fish and poultry should be limited since type As produce fewer meat-digesting enzymes, which is why they have such a hard time digesting red meat. To get protein, rely on plant protein from nuts (like nut butters), seeds, beans and soy. Since your body can easily break down and get optimal nutrition from grains, carbs and proteins, cereal, breads and pastas should be staples of your diet.

What to Avoid: To balance cortisol levels (you may have high levels, which can lead to OCD, disrupted sleep, muscle loss, fat gain and insulin resistance) limit sugar, caffeine and alcohol and don’t skip meals, especially breakfast. Stressful elements like extreme weather conditions, loud noise, overwork and violent TV and movies should also be avoided.

Dinner Tonight: Tofu-pesto lasagna, broccoli and frozen yogurt.

Your Workout: Since you stress easily, try something calming like yoga.

TYPE B

3 Character Traits: Individualistic, relaxed, unconventional

Your Diet: Type Bs emerged when type Os moved to the Himalayas as nomads, domesticating animals and living on meat and dairy. Modern Bs should rely on lean red meat (like lamb, venison and beef) and fish, and choose turkey over chicken. Because of a sugar present in milk, Bs should work dairy like yogurt, cheese and milk into their diet each day.

Your Personality: You throw yourself into projects you love, always sticking to your goal, even when it’s against the odds. Since you follow your own rules, you’re not the most cooperative of the blood types. And because you pay attention to your thoughts more than your feelings, you can sometimes come off as cold.

What to Eat: Fill up on leafy greens and vegetables, and fruits like bananas, grapes, plums and pineapple.

What to Avoid: Take it easy on grains and avoid corn, buckwheat, rye and wheat since they can alter your ability to metabolize. (Same goes for nuts and seeds, so avoid peanuts, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds.)

Dinner Tonight: Broiled fish with roasted yams and rosemary, steamed vegetables and mixed fresh fruit.

Your Workout: Maintaining the mind/body balance is essential, so go for exercises that challenges both, like tennis, martial arts, cycling, hiking or golf.

TYPE AB

3 Character Traits: Difficult to read, trustworthy, volatile

Your Diet: Type AB is the newest blood type and is the rarest, found in less than 5% of the population. Since ABers share traits with As and Bs, they’re able to digest a wide range of foods. However, they have type B’s adaption to meats, but A’s low stomach acid, which means meat often gets stored as fat. An AB's staples should be veggies, seafood and turkey. Red meat should be eaten sparingly. ABs, like Bs, thrive on dairy and can process eggs particularly efficiently.

Your Personality: You have traits from both ends of the spectrum, making you hard to pigeonhole. You are passionate in your convictions, but you also want to be liked by others and this can create conflicts. You don't mind doing favors or helping out, as long as its on your own conditions. You may have a special interest in art and metaphysics.

What to Eat: Weak immune system? Try a vegetable-rich diet with a variety of carbohydrates. Snack on fresh fruits like cherries, grapes, watermelon and figs. (But thanks to your alkaline stomach, you might have a hard time digesting acidic foods like oranges.) Certain kinds of seafood, like mahi-mahi, red snapper, salmon, sardines and tuna, are optimal.

What to Avoid: Enjoy carbs in moderation, but bypass corn and buckwheat, which are difficult for ABs to digest. Avoid all smoked and cured meats as well as chicken, veal, beef, pork or shellfish. Steer clear of caffeine and alcohol, especially when you’re stressed.

Dinner Tonight: Tofu omelet with stir-fried vegetables and mixed fruit salad.

Your Work Out: Since you pull from both sides of the spectrum, you need to keep balance in your workout regimen, which means a combo of calming activities (like yoga or tai chi) and more intense physical exercise (like running or biking.) Visualization and carving out time alone are important, too. If you’re going to be sitting a lot (say, at work all day), break it up with some exercise. It will keep you energized for the haul.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Sugar, caffeine and alcohol definitely don't do well with my system. Even though I love alcohol, I have long told people that I feel like my body doesn't metabolize it very well. I was never that person that could be happy fall-down drunk for hours on end and then eat a greasy breakfast in the morning and feel great. My system is really sensitive to it, and I can get brutal hangovers very easily.

You are exactly like me!

I too fall into that accursed A- blood type. A definite real pain in medical emergencies. The blood donors also hound you like crazy.

And yea. I'm the same way with alcohol. I don't 'love' it though. It's nice and all, but I could live without it.

I get brutal handovers as well. My friends laugh, but no joke, when I get really drunk, I don't recover well. I literally get 24 hour hangovers if I'm not careful. No joke.

Man. A type diet sucks....
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Figs, no meat and yoga?! Fuck you, Doll!

Interesting though that I too tend to gravitate towards the A type foods. Although, I do eat a lot of chicken. I'm A+ and a friend of mine with the same blood type tried the diet a few years ago, and she said it made her feel a lot better. I think us Plussies have to lay off the dairy too. I notice when I do, I feel the better for it. I just love cheese too much.

But holy hammers, I can't get enough carbs! I could just eat bread forever.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by Wilful

Interesting though that I too tend to gravitate towards the A type foods. Although, I do eat a lot of chicken. I'm A+ and a friend of mine with the same blood type tried the diet a few years ago, and she said it made her feel a lot better. I think us Plussies have to lay off the dairy too. I notice when I do, I feel the better for it. I just love cheese too much.

LMAO I'm with Will on this one ....Tofu-pesto lasagne for dinner....FUCK THAT (shudders at the very thought)
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Wilful

I loooove figs! They're probably one of my favourite fruits (when I can get them and they're in season). And yep, tofu definitely makes me happy - if you think it's nasty - just try a sample of the Chili-Lime Basil Tofu the next time you're at Whole Foods. It's fantastic - you'll totally change your mind. smile
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

You are exactly like me!

I too fall into that accursed A- blood type. A definite real pain in medical emergencies. The blood donors also hound you like crazy.

And yea. I'm the same way with alcohol. I don't 'love' it though. It's nice and all, but I could live without it.

I get brutal handovers as well. My friends laugh, but no joke, when I get really drunk, I don't recover well. I literally get 24 hour hangovers if I'm not careful. No joke.

Man. A type diet sucks....

High-five! Nice to see some solid represent of A- blood type here! hah

And I hear you on the hangovers and the 24 hrs in bed recovery. It was something that frustrated me only because I could never keep up with friends during college days, vacations etc. I could drink less than them and still have a rough go of it the next day, whereas they seemed tired but still totally functional and ready to go again. This is partly why I began to veer toward different partying-options at one point so I didn't have to deal with hangovers.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for the replies. I am glad to know that the diet really works, it is early days for me - only 5 days but starting to see the benefits. I will update forum after two weeks of being on it.
Head Nurse
0 likes
I'm O+, The universal donor (although sadly, I'm not allowed to donate due to an auto immune disorder I contracted at 5)

TYPE O 3

Character Traits: Focused, leader, energetic

Your Diet: Type Os (considered the original blood type) are descendants from hunter-gatherers who relied mainly on animal protein to survive their strenuous lifestyles.

Your Personality: You’re known for your leadership skills, extroversion, energy and focus. You consider yourself responsible, decisive, organized, objective, rule-conscious and practical. (Probably because you are.) But if you ever cheat on your diet, stop exercising or slip into a negative mindset (even boredom), watch out. You become angry, hyperactive or even manic.

What to Eat: Eat lean beef, lamb, turkey, chicken or fish (like bass, cod, halibut, sole and rainbow trout), kelp, seafood and (in moderation) salt, which lowers your levels of iodine, giving you optimal thyroid function.

What to Avoid: You might have difficulty digesting dairy, eggs and gluten, and should avoid wheat germ and wheat products like bread. Beans and legumes should also be avoided when possible, since they mess with your digestion and can wear you out or make you retain fluids. Cruciferous veggies like cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and mustard greens should be nixed because they inhibit thyroid function.

Dinner Tonight: Lamb and asparagus stew, steamed broccoli and sweet potato, and mixed fruit like blueberries, kiwi, grapes and peaches.

Your Workout: It’s especially important for you to work out regularly to stay fit, and exercising will help regulate stomach problems and ulcers you may experience because of your O-ness. Which is fine, since your blood type thrives on physical exercise anyway. Get sweating with the treadmill, swimming, running, cycling and weight training.

- See more at: http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/eat-according-to-your-blood-type#sthash.PFXcoqba.dpuf

I would also agree with this. I tend to follow a Paleo diet (I say tend because I LOVE ice cream, and tend to fall off the wagon.

I love to run/bike/swim, the cardio type exercises. When I dont do them, I can tell. as for the personality? idk, sounds a bit like my horoscope.
0 likes
Yes, I had heard of this and read some and need to print it out or something. It is very interesting. I would like to do research on this and memorize.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

I loooove figs! They're probably one of my favourite fruits (when I can get them and they're in season). And yep, tofu definitely makes me happy - if you think it's nasty - just try a sample of the Chili-Lime Basil Tofu the next time you're at Whole Foods. It's fantastic - you'll totally change your mind. smile

"The next time you're at Whole Foods"? Bahahaha! I don't think we have a Whole Foods down here, or if we do, I've never noticed them...for good reason.

But I actually do enjoy tofu. So no need to bust out the hippy big guns to convert me. Damn it, now I feel like a big bowl of pad thai.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Here I am again. The second week has been completed and there is a definite improvement in my health.

(a) niggling joint pains are disappearing or gone.

(b) bloating does not occur even if meals are not taken on schedule.

(c) major muscles are not being fatigued as quickly during exercises.

(d) general feeling of well being as sinus congestion has disappeared.

(e) body fat is decreasing due to diet and exercise.

Report in another fourteen days.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Dancing doll hit it on the head, so proud of her for bring real knowledge to the subject.
Someone has to be the Villain
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Week number 5 on BTD and I am feeling great. Still cycling and my sex drive has gone through the roof. Nice morning wood and getting erections on demand easily. flexibility has increased and there is little or no lactic build-up after exercising.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Ashleigh posted very informative info. TYPE O traits.

I am type O+ (most common blood type)

About the hunter/gatherer... I still feel like one. In fact I'm ready to thrive if there is some catastrophic world event and only a few of us survive in a post-apocalyptic world.

I basically eat whatever I like. I do burn an enormous amount of calories. I do love ice cream though, but if I eat too much, my intestines rebel. (enough said there).
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
ABO and Rh Blood Type
Frequencies in the United States

O positive 37.4% 44%
O negative 6.6%
A positive 35.7% 42%
A negative 6.3%
B positive 8.5% 10%
B negative 1.5%
AB positive 3.4% 4%
AB negative .6%
0 likes
I am an AB ... which has been a pain in the ass when I have had to have a plasma transfusion (blood transfusion, no problem, it's the plasma which is very ikky)

I think most of us tend to gravitate to what our body needs. I am NOT a fruit eater ... with rare exceptions (and I think my body craves whatever it is and I satisfy it for another year). I am a huge veggie eater as well as enjoy seafood ... west coast cooking is highlighted in my kitchen ... fresh and quick cooking for optimal healthy consumption.

My workout has been very much as quoted .... I have been devoted to yoga/pilates for the last 10 years and gave up my running about then ... just recently adding in a kickboxing routine, which satisfies the more intense need.

TYPE AB

3 Character Traits: Difficult to read, trustworthy, volatile

Your Diet: Type AB is the newest blood type and is the rarest, found in less than 5% of the population. Since ABers share traits with As and Bs, they’re able to digest a wide range of foods. However, they have type B’s adaption to meats, but A’s low stomach acid, which means meat often gets stored as fat. An AB's staples should be veggies, seafood and turkey. Red meat should be eaten sparingly. ABs, like Bs, thrive on dairy and can process eggs particularly efficiently.

Your Personality: You have traits from both ends of the spectrum, making you hard to pigeonhole. You are passionate in your convictions, but you also want to be liked by others and this can create conflicts. You don't mind doing favors or helping out, as long as its on your own conditions. You may have a special interest in art and metaphysics.

What to Eat: Weak immune system? Try a vegetable-rich diet with a variety of carbohydrates. Snack on fresh fruits like cherries, grapes, watermelon and figs. (But thanks to your alkaline stomach, you might have a hard time digesting acidic foods like oranges.) Certain kinds of seafood, like mahi-mahi, red snapper, salmon, sardines and tuna, are optimal.

What to Avoid: Enjoy carbs in moderation, but bypass corn and buckwheat, which are difficult for ABs to digest. Avoid all smoked and cured meats as well as chicken, veal, beef, pork or shellfish. Steer clear of caffeine and alcohol, especially when you’re stressed.

Dinner Tonight: Tofu omelet with stir-fried vegetables and mixed fruit salad.

Your Work Out: Since you pull from both sides of the spectrum, you need to keep balance in your workout regimen, which means a combo of calming activities (like yoga or tai chi) and more intense physical exercise (like running or biking.) Visualization and carving out time alone are important, too. If you’re going to be sitting a lot (say, at work all day), break it up with some exercise. It will keep you energized for the haul.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The diet is all about eating low acid for your particular blood type. Various foods produce acid based on the type of blood. That is what the Blood Type Diet is about...
0 likes
Quote by ChuckEPoo
I eat low acid diet. It gives me greater energy

I would think that most people would AVOID eating HIGH acid diets.

I firmly believe .... if you find the food in a box/can manufactured somewhere other than your own kitchen (or grandma's canning) ..... DON'T EAT IT!!

#1 cause of bad health (obesity and illness/disease by-product) is eating processed foods and some of those things have added "preservatives" that just cannot be good to ingest on a regular diet.

Oh, and the size of your dinner plate/portion control is another cause for problems.

The Promise

It's a pitch Hollywood celebs love: that the alkaline diet – also known as the alkaline ash diet or alkaline acid diet – can help you lose weight and avoid problems like arthritis and cancer. The theory is that some foods, like meat, wheat, refined sugar, and processed foods, cause your body to produce acid, which is bad for you.

Eating specific foods that make your body more alkaline, on the other hand, can protect against those conditions as well as shed pounds. The alkaline diet really rocketed into the news when Victoria Beckham tweeted about an alkaline diet cookbook in January 2013.

Does It Work?

Maybe, but not for the reasons it claims.

First, a little chemistry: A pH level measures how acid or alkaline something is. A pH of 0 is totally acidic, while a pH of 14 is completely alkaline. A pH of 7 is neutral. Those levels vary throughout your body. Your blood is slightly alkaline, with a pH between 7.35 and 7.45. Your stomach is very acidic, with a pH of 3.5 or below, so it can break down food. And your urine changes, depending on what you eat – that's how your body keeps the level in your blood steady.

The alkaline diet claims to help your body maintain its blood pH level. In fact, nothing you eat is going to substantially change the pH of your blood. Your body works to keep that level constant.

But the foods you're supposed to eat on the alkaline diet are good for you: lots of fruits and vegetables, and lots of water. Avoiding sugar, alcohol, and processed foods is healthy weight-loss advice, too.

As to the other health claims, there's some early evidence that a diet low in acid-producing foods like animal protein (such as meat and cheese) and bread and high in fruits and veggies could help prevent kidney stones, keep bones and muscles strong, improve heart health and brain function, reduce low back pain, and lower risk for colon cancer and type 2 diabetes. But researchers aren't sure yet.

People who believe in the alkaline diet say that though acid-producing foods shift our pH balance for only a little while, if you keep shifting your blood pH over and over, you can cause long-lasting acidity.

What You Can and Can't Eat

Most fruits and vegetables, soybeans and tofu, and some nuts, seeds, and legumes are alkaline-promoting foods, so they're fair game.

Dairy, eggs, meat, most grains, and processed foods, like canned and packaged snacks and convenience foods, fall on the acid side and are not allowed.

Most books that tout the alkaline diet say you shouldn't have alcohol or caffeine, either.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The diet helps sexually as performance has gone through the roof along with fat loss.