Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Not Taken, IV

"New connections may lead to new opportunities"

6
4 Comments 4
2.1k Views 2.1k
1.0k words 1.0k words

Author's Notes

"Thanks to Emma, Miranda, and some other very patient readers. Your comments and suggestions are so inspiring, thank you. <p> [ADVERT] </p>Yes, there will be sex, soon, I promise."

I was just getting back to the condo after work on Friday when I saw my neighbor from the running group, as I now thought of him. I hadn’t thought about his invitation at all during the week, but he held the elevator for me and we talked as we went up. I felt like I had to agree to go, but really, I had nothing else planned, and wasn’t I supposed to be doing things differently?

He looked different to me today, although that might have been my horniness talking. He was wearing no ring and he’d gotten his hair trimmed during the week. A little bit of chest hair was peeking out under his shirt and he moved comfortably. We said we’d meet in the lobby at eight in the morning and go from there. I watched his ass recede down the hall and thought to myself that I needed to get MY ass in gear about a trainer.

I’d been putting off signing the papers to proceed with the divorce but figured I might as well get it off my plate, as I didn’t have anything else going on. I thought about going out, but that seemed like a waste of time, at least for now. I changed, did some mobility exercises, read through the papers as I waited for my food to be delivered. I dragged myself to bed, thoroughly depressed from the divorce papers, and the upcoming expense, even if I still thought she was being reasonable. 

I slept poorly and made it to the lobby a little late. My neighbor was waiting. He was good enough to not comment on how lousy I looked. He lifted his eyebrow as if to ask if I was okay. I nodded and we left. 

It took a few minutes to get to the trail, but the fresh air felt good, and meeting other guys took me out of my funk, at least temporarily. There were six of us. The leader of the group was a guy who seemed to be a little older than me but who moved like a natural athlete. His running tank showed off his arms and shoulders. We started on an easy pace and the conversation flowed as I was introduced to the other runners. My neighbor and I started talking more until we got to the first hill. 

This is where the leader showed himself to be a leader. I was clearly struggling up this (not-so-steep) grade but he slowed the pace, encouraged everyone to hydrate, and made sure I wasn’t left behind. After the crest the leader (Robert) ran with me for a little while, talking about my experience and what I did. It wasn’t until later I realized he’d told me little about him. 

We finished the eight-mile loop and did our cool down at the trailhead. Robert came up to me again and said he hoped he’d see me next week, I nodded, assuring him he would, and thanking him for his pacing. My neighbor (Philip) asked if I wanted to grab something to drink, so we stopped on the way back to the condos. I found out what he did, that he was single but “kind of” seeing someone, and his running. 

EvaSummer
Online Now!
Lush Cams
EvaSummer

As we were talking, I mentioned that I was looking to improve my 10K time but also wanted to get back to the gym and was having a difficult time finding a trainer who understood how these disciplines worked together. Philip’s eyes lit up and he chuckled a little. 

“Robert,” he said, nodding. 

I indicated he should continue.

“That’s what Robert does, or one thing he does,” Philip said. “He qualified for the marathon trials back in the 90s and now he owns [name of local gyms] and coaches guys.

“Let me get in touch with him and see if he’s taking any new clients, then I’ll let you know.”

I agreed, said it sounded good and gave him my number. I think it was my first legitimate smile in days. Philip smiled at me.

“Don’t take this wrong way, but it’s good to see you smile,” he said. “You look like you’re carrying something heavy.”

His words felt genuine and I told him I appreciated them. He waited a beat to see if I was going to continue, then smoothly transitioned back to talking about Robert and other guys in the group. The way he described the men suggested to me he not only enjoyed running with them but that he might know one or two of them better beyond the trail. 

I left that where it was, for the moment. We headed back to the condo and parted when the elevator got to his floor. He told me his condo number and said he’d text Robert. I smiled, reciprocated with mine, and thanked him.

I showered, looked at myself naked in the mirror, and...wasn’t totally displeased. I needed some more definition and to cut down on the GrubHub, but I felt some hope. I went to get dressed and looked into my closet. The reality of the divorce hit me again, as it was half empty. I thought what I needed to do was get out of the condo and to add something to my wardrobe. 

I was sort of aimlessly walking through the stores I usually shopped at, or that my ex shopped at for me and the blandness of it all repeatedly hit me. I put down yet another incredibly boring dress shirt when my phone buzzed. 

It was Philip, saying he’d been in touch with Robert, who wanted to meet me in the morning at one of his gyms. I smiled to myself and told Philip yes. He gave me the address and then said he’d be finishing his session when I arrived, so he’d see me there.

 

 

Published 
Written by Calilusholder
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments