Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Amnesia

"You can't unring a bell."

46
25 Comments 25
7.0k Views 7.0k
7.9k words 7.9k words
Editors Pick
Competition Entry: Le Noir Erotique

Thick cock slapped against her lax, sweat-soaked face. Kat knelt on the gritty concrete, pebbles and bits of glass biting at her knees as she slipped the angry head of his shaft between her lips, teasing the underside with her warm wet tongue, giving the stranger hovering above her a scorching blast of doe-y eye contact as she sucked him. 

Another cock nestled against her cheek, quivering, leaking pre-cum, leaving a glistening trail of it along her jawline.

Fuck. She was on fire. Her nipples pressed against the thin material of her blouse, so sensitive she gasped with each movement. The insistent smell of sex leaked from her pussy. She pulled the cock out of her mouth, stroking it. “Call me a slut,” she moaned. “Tell me I’m a slut for cock.”

The second cock slapped against her cheek. The faceless voice above it growled, “You look so slutty, a cock in your mouth and a cock slapping in your face.”

She moaned in reaction, arching her back.

The other man joined in. “Choke on it. Suck that cock like a good girl.”

His words inflamed her. She dived at his cock, took him deep into her throat, gagging on the length of him. The sight of it was so hot the second man fisted his member and began to jerk off on her face. She knew what a filthy fantasy she was, playing the role: a hot slut hungry for cock. She was the one in control; they were helpless at the sight of her.

She allowed them to use her mouth like a wet hole to be fucked. They took turns, grabbing her pony tail like it was a rein, thrusting their greedy cocks into her throat, gagging her even as she opened wide to take it all. Mascara ran down her cheeks. Her lipstick smeared bright red across her lips.

She took one of the men--they had no individual identity to her--deeper in her throat as she fondled his balls with her hand. He cried out, thrusting forward. “Take it all, suck my cock, oh, fuck, I’m gonna cum, make me cum, swallow my cum.”

She slid his cock out of her mouth then, and took him in her tiny palm as she teased the tip of him with her tongue, locking her eyes on his, taking full control. She licked at his cockhead with birdlike darts of her tongue as the man’s legs trembled.  She knew he was close; she could taste it. She massaged the cock in her hand until his length began to jerk and throb, then expertly took him again in her mouth as he began to spurt load after load into her open throat.

When he finished, she turned to the other cock and opened her mouth, offering her cum-lined lips and tongue to him, a gift. Of course he could not resist the sight. His hot cum slashed across her lips in a diagonal, rope upon slippery rope.

She waited several intoxicating moments before licking it from her lips, demure and ladylike, eyelids downcast. A single drop of pearly white clung to her jaw before succumbing to gravity and dropping onto her dress, soaking into the material, inches away from her hardened nipple poking through the thin white cloth.

She stole a glance at the strained face in the window two floors above the alley. She saw the flick of his cigarette lighter and the glow of the cherry on the end of the cigarette. It was a trick they used, so she could tell which window he watched from.

Only the hollows of his face showed in the swirl of smoke and harsh shadows of the dark room where he stood. She couldn’t see his eyes but she knew he watched. He always watched.

The nameless men around her tucked their limp, wet cocks into their pants silently, unsure of what should be said, what was allowed. Eventually they walked off awkwardly, one at a time, deeper into the alley, toward the far corner, where city traffic brayed, and were forgotten.

Only after she was alone did she fully meet the eyes of the man who watched her from the window. She slid two fingers into her torn panties, teasing her pussy lips, performing for him.  He smiled a tight smile and beckoned her forward with a single curled finger. She resisted, a brat now, sliding her fingers between her pussy lips and then suddenly inside her. She gasped, closed her eyes, and began fucking her wet pussy furiously with both fingers, her mouth open, cum staining her chin and lips and tongue.

She came in the shadow of the streetlight, alone, just for him.

#

 

Jake collected her before she had a chance to get lost or hurt, wrapping his sweater around her shoulders. Her head hung down as she balanced on the cusp of consciousness, nodding. He extended a hand, she looked up to him and took it, and he lifted her from the grit and filth of the concrete floor of the alley. He put his arm around her and led her out into the crass neon of the Los Angeles night. He shielded her from the prying looks of strangers as he led her to the door of the grungy, sparsely furnished downtown apartment they’d rented for exactly this purpose. 

Her trust in him was so total she closed her eyes as he led her, trusting him to guide her to someplace safe and protected. She opened them only long enough to navigate the doorway of the room and the short distance to the cheap futon they’d put in the corner, dropping pieces of clothes along the way, finally collapsing onto the bed nearly naked.  She closed her eyes again and waited on the verge of sleep for him to join her in bed. When he did, she stretched like a cat and curled her body around him, falling instantly into sleep. He stroked her head as she tunneled deeper into dreams, purring like a kitten.

Twelve hours later she awoke, a blank slate, to the scent of coffee. He sat on the edge of the bed and handed her a cup.

Outside the window, the world was bright sunny normalcy. Shoppers and office workers hustled by, eyes on the sidewalk ahead. It was a different world out there now.

“How long did I sleep?”

“Half the day. You slept well. You had a bit of a nightmare, in the middle of the night.” He kissed her forehead.

“Did I enjoy myself?” she asked. “Last night?”

He smiled. “You did.”

“And did you enjoy yourself?”

“I did. And we’ll enjoy it together again, tonight.”

“It’s a date.” She felt a small restlessness in her pussy, like the tingle of a bell.

He read the paper with his coffee while she slowly roused herself from sleep. She examined herself in the mirror. Her mouth was sore, her neck slightly bruised, her nipples raw and sore, but by the time she’d finished with her shower she felt fully refreshed. Little trace of the night before showed in the mirror as she brushed her hair and applied minimal makeup.

A look of scorching heat passed between them as she exited the bathroom.

They went out for breakfast, taking their time, spinning small talk, people-watching, enjoying the lazy day. Their date later that night sat between them, unspoken yet the center of most of their attention. They teased each other over the course of the day, with small gestures, gentle touches, sexy words.

They returned not to the apartment they woke up in, but their home, familiar photos and furniture, comforting and welcoming, full of light, as different from the earlier room as the previous night and the current day. He did some work from home, remotely, in his office on the second floor. She tended the garden, fed the cats, read awhile.

They met again early in the evening, paths recrossing in the kitchen, as they improvised a quick and easy dinner. Conversation during preparation was subdued and flirty, and as they took their places at the table the flirtation slowly morphed into something bigger, more urgent.

He did the dishes. She showered again, her entire body humming as the water sluiced down her naked skin. When she exited the shower, he was already in bed. She joined him there, naked.

It was time.

#

 

His cock was already hard as he started to talk.

“We sat together at the bar, you and I.  You looked so hot. That dress is so sexy. Your lips were so red and full. I could see your nipples hardening through your dress as you thought about the coming evening. Every man in the bar wanted you. Quite a few women too probably.”

His cock pulsed, involuntarily.  “You gave me a sweet little smile and took an Ambien about 9 p.m. That smile, my love. So potent. I wanted to fuck you right then and there. As we waited for it to hit, I left you alone at the bar and took a seat at a nearby table. Soon you had someone sitting down next to you, buying you a drink.”

“I remember a little of that. Before the veil slipped over me. He was sexy.”

“You certainly seemed to think so last night.”

The skin above her chest flushed. Her nipples hardened suddenly. She remembered the guy sitting next to her, ordering her a martini, looking not so surreptitiously down her blouse as they talked.

“Another man sat down at your other side. I couldn’t hear what any of you were saying. But you looked so fucking hot. Just radiating sex. Waves of it coming off you, effortlessly. The whole damn bar wanted to fuck you.”

She knew it was true. It was not a persona she tried on often. Its novelty is what made it so potent. She reached out, lightly brushing his balls with her fingertips as her spoke. His cock jumped at her touch. She felt her pussy twitch in perfect synchronization with his cock.

“You touched both of them, a lot. Teasing touches on their arms at first, a schoolgirl-with-a-crush sort of tease. As the liquor flowed your hands began to find their way down to their legs, their thighs, and their hands began to find you.”

At the ragged edge of her memory, right before the black hole carved out by the Ambien, she felt their hands on her, sitting at the bar in public, as her nipples grew noticeably hard, spurring both men onward, along with the liquor. Their cocks grew hard in concert with her nipples. Hands groped drunkenly at her tits as she laughed and flirted and trailed her fingertips along their thighs.

The last thing she remembered was one of the men leaning into her ear and whispering, “I need to fuck you right now.” He took her hand and led her to the back of the bar. 

Her husband continued. “One of them whispered something and took you to the bathroom. The men’s room of course. I listened by the door but didn’t go in. I’m pretty sure he fucked you in the stall, because you came out with your skirt hiked up and all twisted, your tits hanging out. The other guy waited at the bar.”

She fondled her nipple with her free hand, the other moving up to stroke his cock. “It turns me on to have my tits hanging out in public.”  

He reached out and took her other breast in hand, fondly her gently, feeling her skin heart up under his touch. He tweaked her nipple hard. She made a low guttural sound and snarked.

“It turns me on to see you turned on. You are such a hot slut. I love to watch you tease. I love to watch your face as talk to men, knowing how hard you are making them. I love to watch you grab a stranger’s cock.”        

“I do it for you,” she said.     

She snarled again as he pinched her nipple, harder now. “I know you do it for me. After you got back from the bathroom there were no more rules. You had this just-fucked look on your face that make me rock hard. The two strangers took turns grabbing at your tits, biting at your mouth and neck. Your hands were in both their laps. In full view of everyone. Every man in that bar thought of you as they fucked their wives last night.”

“And what will you think of?” she asked as she reached out to the base of his cock and began to stroke him. “What will you think of when you fuck your wife? Will you think of me too?” A drop of pre-cum rolled lazily from the top of his cock and dripped slowly down his shaft. She wiped it up with the pad of her thumb and rubbed it into the tip of his cock. He moaned, his entire body shuddering.  “Will you think of that little slut at the bar who was so hungry for cock?”

 She rolled over on the bed and straddled him. He licked and sucked at her nipples as slid her wet slit against his hard shaft, taking the head of his cock directly between her pussy lips before tilting her hips to avoid any penetration.

The tease, always the tease. He tried to enter her, she kept pulling her wet entrance away, refusing him. “Not yet, stud. Tell me more. You haven’t finished your story.”

His breath was ragged, his voice hoarse, his hips rocking forward. “I think you were all about to get kicked out of there. For, like, pretty much fucking right there on the bar. I walked up to the three of you—you barely even noticed me, you were so horny—and whispered to one of them where they could take you. He was so desperate to fuck you he didn’t even question me. You got off your stool and took them both by the hand and led them outside to the alleyway we’d agreed upon, the one next to our little fuck-pad. I left the bar and hurried to the apartment. I pulled out my cock just as you knelt down in front of both of them. You laughed as they let their cocks loose. Pure lust in your eyes. Your mouth hung open, ready to be used. God, you are so fucking hot.”

She let him enter then, and in one fevered thrust he was inside her, pumping furiously.

#

 

Kat’s best friend Jen had given her the idea. She always had some new kink up her sleeve, some clandestine story to tell. Kat was angry at Jake for openly checking out the ass of some young girl at a party. She told Jen all about it. Unlike Jen, she felt jealous and inadequate when she compared herself to other women. She wanted to be wilder, more unpredictable, sexually dangerous. She wanted to be more like Jen, with her signature black choker, her exotic perfumes, her perfectly toned body.

Jen told her about Ambien.

Jen’s doctor had prescribed it to for sleep. She took it the first night, creatively interpreting the “Do not take with alcohol” to mean “Pair with a nice glass of wine or two,” and shortly after finishing her first glass fell into a black hole of memory. A twelve-hour period where she remembered nothing.

Her boyfriend remembered it all. He awoke the next morning with an unfamiliar smile on his face. He fucked her hard that morning, telling her about all the things she allowed him to do—all the things she begged him to do—the night before. He restrained her wrists and tied her to the headboard, straddling her neck as he fucked her mouth, moved down her body to fuck her tits, and then finally drove himself deep into her pussy and flooding it with hot cum.

“People sleepwalk on Ambien,” said Jen. “They drive their cars, make entire meals. They fuck too. It’s a thing. Like, a documented thing. Ambien sex. No inhibitions. It’s great.”

Kat wondered how great it could be if she couldn’t remember any of it. Jen told her she noticed the bruises on her wrists and neck and tits as she dressed the next morning. She touched and fondled her bruises through her clothes during work, and came home so hot and wet she nearly tackled her boyfriend as he came through the door, fucking him on the floor before heading into the bedroom. Something about not remembering being fucked, but finding evidence of it all over her body in the form of hand-shaped bruises and bitemarks on her ass, drove her libido into overdrive.   

Kat wanted to be able to abandon herself the way Jen had.

The first night she didn’t tell Jake. She took the Ambien in the bathroom with the door locked. After she took it she stared into the bathroom mirror. Did she feel sexier? Did she look sexier? What did she want? What was she willing to do?

Who was she?

Her head started to feel a little light, as if it were a balloon attached to her body by an increasingly long stretch of string. She took off her bra, watching herself intently in the mirror, the flush of the skin of her chest, her now painfully erect nipples. She unbuttoned a button on her blouse, then a second, then a third.

Now or never.

She walked out of the bathroom and to her husband as he watched television on the couch downstairs.

They had the hottest, filthiest sex of their short marriage. Too bad she couldn’t remember a thing.

She told him the next night. Confessed. Told him about the girl at the party, and the jealousy, and Jen, and the Ambien. She explained she’d gotten a prescription from her own doctor.

It became their private plaything. She’d take a pill with a glass of wine on a Friday or Saturday night, and wait for the sexual fireworks to begin. They’d fuck long into the night, and Kat would awake with bruises and bites and an empty hole in place of her memories. They’d do their weekend thing, putter around on the lawn, go grocery shopping, maybe see a movie. All the while Saturday night was on her mind. She felt her body preparing for it, a small patient electricity in her pussy, a certain easy sensitivity in her breasts. 

On Saturday night he’d tell her about Friday night. If Friday night was for him, Saturday night was for her. She’d listen to him tell her all about what she did, like she was a character in a movie, a character without her hang-ups and inhibitions, a character who was confident in her sexuality, and primal in her hungers.

It stayed a private plaything for several months. Just the two of them, in the safe cocoon of the bedroom, conjuring fantasy partners when necessary, but never opening their private fantasies to others.

Bringing in a woman was her idea. They started fucking even before she was through telling him she wanted to try it. She came hard, imagining her husband watching as she fucked a beautiful stranger’s pussy with her tongue.

He rented the downtown apartment for them within the week. Small and sparsely furnished, the apartment held a rickety kitchen table with two chairs and a yellowed mattress. A torn shade hung askew over the dirty window that overlooked the alley. The water from the kitchen tap ran brown for the first several seconds. A closet door opened from the far wall.  

The woman they chose was a stranger. Her husband brought her to them. He said she was the roommate of an open-minded co-worker. The three of them met for drinks, got to know each other, set down some basic ground rules. Enthusiastic consent. No pictures or video. No extraneous communication. No emotions. No repeat partners.

It was so fucking hot.

Or rather, Kat’s husband told her it was hot. When she awoke, the woman was gone. Kat woke up free of the usual bruises and bites and handprints, though the smell of sex and perfume that came from the sheets was intoxicating, and told as much about their night as her husband’s narrative, when they relived it for themselves.

After that, there was no going back. No way to wrestle that particular cat back into the bag.

You can’t unring a bell.

#

 

The next weekend found them at a favorite restaurant, no alternate intentions in Kat’s mind other than a good meal. Jake pulled the Ambien out of his pocket just after they’d finished the appetizer. Then he pulled out a second one.

“A surprise,” he said. “Take two. Let’s see what happens.”

He flashed her the loving, sexy, predatory smile she could never say no to. She popped both pills in her mouth as he poured her another glass of wine. They touched and teased as Kat’s world tilted and went askew. She remembered a few details: her unshod foot in his crouch, massaging him into hardness; a hurried grope in the bathroom with two men, one who was probably her husband; and then a bonkers cab ride back to a club, where she was sandwiched between two men, eyes closed as hands glided over her body.  She came twice in the cab, before they’d even reached their destination.

That, she’d remembered. 

Kat floated on the cusp of consciousness, trying to keep all the pieces of the puzzle in her head at once. Her husband was nowhere to be seen. She vaguely remembered the two of them arriving together. She wasn’t sure exactly what kind of place this was. A speakeasy, a private club, someone’s personal bar? All she knew was that no outside sign pointed to the place, and no money changed hands.

The club was decorated in shades of red and black. Plush chairs and lounges circled around small tables. Lights were low, and the music was subdued. Kat saw no servers offering drink or food, but she felt eyes on her from all corners of the room, the weight and gravity of the male gaze apparent from the layout. Shadowed figures moved in the periphery of her vision.  

Did her husband go back to the apartment?

She thought maybe he was there, waiting for her. As she tried to recollect his whereabouts, a young man stood behind her, rubbing her shoulders, a loser move that in Kat’s mind was used by impotent middle managers and next door neighbors trying unsuccessfully to get laid. She was uninterested. She knew how the game worked. She held all the cards. So, she ignored his touch and his words, soon he got discouraged and left. Other men took his place. There were always men to take the place of other men.

One of the men soon grew uneasy with the competition and left. 

Two remained.

No. wait. One of them was a woman. She flung a thick head of red hair whenever she laughed. She laughed often.

ChloeSmith
Online Now!
Lush Cams
ChloeSmith

The man’s hands roughly handed her tits and her thigh, too abrupt and domineering to be inviting. She turned her attentions fully to the woman, leaving the man ignored. She no longer understood the words leaving the woman’s mouth, but she felt no need to. She watched the red wet curve of her lips, the caress of her tongue against her teeth. Soon she felt the woman’s hand brushing mischievously against the side of her breast. Her nipples hardened in response, and the woman’s eyes lingered on them, no longer bothering to talk, a flush of red above her collarbone, her face relaxed and open. Her hand slid up a loose fold in Kat’s dress.

Where was she? Who was this woman? The torn shade over the window and yellowing paint made her think she was back in her and Jake’s downtown apartment. 

Teeth bit at Kat’s neck as she began to lose sense of time and space. She no longer sat on a couch but was being pushed back onto a bed, soft and voluminous, large enough to hold several people. The redhead’s lips we on hers, her hands up her dress, threading the needle of her panties to slide into her soaked pussy.

Where was Jake?

The changing flow of time and space did not allow her to pursue the question any further. Kat did not think there was anyone else in the room; it was just her and the redhead. They scissored their legs together, pressing and pushing and sliding, as they kissed and licked, sucked and bit.

The redhead lowered herself to the ground and licked her way up Kat’s thighs. Kat hiked her dress and closed her eyes and surrendered to the sensations quaking through her entire body. No more lips or tongue or tits or ass or pussy: her entire body had fused into one enormous bundle of nerve endings, rocking and shaking with each successive wave.

She came hard and more than once; afterward the redhead crawled back up Kat’s body and lay next to her. Kat tasted her juices smeared across the redhead’s wet mouth and lips. After the kiss, the room faded into the background, and Kat felt only her warm skin against her own.

Morning.  Kat awoke in the downtown apartment. Alone. The scent of an unknown perfume hung in the air like a memory.

Still no Jake. As she tried to piece together the events of the night before she ran hard into the wall surrounding the bottomless hole in her memory. A familiar sensation: the space carved out by the Ambien. Jake had always collected her before, put his jacket around her shoulders, and led her home. She’d never woken up alone after an Ambien playdate.

Across the room, Kat saw the closet door was closed. Jake had used the closet before, to listen to Kat’s trysts, and peep from the crack in the doorframe. He had a folding chair, an ashtray and cigarettes and a lighter, and even a well-used bottle of Jim Beam to sip on. It was small, but it wasn’t uncomfortable in there.

Of course he was in there. He must have fallen asleep. Kay smiled, thinking of his embarrassed reaction, all the complaints about his back after sleeping in a cheap folding chair all night. She’d never hear the end of it.

Maybe she’d give him a backrub after they fucked.

She swung open the door to find him sprawled across the chair, motionless and obviously dead, a pool of his own blood widening on the scuffed floorboards below, the single, perfectly round bullet-hole through his forehead like the period at the end of a sentence.

#

 

The police were a joke.

Kat called them because she had to call them. Her husband was dead. His body lay in the apartment they rented together. She had no choice.

She gave them a mostly accurate version of events. She tried to leave out the more salacious details, but what was she going to tell them? The truth was soaked in sex and amnesia. She told them about the Ambien, about the apartment, about the marital games and anonymous partners. As she talked, she watched their faces. They made up their minds within minutes, and then hardened. She was a whore. She let strange men fuck her while her husband watched. Freaks. No wonder he was dead. If she wasn’t guilty of killing him, she was guilty of something. It didn’t really matter what.

The ER arrived as the cops drilled her. They brought in the gurney, and tried to find enough room in the closet to get his body positioned onto it, but one of the EMTs knocked over the stool with the ashtray and the matches with a loud report of shattering glass. Both EMTs giggled. After that, they gave up trying to be respectful, and dragged his body unceremoniously by his feet before strapping his lifeless body to the bad.

The police wouldn’t let her supervise, or even watch. They didn’t trust what she might do.

Ma’am, is what they called her.

Slut, is what their eyes called her.

After they flung their questions at her, she asked if she was free to leave. Clearly, they didn’t want to let her leave. She was a suspect, and maybe their only one. They’d lock her up, as soon as they could find a legal justification. They just couldn’t lock her up yet.

She left them in the apartment, as they powdered fingerprints and measured angles and photographed the blood spray. She stumbled out into the sun-filled boulevards, unmindful of a direction or a destination. She walked the sidewalk as morning fell into afternoon. Los Angeles ignored her. The buildings loomed over downtown like birds of prey. Honking cars and taxis filled the streets, black SUVs with tinted windows slid by as silently as sentries.  The clamor of traffic accidents routinely punctured the noise of the day, impacts and sirens and arguing voices spilling into Kat’s consciousness. Homeless men argued with imaginary companions. Businessmen and women, sunglasses hiding their eyes, muttered intently into their earpieces with the same passion as the homeless men. Hookers leaned into passenger car windows as police watched on, smiling. Drug dealers leered from the shadows of doorways, offering trips to wasted worlds.

Afternoon tumbled into night. Lights burned in the buildings overhead. Streets grew darker. Faces turned inward, hiding from direct sight. Cars and taxis hurried home.

No one cared. Not the people on the street, not the authorities in charge. They’d dragged her husband’s dead body out of the closet by his feet. The stool—she remembered buying it with Jake at lkea months ago—had been thoughtlessly kicked aside, the glass ashtray hitting the floor like a gunshot, spilled broken glass and ashes and burnt matchsticks across the hardwood floor. They wouldn’t clean it up; that they would leave to her. They created the mess, she would be left to deal with the consequences alone.

All she wanted to do was grieve her husband.

Stop. Focus. Something doesn’t fit.

The cigarettes. The matchsticks. A matchbook.

The stool in the closet that the EMTs had toppled over held an ashtray, a pack of smokes, and a matchbook.

Jake always used a lighter.

That wasn’t Jake’s matchbook next to the ashtray. Someone else had been in the room that night.

Kat did not want to return to the downtown apartment, but she needed a direction, and she needed to know where that matchbook had come from.  She stopped walking in aimless circles. It took some time to find a street she recognized, but she did eventually, and it led her to another familiar street name.  Within an hour she walked with purpose, no longer lost. She had found a direction.

#

 

The Pell Mell Club.

 She wasn’t able to get the matchbook. Two policemen had been left behind at the apartment. They wouldn’t let her have access to any potential evidence. She was no longer a victim, or a suspect, or even a person, so much as a glaring tabloid headline, screaming in their heads: Kinky Sex Game Leads to Drugs and Murder. They judged her guilty. Of course they refused to give her the matchbook. But as their eyes took a walk along the lines of her body, their gaze lingering on her tits and ass and lips, it was effortlessly easy for her to look at the matchbook and commit the name and address to memory.

The icy young blonde at the hostess station of the Pell Mell Club met her eyes, and smiled professionally as she talked to her, but otherwise her attitude was no different than that of the police.  She revealed nothing to Kat.

“I’m sorry Ma’am,” she said, lingering just a fraction too long on the word Ma’am. “We are a private club. We do not divulge the identity of our clients.”

Kat said, “There’s been a murder. My husband is dead.”

“And if the police show up then we’ll answer their questions,” the blonde said coolly. “But I can’t go giving personal information to…to any outsider who walks through the door.”

Outsider. Got it. Kat understood instantly she’d get no information. She tried arguing for a few ineffectual minutes, and then begging, but she knew when she was defeated. She walked into the woman’s bathroom to hide her face from the public. She made an immediate beeline toward the open door of a stall and closed her door, cutting herself off from the world.

Kat began to cry.

It was over. She’s lost.  She’d been labeled as loose and immoral by the police, a victim of her own sexual appetite.  She was, in their eyes, guilty. She’d just turn herself in. Let a jury decide what to do with her. She no longer cared.

Fuck it. She dried her tears, left the stall, and walked up to the bathroom mirror to dry her tears. She’d make herself presentable, then let consequences fall where they may.

A figure stepped into the mirrored reflection behind her. Kat met her eyes through the image in the mirror. She was an attractive brunette, short hair, impeccable makeup. She looked trustworthy.

She looked familiar as well.

“Can I help you?” asked Kat, not unkindly.

“I…I overheard your conversation with the hostess.”

“Yes?” What was this woman playing at?

“They won’t tell you anything. They’re awful here. They’re…monsters.”

“Who is ‘they’?”

“The clients. Rich old white men, almost all of them. They’re in charge. They can do whatever they want. Pay off whoever they want. No one can touch them.”

“And why do they come here? What do they do?”

The brunette took a moment before responding, “Whatever they want.”

 Kat tried to keep her voice friendly before asking her next question. “Excuse me, I don’t need to be rude, but do I know you?”

“Do you?” asked the woman, noncommittally.

“I don’t think so.”

“Squint.”

Kat squinted. The woman’s features were reduced to a blur. Her face turned anonymous, her hair an unfocused halo of brown.

Her face. Her hair.

Her brown hair.

Kay mentally replaced the woman’s hair with another color.

Blonde. Black. Red.

Red hair.

This was the redhead, standing directly behind her. She only barely remembered the woman, at the cusp of her memory, standing at the very edge of her ragged memories of that night.

Kat turned to her, looking at her directly for the first time.

“You killed my husband.”

“I did not kill your husband. You have to trust me.”

Kat knew better than to trust her, but she did find herself open to listening. She felt connected to her, by their night together, even though she barely remembered her. “Then who did?”

“I don’t know.”

Kat’s heart sunk. She’d get no help here. She was back where she started.

“I don’t know who did, but….”

“Yes?”

“I know who he left with. I don’t know her name. I can describe her to you.”

“And why are you willing to help me?”

The former redhead looked down at the ground, then to her own reflection in the mirror, and finally to Kat. “You seemed…nice. That’s all. Our time together last night…you were sweet. Not everyone is sweet. Hardly anyone is.”

The words resonated inside Kat’s heart. She barely remembered the details of the night, and wished she could recall more. She wanted to remember what sweet felt like.

The brunette leaned over to her then and kissed her chastely. “You deserve sweet,” she said. Then she said, “Like I said, I don’t know her name. But she wore a black choker.” Her eyes overflowed with tears like a dam breaking, and she rushed out of the bathroom and into the false light of the Los Angeles night.

#

 

Kat sent a text as she studied her face in the bathroom mirror. She took a cab to the suburban home she’d shared with Jake for a decade. She wasn’t sure she’d be able to live there anymore, now that Jake was gone. She wasn’t sure she’d be able to live anywhere comfortably, ever again.

But she needed to go to there, one last time.

Jen waited in the living room, as Kat knew she would be. Kat had texted her an invitation, and she was a close enough friend so that she knew of the extra key, under the welcome mat.

The bottle of Ambien sat at the center of the coffee table. Jen held a gun in her hand.

Kat had expected Jen, but not the gun. She wasn’t much surprised. She was tired; she just wanted all this over with.

“So you were in the room with us. With Jake and I. At the apartment downtown.”

Jen answered with a condescending laugh.

“Were you watching us that night? Were you watching me with him? With…Jake?”

Jen held the gun straight out in front of her. “Don’t delude yourself. You are so stupid. Do you really think it was just the one time?”

Kat tried to put the question in her mind into words, but was left mute by the revelation.

“I was there every time. Your husband and I planned all this together. After you complained about him checking out the ass of some stupid little college girl at the bar, I told you about Ambien. Then I went right to him and told him. We laughed at you while we fucked. Whining because he looked at some girl’s ass? Poor Kat. You know what happened when you took the Ambien? All those stories about hot sex with him? And then all that fucking with strangers?”

Kat managed a “Yes” from her rapidly constricting throat.

“It was bullshit. All bullshit. It doesn’t even sound realistic. A timid little thing like you, scared of her own desires–do you really think a pill could unleash all those fantasies?  A prescription could turn you into a real woman? Be real. Jake turned to me because you were too repressed and frigid to give him what he needed.”

She’d woken up with bruises, though. The bruising was proof Jen was lying, wasn’t it? And Kat remembered details. It couldn’t all be bullshit.

Jen continued. “You know what you’d do? You’d sleep. What the fuck did you think they were going to do?  They’re fucking sleeping pills! You fell asleep! You’d go to sleep on the couch, or the bed, and we’d go off and fuck all night long. We’d talk about what he’d tell you the next day, and we’d fuck even harder talking about it. All the fake hot sex you supposedly had. You’d wake up and we’d feed you lies. The wild sex you supposedly had was sex he and I were really having. You are such a fool.”

“Bullshit. Jake wouldn’t do that.”

“Oh, really? Stop. Smell the air. Do you smell anything familiar? Take your time.”

Kat knew better, but she stopped, and as asked, inhaled. The scent struck a chord, though she could not immediately place it.

“It’s Baccarat Rouge.”

“So?”

“Your husband bought it for me.”

Kat recognized the scent as one she’d inhaled from the bedsheets of the downtown apartment, more than once. Jen had been in their bed. She might have been lying about the other times—Kat remembered enough detail to know she hadn’t simply fallen asleep every time—but enough truth lay in the statement that it twisted in her heart like a knife.   

Jen was right. Kat was a fool.  

Fuck it.

Kat began to walk toward Jen. Jen straightened her arm, stiffly pointing the gun. “Stop. I will shoot.”

Kat said, “Go ahead. I don’t care anymore.” She didn’t. She kept walking.

“You don’t have the guts. You are a timid little mouse, incapable of action.”

Kat kept walking, closing the distance between them.

“You have to take a pill in order to fuck like a real woman.”

Walking, Kat expected to hear the explosion of the barrel of the gun, and feel the bite of the bullet. Fine. She was ready. She closed her eyes.

Nothing.

She opened her eyes to see Jen looking at her with fear in her eyes for the first time. She calmly and slowly reached out and took her gun.  She turned it on Jen.

Jen’s eyes grew wide. “Are you going to kill me now?”

Kat didn’t answer right away. “I should.”

“Then do it.”

Kat said, “I have a better idea.” She pushed a surprised Jen onto the couch with the palm of her hand. She picked up the bottle of Ambien. She popped off the cap and flung it to the floor.  She fished for a pill with her index finger.

She threw it at Jen. It bounced off her chest and onto the floor.

“Swallow it,” said Kat.

“What?”

“Swallow it,” she said again.

“No.”

Kat aimed the gun toward her. “You know I don’t give a fuck anymore. And you’re the reason I don’t give a fuck anymore.” She pointed to the pill with her gun. With shaking hands, Jen picked up the pill and placed it on her tongue. She made angry eye contact with Kat as she swallowed.

Kat threw another pill at her. This one bounced off her forehead, then fell in her lap.

“Ow,” she said.

“Again. Swallow it.”

“No.”

Without missing a beat, Kat fired at the wall behind her.  Jen jumped. “Now,” she said in a low, guttural tone. “Swallow it, you bitch.”

“What are you going to do to me?”

“I’m not going to tell you. You’ll never know. You won’t remember and I am not going to tell you. I am going to leave you the same way you left me.”

Jen picked up the pill from her lap and gulped it down, with less attitude than the last time.

“Good.” Kat took the pill bottle in her fist and flung the contents onto the coffee table. Small white oval pills bounced crazily from the surface of the table, ricocheting off the floor and the furniture, falling like a hard rain.

“Another. Do it. Now.”

Jen’s eyes pleaded with her. “I’ll OD. You know I will. That’s three pills. Three times the recommended dose.”

“Actually, my personal recommended dose is a handful,” said Kat. “One handful and you’re done. I know you can do it.”

Jen began to cry. “If you make me take these I’ll die. You’ll be no better than a murderer.”

“No better than you, then. I can live with that.”

She scooped up a palmful of pills--at least five, probaby more--and, following Kat’s demands, dry swallowed all of them in one difficult gulp. Kat lowered her gun. In a slightly softer voice, she asked, “Why did you kill my husband?”

Jen sighed, and looked at her with something approaching sympathy. “He deserved it. He cheated on you. He cheated on me. He was a pig.”

“Agreed.” Her gun stayed lowered.

“We watched you at the Pell Mell Club. You and that silly redhead. Fucking on the couch like it was a stage. Not just us, a whole crowd. That’s what happens in the Pell Mell club. The girls fuck, the men watch. I told Jake he was crazy to take you there. When we went back to his apartment, you and the redhead were there already. But he didn’t want me anymore. He said he was through with me. And you. He was only interested in the redhead.”

“So?”

“So I shot him.”

Kat’s gun stayed motionless in her hand.

Jen said, “It’s easy to shoot someone, you know. All you have to do is pull the trigger.”

She wanted Kat to pull the trigger and kill her. End it all. It would have been so satisfying. Instead, Kat stood over her and watched until the drugs pulled her down into reluctant sleep. When she began to snore, Kat took out her phone, turned off the recorder, and after a few quick edits, sent the sound file to the police, via the email address given to her by the cops in the downtown apartment.

She called 911 next, and told them someone had OD’ed in her house and a gun had been fired.  She did not leave her name. After she hung up, she wiped Jen’s gun free of her fingerprints and placed the murder weapon in Jen’s purse.  They’d arrive before Jen awoke. They’d pump her stomach of the drugs in plenty of time. She wouldn’t die.    

Kat left the front door unlocked as she stepped out of her house, to make it easier for the police to enter. They’d have ten thousand questions, and she’d answer them in her own time. For now, she just wanted to walk away and let it all burn behind her. Jake, Jen, the redhead, the Pell Mell Club, Los Angeles. Her eyes were open now, and her mind clear. Her mistake had not been in following her desires, but rather blinding herself to them, sealing them off in a place in her mind that could not be visited by memory, no room for regret or joy, a black hole. She needed to see the world with fresh eyes and learn for herself, for perhaps the first time in her life, what she truly desired. Not what others told her to want. What she wanted. 

She left the house and walked out into the grey suburban night. She wondered what secrets were hidden behind those staid walls and well kempt lawns. She’d never live here again, or the apartment downtown either. No need to look back. She’d sell the house and bank the money to live on for the next few years, while she figured things out. She turned down the sidewalk and strode forward toward her future, step by step, smiling, alive at the possibilities.

 

Published 
Written by Ensorceled
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments