Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Do you use the forums regularly? Or do you prefer to stay away and why? Free form discussion

last reply
117 replies
5.8k views
1 watcher
7 likes
0 likes
I personally love the forums, but sometimes one small comment can completely derail the thread.

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I usually stop in here when I am on.
Fancy Schmancy
0 likes
I am pretty selective in the threads in which I participate - but I think they are fun, for the most part. I try to stay away from the ones where I figure nothing good can come of it. I am not particularly fond of controversy -- least of all controversy for controversy's sake. Often times there are misunderstandings that arise, and those need to be smoothed over. From an observer's perspective, it is fascinating, funny, and sometimes tragic to see how people interact with one another -- but usually interesting.
Lurker
0 likes
I try to avoid the one's with drama and tend to use the light hearted one. Drama gives me gas.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
I enjoy chatting to someone I like and find interesting (has nice tittays). After that the satisfaction of posting a story is quite fun.

But when it comes to laughs and observing human behaviour - like a people zoo - the forum is the place. You just never know how people are going to react to the most random things. It's funny to me.
Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes
I love the forums. Both posting and for just reading. Some are more entertaining than anything on tv. They usually get shut down pretty quickly.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
I enjoy chatting to someone I like and find interesting (has nice tittays). After that the satisfaction of posting a story is quite fun.

But when it comes to laughs and observing human behaviour - like a people zoo - the forum is the place. You just never know how people are going to react to the most random things. It's funny to me.

Much like sea cucumbers, anything can be entertaining.
"A dirty book is rarely dusty"
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
I've always loved the Lush forums in my seven years on Lush. Most of the forums are great .... but the Think Tank is an entirely different beast. It was created for more serious conversations ..... but sadly, its evolved to lots of "damn cute cat" pics at time to defuse tension with the thinner-skinned or when someone's truth(s) comments/analogies exposes someone's nerves.

Some of the drama that occurs with the thin-skinned or the drama-whores can be highly entertaining. But again, the Think Tank is for those able to swim with sharks and eels and such.

I applaud those who don't venture out of their comfort zone, otherwise they may delete their account!

Van
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by PrincessC

Much like sea cucumbers, anything can be entertaining.

Sounds like an innocent trip to an aquarium would end up getting us arrested for indecent exposure and lewd acts with a marine creature.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Sounds like an innocent trip to an aquarium would end up getting us arrested for indecent exposure and lewd acts with a marine creature.

Interesting how you presuppose there is such thing as an "innocent trip to an aquarium".
0 likes
hahaha!

The Linebacker
0 likes
Did someone mention derailment?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Did someone mention derailment?

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by PrincessC

Interesting how you presuppose there is such thing as an "innocent trip to an aquarium".

You mean you realize I'd only go to the aquarium to try and get at your oyster? Clever, girl... You're no guppy.
0 likes
I have to say, it really is funny to get the better of someone, but let's stay on track. I like the forums because it's like therapy. A good debate can be extremely satisfying if you stay on topic. I've learned how to tolerate the bullies so that's fun too, lol! It's true, you gotta wear your big boy/ big girl panties sometimes here but you should expect that.

Quote by adagio_sabadicus
I try to avoid the one's with drama and tend to use the light hearted one. Drama gives me gas.

I am so glad that this isn't the 'interscent', lol!

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick
It's true, you gotta wear your big boy/ big girl panties sometimes here but you should expect that.

Some of the forums require you to wear no panties at all, that is usually the kind I prefer.

Though in seriousness there is nothing better than a good debate with people who know what they are talking about. Sometimes we find just that on Lush. Sometimes we find chaos and that's entertaining too.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by PrincessC

Some of the forums require you to wear no panties at all, that is usually the kind I prefer.

I just inked in my pants.
Awesome Lady
0 likes
Quote by LaylaJune
I am pretty selective in which threads in which I participate - but I think they are fun, for the most part. I try to stay away from the ones where I figure nothing good can come of it. I am not particularly fond of controversy -- least of all controversy for controversy's sake. Often times there are misunderstandings that arise, and those need to be smoothed over. From an observer's perspective, it is fascinating, funny, and sometimes tragic to see how people interact with one another -- but usually interesting.

This!
I read some of the controversal ones, but I enjoy the fun games and joke ones. Don't like drama.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Nah, this is my first visit here.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

0 likes
Quote by PrincessC

Though in seriousness there is nothing better than a good debate with people who know what they are talking about. Sometimes we find just that on Lush. Sometimes we find chaos and that's entertaining too.

LOL! Maybe that's why they call it "Commando"

0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

I just inked in my pants.

This thread requires no pants, lol! Dammit, I keep derailing the thread...sorry! OCD alert..SQUIRRAL!

0 likes
Quote by VanGogh
I've always loved the Lush forums in my seven years on Lush. Most of the forums are great .... but the Think Tank is an entirely different beast. It was created for more serious conversations ..... but sadly, its evolved to lots of "damn cute cat" pics at time to defuse tension with the thinner-skinned or when someone's truth(s) comments/analogies exposes someone's nerves.

Some of the drama that occurs with the thin-skinned or the drama-whores can be highly entertaining. But again, the Think Tank is for those able to swim with sharks and eels and such.

I applaud those who don't venture out of their comfort zone, otherwise they may delete their account!

Van

I don't know about that, it got pretty heated in here last night so much that we were told to knock it off, it's not a playground. So, there are limits. But pushing the limits is so much fun!

Honestly, though. I prefer to have a good, fun intellectual conversation with good fun intelligent people. Unfortunately there are those that require you to put on the gloves, so why not. If the choice is A. Leave if you can't take it, ya big baby! or B. Stay and knock them out, I'll go for B everytime. But, I'd rather not have to make the choice.

0 likes
There's a quite a few I visit often. I usually stay out of the drama causing or prone ones..... usually when I'm not busy though
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The forums can be fun and a great way to meet people here, but some the questions do get a bit boring and mundane.
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick
I don't know about that, it got pretty heated in here last night so much that we were told to knock it off, it's not a playground. So, there are limits. But pushing the limits is so much fun!

Honestly, though. I prefer to have a good, fun intellectual conversation with good fun intelligent people. Unfortunately there are those that require you to put on the gloves, so why not. If the choice is A. Leave if you can't take it, ya big baby! or B. Stay and knock them out, I'll go for B everytime. But, I'd rather not have to make the choice.

What don't you know about about my comment/opinion?
- my seven years here (on and off)?
- most of the forum are great?
- the Think Tank was created differently?
- the Think Tank was formed for more serious conversations?
- the Think Tank has evolved to posting cute cat pics?
- thin-skinned members replying to posts and getting upset?
- the drama-queens who just want to vent,without much substance?
- that I applaud those who stay out of deep waters when they might not be able to swim well?

I'm not of the type to be your "B" version .... knocking someone out is not an attractive trait or attribute in my opinion. I visit the Think Tank because there are some great observations and being exposed to others' views and ideals can be a small learning moment.

Van
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh

What don't you know about about my comment/opinion?
- my seven years here (on and off)?
- most of the forum are great?
- the Think Tank was created differently?
- the Think Tank was formed for more serious conversations?
- the Think Tank has evolved to posting cute cat pics?
- thin-skinned members replying to posts and getting upset?
- the drama-queens who just want to vent,without much substance?
- that I applaud those who stay out of deep waters when they might not be able to swim well?

I'm not of the type to be your "B" version .... knocking someone out is not an attractive trait or attribute in my opinion. I visit the Think Tank because there are some great observations and being exposed to others' views and ideals can be a small learning moment.

Van

Yeah, there's really nothing that I disagree with. Honestly, I'd much prefer not to get into it with people, but there are so many that think if you don't like petty arguing than you should leave. That's all. No, knocking someone out isn't fun, unless its the person that needs the knocking. I can swim, I assure you, but I'd much rather dog paddle

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick

No, knocking someone out isn't fun

Yeah it is... You should try it sometime.

Lol this silly angler fish. Gross.
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Yeah it is... You should try it sometime.

Lol this silly angler fish. Gross.

Oh, you silly man. Your so pretty :-) Let's try not to derail the thread, okay? I know it's a temptation, but we wouldn't want anyone to have to come to your rescue again, that was just embarrassing, lol!

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick

Oh, you silly man. Your so pretty :-) Let's try not to derail the thread, okay? I know it's a temptation, but we wouldn't want anyone to have to come to your rescue again, that was just embarrassing, lol!

Firstly, I don't own a "so pretty".

Secondly, I recall you threatening to expose me and then completly backpedaling and chickening out when I told you to go ahead and do it. I mean you bluffed and I called you on it. It couldn't have gone more wrong... Like your threat totally backfired. Lol

Just sayin'.