Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Why The Flowers Are Red

"Two gods decided to bless an empty world with their love."

11
13 Comments 13
947 Views 947
101 words 101 words
Competition Entry: Microfiction

Author's Notes

"This story was for a 100 word competition. In fact, it's the first competition I've ever entered! Haha, milestones and all that. Anyways, this was a real challenge. Not since my school days have I had a word count, and trying to tell a cool story seemed almost impossible in the tight parameters! That's kinda why I went with a creation myth approach. Those kinds of stories are always vague in specifics and full of metaphors, which felt like a good way to get a lot of substance in a short space without leaving the reader wondering too much what was going on. Or at least I hope so. I'm not 100% happy with it, but who really is? Anyways, wish me luck, and I hope you enjoy it :)"

It was on the barren plains where they first touched. But touching is only ever the beginning.

The two gods laid upon the ground, letting their bodies merge together in lover’s embrace. Their passion made the world move with every thrust, each cry of ecstasy written into the wind, the world changing around them as surely as their waters flowed into each other.

“Blend your song with mine,” they would say. “Etch our story into the aether.”

It was then that the flowers bloomed, witnesses to a climax that would stretch for eternity. Red, for passion.

Red for their love.

Published 
Written by SimplySeductive22
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments