What Makes Someone A Slut?

last reply
18 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
1 like
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A friend and I were recently having a drunken conversation about sex and she jokingly said I was a slut after I told her how many sexual partners I've had. It didn't bother me, but it did make me question what actions would qualify someone as being a slut. To date, I've slept with 26 men and women. But I've been sexually active for a little over 8 years, which is on average 3-4 partners a year. I enjoy sex, whether it be with men or women, and I suppose I've had a lot of it in my life. And if that makes me a slut, whore, whatever, so be it. But my question is, in your own opinion what makes a man or woman a 'slut'.

Not trying to cast judgment on others, just curious.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Being a slut is more of an attitude. I realize there are some people out there that might only have 2 or 3 partners in their lifetime. They will think you are a slut. To me 3-4 in a year sounds like you're almost a virgin. A slut is someone that has lots of sex with lots of partners because they just love sex. And just so you change your opinion about 26 partners in a lifetime being a lot, in college I had more than that in a weekend.
0 likes
I dislike intensely words that men used to classify a women's sexual appetite in a disapproving way

They get atta boys and high five but if we are sexually adventurous we are labeled with words when FIRST used..were abusive in nature towards women

Maybe not as much now or maybe some women revel in this term

But not too long ago if you were called a slut it was not complimentary

Maybe we as women need to come up with words that empower our sexual natures

Not ones that looked down on us for being sexual human beings
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
When said someone decides they're a slut.

There are no set rules for slutism. It's what you (as an individual) make it.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by thesexynun

Maybe we as women need to come up with words that empower our sexual natures

Not ones that looked down on us for being sexual human beings

This is brilliant. What makes somebody a slut is an external party judging you by their sexual standards.
"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Quote by Dani
When said someone decides they're a slut.

There are no set rules for slutism. It's what you (as an individual) make it.

Exactly.
Lurker
0 likes
The same thing that makes a man a tramp.

When a person has gone through several different sexual relations a year or even monthly, makes them a slut or tramp. Who cares about looking sexy or what ever, just as long as you keep your dignity and keep your legs closed, you have nothing to worry about. Just remember it goes both ways, men and women, unfortunately society has a double standard and frown more on women though.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Dryad
A friend and I were recently having a drunken conversation about sex and she jokingly said I was a slut after I told her how many sexual partners I've had. It didn't bother me, but it did make me question what actions would qualify someone as being a slut. To date, I've slept with 26 men and women. But I've been sexually active for a little over 8 years, which is on average 3-4 partners a year. I enjoy sex, whether it be with men or women, and I suppose I've had a lot of it in my life. And if that makes me a slut, whore, whatever, so be it. But my question is, in your own opinion what makes a man or woman a 'slut'.

Not trying to cast judgment on others, just curious.

Quote by Magical_felix
t's pretty simple actually. You learn the equation in high school.

Girls age ÷ 2 - sex partners = a negative or positive number.

If the number is negative she's a slut.

So, if the woman is 30 and she's had 10 partners you'd do this.

30 ÷ 2 = 15 - 10 = 5 = Not a slut.

If the woman is 30 and she's had 21 partners you'd do this.

30 ÷ 2 = 15 - 21 = -6 = She's a pretty big slut, bruh.

There is an exception to be made for threesomes/gangbangs though. Like if the 30 year old woman that had 10 partners had 6 of those at the same time you must multiply that number by two before plugging it into the equation. So it would go like this.

30 ÷ 2 = 15 (6 x 2 = 12 + 4 = 16) - 16 = -1 = She's a slut unless she keeps her legs closed for a while.

If you tell me your age I can calculate, with great accuracy, if you are a slut or not.
Lurker
0 likes
A slut is someone (can be man or a woman) who cheats on their significant other and, or is a mistress (i don't know what the male counterpart is for mistress) to someone who is in a relationship.

I don't think the term should be used based on how many people a person has slept with. As long as they're not spreading any diseases or aren't cheating, the number of partners shouldn't matter.
Active Ink Slinger
1 like
So using this formula:

26 / 2 - ((65 x 2 = 130) + 400 = 530) = -517

makes me a slut since it's a negative number. My question Magical Felix is Is that a bad thing?
Lurker
0 likes
That's hard to answer. I think my definition has changed a lot over the years. It's fun - in Lush land - to use the word, just to try to enhance the fun. In real life it's such a cruel thing to say. As a much younger man I think I thought it applied to women who were "easy", who were known to 'sleep around a lot'. But as has been mentioned above, a man who acted similarly was a swordsman, someone to admire, despite the fact that he acted just like the supposed slut.

These days, a word like skank seems to occupy the 'space' slut used to. More, much more than 'easy' - really implies dirty, worthless, or something. Truly cruel.

What's it take to be or become a slut or a skank? Well, someone cruel to think like that I suppose.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by lindseyaggie
So using this formula:

26 / 2 - ((65 x 2 = 130) + 400 = 530) = -517

makes me a slut since it's a negative number. My question Magical Felix is Is that a bad thing?

Mass is on Sunday at 7 and 9 am.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Dryad

I knew this formula would be brought up sooner or later, I'm 25

Well, let's see missy. Let's get down to brass taxes.

25 ÷ 2 = 12.5 - 26 = - 13.5

Oh...oh dear.

You don't quite need Jesus, like Lindseyaggie, up there...But you might need some counseling.

I am available, Saturday from 6:00 PM (sometimes this will be delayed until sunday 11:00am) to Sunday 7:00 pm (sometimes not 'til Monday around noon) But otherwise I am available for consolation for these very slutty matters you are dealing with. I am hands on, very thorough, and I care.
Lurker
0 likes
In literal meanings, Slut is a derogatory word used for immoral and physically and mentally dirty woman who is available for sex by anyone.... who would like to be a slut now ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Slut shaming is something that is more prevalent among women to other women, but in general, it seems, that women cannot win when it comes to their own sexuality or desires.

We get called sluts for wearing revealing clothes, even if that person is still a virgin, but on the flip side, if a woman were to wear a long skirt or be completely covered up, then she might be called a prude even if she has slept with X amount of people.

If we sleep with a guy on the first date we are a slut, and if we don't then we are a bitch.

There is also the myth about that a slut has a stretched out vagina, not taking into consideration all vaginas are different and never takes into consideration the size of the cock, but why is it that a woman can have sex 50 times with the same person and its ok but when she has had sex with 50 different cocks she is stretched out?

I get it being used within a scene or with a D/s relationship or the like, cause then it is used as a term of endearment (or meant to humiliate) then when random people use it to place you in a box for having a desire to have sex.

I don't get it when it comes to men literally begging women for nudes over the internet and as soon as they get them, they turn around and shame them for it.

No on should be shamed for their sexual activity. No one should have to explain or justify their partner count.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My own humble opinion here...

I think the word slut has gotten a bad rap over the years. I mean why should a woman be called a derogatory name for expressing the same drives and desires that a man is applauded for? Just because a woman enjoys her body and that of her partner, she is a slut? What do we call a guy who likes sex and has more than a couple partners? A stud! Hardly the same thing.

Now I understand and appreciate that some women enjoy the name - especially when being called that in the heat of passion. And if that is what you like, I am all for it. But to use the name (or any name) to hurt another is uncalled for. In my stories I use words like slut, cunt, and whore but I try to use them in ways that promotes the characters sexual excitement. To those women who like being degraded and humiliated as part of their sex play, this is fine, but if not, then you shouldn't be called these names based only on your enjoyment of sex.
Lurker
0 likes
In my book nothing makes anyone a SLUT it just a name guys and some women just throw around it's degrading to call anyone a SLUT. I have never called myself one and I hate it with I'm called one.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Anyone who is getting more than Me.