Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

The Bookworm & The Surfer

"They share a summer romance on the ocean waves."

51
36 Comments 36
13.4k Views 13.4k
8.4k words 8.4k words
Recommended Read

My parents have owned their house on the beach in sunny Southern California since before I was born. My dad, a successful doctor, and my mom, the civil lawyer, had always dreamed of living on the beach. When they bought the house, it was a real fixer-upper. It had been devastated by a storm and abandoned, but Mom saw the beauty and potential in it. My dad thought she was crazy, but he loved her so much, he trusted her instincts. Together, they fixed it up to the dream home it is now. I guess you could say they flipped it before it was in fashion, then chose to stay. I came along a few years into the renovations, two years behind my sister.

Living on the beach is like nothing else in the world. I almost grew up on a surfboard, riding the waves, and learning to love the ocean is in my blood. Like so many young surfers, I wanted to become a professional, but my parents had other plans. When I graduated high school, they gave me a year off to surf the world before I had to attend college. I participated in hundreds of surfing competitions, placed a few times, but never picked up a sponsor.

Oh, I placed in the top ten a few times, but never won. Well, unless you count the number of surfer girls I fucked. So many girls, so many places, so many amazing beaches.

My year of competitive surfing did help me find my career goals. Surfing is a dangerous sport, and witnessing so many injuries helped me decide to pursue a career in sports medicine. Needless to say, my parents were stoked that I chose a career in medicine like my dad. Cassie, my sister, had followed mom’s footsteps and went into law, but was still exploring what area. I still spend my summers at our parents’ house, mostly for the surfing and the surfer girls. Cassie got involved with her friends and decided to visit Europe this summer. She didn’t take the year off like I did, so she was enjoying the summer trips instead.

It all happened so fast, especially since that summer was like any other, at first. Sun, surf, sexy women in tiny bikinis, everything I could ask for in a perfect summer vacation. I’d be up with the sun, hitting the early morning waves with my buddy, Paul, whom I’d been surfing with since childhood. We’d surf so early because the morning break was pristine and the waves have glassy faces. By nine, the wind starts to pick up and the waves start to lose their shape. During the week isn’t too bad, but the weekends are hell, packed with kooks and tourists.

It was during the week that I first saw her, the Bookworm. That’s what I first called her. Only she could sit on this amazing beach and bury her beautiful face in a book rather than enjoy God’s creation of sun, sand, and surf.

~*~*~

My roommate, Kelly, was loading the car. I couldn’t believe she and the others talked me into this trip to California, let alone staying on the beach. Kelly’s best friend Cassie’s parents own a house there, so she knew they would be willing to rent their place out to some college girls for the summer. It was because of Cassie that we got this great deal. Kelly, Sandy, Gina and I were splitting the cost. Of course, I really couldn’t afford to go, but the girls were covering for me. In exchange for my share of rent, I was going to have to cook and clean. I wasn’t thrilled about being their slave, but I didn’t want to be left behind yet again, so I agreed.

It took us all night to make the drive because we didn’t want to fight normal daytime traffic, and by us, I mean me. At least as the driver I had a guaranteed seat with enough legroom to be comfortable. The girls took turns sleeping so I also had radio, and later iPod, control. Thus, I got to enjoy the soundtrack to Grease, including my favorite song, Summer Nights. I even thought about how awesome it would be to meet a cute boy and have a summer romance. At least the freeways were pretty light at this time and I could set the cruise control and just fly. Since I only needed to stop for gas, I used those stops for my own personal needs as well.

The house we rented was beyond even my imagination. It was a beautiful two-story beach house with a nice balcony that looked out on the Pacific Ocean, and had four bedrooms. Since Kelly was the reason we got this place, she got the biggest room, and I got the smallest. I didn’t care so long as I got a bed. However, before I could enjoy some rest, I had to unload the car and fix the girls breakfast. Once everyone was fed I took a nap.

I woke to find Kelly sitting on my bed. “Good morning.”

“Hey. What time is it?”

“About noon. Feel better?”

“Yeah.”

“The girls are getting hungry.”

I sighed, “Right. Duty calls.”

“Hang on,” she said, putting her hands gently on my shoulders. “I’m teasing. They’re on the beach. I wanted to know if you wanted to join me for some fun in the sun.”

“What about my needing to cook and clean?”

“After you fell asleep we talked and realized how mean we were being to you. You drove all night, unloaded the car, and fed us without complaint. We knew how badly you wanted to join us, and how broke you are. So, we want you to join us now.”

“What’s the catch?”

“No catch. Except maybe for you to forgive us.”

“Really?” I was sure there was more to this.

“Really.”

Gina burst in and said, “Hey, you’re awake! Get your suit on and come join us.”

I got up and changed into my bathing suit and, with the girls, headed out to the beach. We set up a nice area with some blankets, towels, and an umbrella. Some handsome surfer boys swept the other girls up, and thus I was left alone. It’s not that I’m ugly, but Gina is a tall, leggy brunette, Sandy is curvy and athletic with short, black hair, and Kelly is a part-time model. I’m a short, curvy blonde who would rather read a book than do Jello shots.

So, I took out my book that was required reading for the summer, and started to read. It made the perfect cover to also watch the surfers, the guys who know what the hell they were doing and make it look easy. There was one in particular who was well worth my time to watch. I’d swear he was more ocean mammal than man, the way he was in the water. The bonus for me, he was more than just cute as can be, he was smoking hot.

~*~*~

The Bookworm came down to the beach with her friends, then was quickly abandoned. I’m not sure exactly why such a pretty girl would want to sit behind a book, but that’s what she was doing. She wasn’t wearing the usual bikini like most girls who come to the beach, but a nice one-piece with sexy cutouts on the sides. Kinda conservative for the Southern California beach scene though. I sat on my board, waiting for the right wave, and watched her. She didn’t look very tall, but she was curvy.

Patience is a virtue in this sport. Finally, the set I was waiting for came. I called out to Paul, “Outside.”

The second wave peaked and I dropped in but it closed out, sending me spiraling under like I was caught in a washing machine. Wiping out is part of the sport, kinda like with chicks, and I chuckled to myself. I gathered myself and paddled out for another. It was a good day for surfing except for the crowds.

Occasionally I’d glance over and see the Bookworm. Sometimes I was sure she was peeking up at me, but I shrugged it off as wishful thinking.

The waves were perfect for me as the sets picked up to be overhead, but too dangerous for the beginner surfers. Most wisely gave up, but Paul and I were in our element. I noticed the Bookworm’s friends had returned with some other wannabe surfers. These guys couldn’t surf to save their lives. I hated how these posers would buy a board and a wetsuit and act like they knew what they were doing, just to pick up the wahines.

Paul and I continued to tear up the waves until the tide started coming in. I realized that we were the only ones out as the surf was cresting at over ten feet, but with the wind picking up, the waves lost shape. It was time to call it a day. A large group greeted us as we pulled our boards out of the surf and several wanted to talk to us about surfing. I tried to find the Bookworm, but she seemed to have left.

A fellow surfer mentioned there was going to be a bonfire party and asked if I was going to go. I know the beach often hosts these to sell cheap burgers and beer to the tourists, but we often have our own more private party. It had been a while since I had hooked up with anyone, and the idea of getting back in the saddle sounded good, so to speak.

~*~*~

My friends returned with the surfers who'd swept them away talking about a bonfire and trying to convince my friends to go. I liked the idea of me not being forced to cook, so we all agreed it was a good idea. I glanced over at the one surfer I had been watching, I wondered if he might be there too.

We made the trek back to the house to grab some food and beer for the bonfire. The beach was beautifully lit by the fire as the sun set into the ocean. As the night sky enveloped us, I decided to sit near the fire. I could hear some guys around me talking.

“The waves were outrageous today,” said one guy.

“A bit rough for me,” said another. “It’s why I came in when I did.”

“When’s the full moon?” asked a third.

“Still a couple of weeks out,” said a fourth. “The surf will be wicked when it’s here. Plus, I hear there is a hurricane off Mexico that might bring in double overhead.”

“No thanks,” said the second guy, “that’s too gnarly for me.”

 Too gnarly? I thought. I looked over the four guys; one was the cute surfer I was watching. They were all rather fit; firm muscles, tight abs, hard legs.

I turned back toward the fire when I heard, “You’re smart. Too many don’t know their limits.”

“Really?” I asked, turning toward the four. “How hard can it really be? I mean, can’t any idiot surf?”

There was a collective gasp. The one surfer who I had been watching all day stepped over to me, knelt down and said, “Darling, we constantly rescue kooks who thought like you. Maybe if you took your nose out of a book once in a while, you might learn a thing or two.”

With that, he walked away.

~*~*~

I needed to cool my jets. That ignorant Bookworm pissed me off. I walked along the surf thinking about what she said. It wasn’t the first time I had heard such talk, and I knew it wouldn’t be the last either. It usually takes years to learn to how to surf, and fitness level alone usually disqualifies most early on. After all, there is a reason you never see a fat surfer.

I had gone about a hundred yards or so when I heard, “Hey, wait!” It was the Bookworm. I didn’t turn, just kept walking.

Soon she was next to me. “Didn’t you hear me?” she asked.

“Yeah,” I said, coldly, “I heard you.”

“I want to apologize for my rude comment earlier.”

I paused. “It’s okay. I’m used to it.”

“I guess I just assumed surfing was easy since most people who do it aren’t very bright.”

I swear this girl doesn’t know when to stop. “Listen here you little Bookworm, just because I don’t bury my nose in a book twenty-four seven, doesn’t mean I’m stupid. I’d be willing to bet money I could teach you a thing or two.”

“Like what?”

“Like how to surf. Mind you, it would be mostly the basics, but I’m sure I could.” I started to walk off, afraid I’d do something I’d really regret.

“Sure, how hard is it?”

Fuck! I hated her arrogant attitude. “Pretty hard, Bookworm. You have to be a strong swimmer to surf. People who surf don’t do it to stay in shape, they get in shape to surf.”

“I can fucking swim!” she snapped. “And I’m in shape.”

I turned toward her. Her blue eyes were burning, her cheeks were flushed, and I could tell I had her attention. I would normally agree with her about her shape. She had curves in all the right places and was exquisite in form. However, the shape I was talking about is what you can’t see; heart, lungs, and core strength. “You think so, huh? Okay, we’ll see just how in-shape you are tomorrow morning at six-thirty.”

With that I stormed off. I was going to teach the Bookworm a thing or two.

“Six-thirty? Why so fucking early?” she shouted.

“Because that’s when the tide is out. Science, my dear, remember?”

~*~*~

What the hell had I done? And why couldn’t I keep my big mouth shut? It seems this is my history, with me opening my big mouth and making an ass of myself. I stood there, watching him walk away. At least the view was nice. He was very handsome, shaggy brown hair that that was clearly sun bleached, muscular frame, and blue eyes. He wasn’t just handsome, he was sexy as fuck. I thought about his words, and how bitchy I must have sounded.

I walked back to the bonfire alone. Kelly walked up and said, “What was that about?”

“I’ve got surfing lessons tomorrow.”

“Really? With who?”

“Shit! I don’t know his name.”

“Only you could hook up with a guy and not know his name.”

Kelly was right, only I could do this. I never saw my surfer the rest of the night. I figured he was avoiding me, and to be honest, I couldn’t blame him. I had been a bitch to him. My vacation wasn’t starting off the way I had hope. My hopes for a summer romance were quickly becoming a lost dream.

~*~*~

That cocky Bookworm had pissed me off and it took me a while to gather myself. I worked my way back to the bonfire, but went out of my way to avoid her. It wasn’t because she wasn’t hot, but how easily she could pull my string. I mean, she’s got all the curves in all the right places and is obviously intelligent, but she’s also as obnoxious as they come as well.

Paul found me and asked, “You okay, bro?”

“I will be.”

“I know that tone; who pissed you off?”

“The Bookworm.”

“Bookworm? Who’s that? Oh… the chick you were staring at when we were supposed to be surfing.”

“Yeah, the smart ass.”

“Hahaha, that little thing?” Paul exclaimed. “Don’t tell me, she talked trash about surfing, didn’t she?”

I sighed. “I know better than to let little shit like that get to me, but it did.”

“Dude, it’s because you like her, that’s why it bugged you.”

“Have you been sucking up too much ocean water again?” I asked.

“I’ll bet you even offered to teach her how to surf?”

Paul knew me better than anyone. I hated and loved that about him. “First thing tomorrow.”

Paul put his hand on my shoulder. “Go easy on her, brother. Her ignorance is probably because she’s never been near the beach before.”

I sighed. “Will you help me?”

“Hell yeah! If only to watch you make a fool of yourself around her.”

I laughed. “I’m not into her.”

“Sure you’re not,” he said, snickering. “Sure you’re not.”

~*~*~

I woke up early and dressed. It was still dark out and I couldn’t remember the last time I was up this damn early. I had a different, less sexy one-piece suit I brought that I figured I wouldn’t flop a tit out of for my surfing lesson. I put on a heavy coat of sunscreen, grabbed my things and headed out. The girls were still sleeping so I left a quick note that I was going surfing and would be back by dinner.

I realized we hadn’t set a meeting place, but it turned out to not be an issue as there was no one on the beach at this ungodly hour except the surfer and his friend. I will admit that seeing the sunrise and watching it creating a sparkle on the water like millions of diamonds was almost worth being up so early. As I approached the two, I saw them kneeling on the beach and doing something to their surfboards.

“You came,” said the surfer I'd pissed off.

“I said I would.”

His friend walked over and said, “I’m Paul, by the way.”

Paul was tall, like the surfer; his hair was darker, but still had that sun-bleached look. His eyes were dark as was his skin. It was clear these two men had year-round tans, but neither struck me as being as stupid as I has suspected. I now truly regretted my words from the night before.

“I’m Lizzy,” I said.

“Perfect name for a Bookworm,” said the surfer, whose name I still didn’t know.

“What is your deal with me?” I snapped. “I fucking apologized last night. I came here today to prove I’m not just a Bookworm as you keep calling me - and just so you know, I have a lot of required reading I must do, so yeah, I read a lot!”

“Don’t mind Chuck,” said Paul, “he’s just a hot-head.”

Chuck shot Paul a dirty look, then said, “I’m glad you wore a different suit. Now, let’s get started.”

Chuck had brought two small boards that were only about three feet long, and one long one. He handed me a short board. “What’s this?” I asked.

“It’s called a boogie board and that is what we’ll start with. Once you master the wave dynamics and timing we’ll move to a surfboard.”

“Are you serious?” I thought this was a condescending cruel joke and he was treating me like a child. “I thought you were going to teach me to surf? Little kids use these!”

“Look here, Bookworm, I’m not putting you on a real board just to see your cute ass drown. You want to learn how to surf, this is how you start.”

I looked over at Paul who wasn’t laughing. “Is this for real?”

“Why you cocky bit-”

“Yes,” interrupted Paul, “it’s for real. Trust me, Chuck is a great teacher and he knows his shit.”

I bit my lip and hung my head. “Sorry. I thought you were just being mean to me.”

Chuck opened his mouth, then paused. He looked at me for a moment, then said, “Let’s get started. If the tide gets too rough we’ll have to come in. Now put this on. It should fit you, it was my mom’s.” He tossed me a wetsuit.

“Do I really need this?” The idea of wearing his mom’s wetsuit was kinda weird to me.

“Yeah, trust me. You’ll thank me later.”

“Okay,” I said.

I started to put in on with the zipper in the front, and saw both Chuck and Paul snicker. I looked at theirs and realized my mistake. I was putting it on backwards. I quickly corrected my mistake, growling inside that neither one was helping me. I smiled proudly when I had it on correctly.

“Let’s go,” said Chuck, I could tell by his tone he was still pissed.

“Fuck!” I screamed as the water hit my feet. “This water is freezing!”

“Dive in and get wet all at once. You’ll adapt quickly,” he said.

I dove in like Chuck said, and thus began my first surfing lesson.

~*~*~

The Bookworm paid attention and did what I told her. Unfortunately, she was… athletically challenged. Yet, for as inexperienced as she was, she never gave up. After a few hours I could tell she was exhausted, so I took us in.

“That was harder than I expected,” she said.

“I tried to warn you.”

“I’m really sorry for what I said earlier.”

I could see in her eyes she was sincere, and I felt bad. I had been extra rough with her and she'd taken it in stride. I knelt down and said, “What do you say we start over. Hi, my name is Chuck.”

I extended my hand to her. She looked down at it and smiled. She took my hand and said, “Lizzy. But you can call me Bookworm.”

I laughed. “It fits you.”

“And I’m Paul,” said Paul, standing by us.

“Hi, Paul,” she said with a smile that lit up her face.

“Hey man,” said Paul, “the surf is calling my name, I’m going to catch a few before it gets to crazy.”

“Okay,” I said. I wanted to join him so bad. The sets were picking up and it was going to be an epic day.

“Don’t you want to join him?” she asked.

“I don’t want to be rude.”

She sighed. “The only rude one was me. You go and surf. I’ll sit here and rest. I might even learn a thing or two.”

I stood up, grabbed my board and hit the water paddling. The waves were peaking perfect and I caught a ride as soon as I made my turn. I could see Lizzy, the Bookworm, watching intently. For as bad of a start as we'd had, she wasn’t as much of a snobby bitch as I'd first thought. Actually, she was rather pretty, and now I wanted to get to know her better.

~*~*~

I watched Chuck and Paul ride the waves, making it look so easy. I knew better. I was still coughing up salt water from my feeble attempt. It could tell Chuck was the better of the two men, and I knew surfing was not a sport for idiots. The beach filled around me, but my focus was on Chuck.

After a bit, the two came in and sat with me. “Woo!” exclaimed Paul. “What a ride! Awesome day, dude!”

“You guys sure make it look easy,” I said.

“That’s because we’ve been surfing since before we could talk,” said Chuck.

“Yeah,” I said. “Look, about my bitchy comment last night about how any idiot could surf, I know how wrong I was.”

“Well, you’re half-right, some idiots can surf. Just look at Paul,” Chuck said, punching Paul in the shoulder.

“Well, fuck you very much,” replied Paul, ruffling his hand through Chuck’s hair.

“I appreciate you saying that,” Chuck said, turning back to me and smiling. “And I’m sorry too for being so rough on you during your lesson.”

“No less than what I deserved.”

“Who’s hungry?” asked Paul, clearly trying to change the subject.

“Lord knows I am,” said Chuck. “Care to join us for a bite?”

EmmaKanturera69TS
Online Now!
Lush Cams
EmmaKanturera69TS

“Me?”

“Yes, you!” exclaimed Chuck. “Do you see another Bookworm?”

“Okay,” I said, “but I need to change.”

“Naw, we’re going to eat at the pier. You’re dressed perfect. Keep the wetsuit on for your next lesson.”

I gathered my things and together the three of us headed off. We dropped our gear at the house where I was staying, and went to the pier. There was just so much activity going on there. It was wall-to-wall bodies. We hit a burger and hot dog stand named Chubby’s. I laughed when I read the sign out front. It said, “No kooks and morons allowed.” We each got dogs, fries, and sodas. I sat between Chuck and Paul, though I really only had eyes for Chuck. I swear I felt electricity when Chuck’s thigh pressed against mine.

~*~*~

I didn’t realize how hungry I was until Paul suggested chow. I was sure the Bookworm would scoff at having dogs and fries for lunch, but she didn’t. I wanted to lose Paul, but since he was being such a great buffer and wingman, I decided to deal.

“Maybe tomorrow we can forego the surfing and come here instead,” I said.

“Sure,” she said staring into my eyes and flashing a pearly white smile. “Sounds great!”

Paul just smiled, then said, “Well shit! I guess I’ll have to miss out.”

“Why?” she asked.

“Tomorrow I’ve got to… uh... help out my sister,” he said.

“You do?” I questioned. I knew Paul was lying. He didn’t have a sister, I did.

“That’s too bad,” she said. “You’ll be missed.”

Shit! Was I losing the Bookworm to my best friend? “You sure, man?” What was I saying?

“Yeah, I’m sure,” said Paul. “Besides, two’s company and three’s a crowd.”

“In that case, Chuck, would you mind showing me the pier alone?” she asked.

“Not in the least,” I said.

~*~*~

After lunch the three of us returned to the beach. I tried the boogie board a few more times, and had a moderate bit of success. Chuck was much more patient with me this time, though I still sucked. By the time I returned home, I was exhausted and spent. I could barely make dinner for the girls who grumbled about my not having fixed them breakfast. I didn’t eat, I just went to bed and passed out.

I woke up early again, but this time, I fixed everyone breakfast. Gina wandered out first and said, “I saw you trying to surf yesterday.”

“And?”

“Which surfer are you into?”

“Chuck,” I said before I realized his name escaped my lips.

“He the dark one?”

“No.”

“Good,” she said.

“Why?”

“I like the dark one you were with, but I didn’t want to cause conflict.”

“His name is Paul.”

“Good to know.”

With that, I fixed the girls breakfast, then dressed and headed to the pier. Chuck was already there. We spent the entire day walking the pier and playing games at the arcade, where he won me a giant stuffed teddy bear. I couldn’t remember when I had a better date. Chuck was so intelligent and funny. I felt special with him. He was definitely not the stupid surfer I'd assumed he was.

~*~*~

It had been years since I spent any serious time here at the pier, and yet I didn’t want to be any place else. I saw how the Bookworm’s eyes would light up when she saw the girls with the huge stuffed animals, especially the teddy bears. So of course, I had to win her one. I picked the one game that a buddy of mine worked who also owed me a favor. He rigged it so I won fairly easily, but not so easily that it raised suspicion.

The day shot by and before long it was sundown. I walked her back to the house she and her friends were renting, and kissed her softly on the lips. For a girl who spends her time in the pages of a book, she could kiss a whole lot better than she could surf. She let my hand roam a bit but pushed my arm away when I tried to cup her ample breast. That taut, fit body of hers drove me nuts. It was all I could do to contain myself after watching that round, firm body bounce around all day.

We planned to meet the next day for another surfing lesson, but the ocean can be like a fickle lover. One day she’s eager and inviting, but the next she can be cold, stormy, and unforgiving. I arrived early that morning and knew there would be no lessons. The surf was rough and a storm was on the horizon.

Paul walked up and said, “So how was the pier?”

“Great.”

“I saw the teddy bear you won her.”

“How?”

“Um, I think her name is Gina. I was with her last night when you brought Lizzy home.”

“Ah. That didn’t take long.”

Paul smiled. “Who am I to argue when an insanely hot babe is chasing me? I mean, what would it say about me if I passed up that fine pussy?”

I laughed. Paul had a way of shoveling the bullshit. “The waves are rough. There’s a storm coming in. The waves are too blown out to surf. We’ll get pounded.”

“Come on. We might be able to catch a few before it’s too dangerous.”

“You go ahead. I’ll sit this one out. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

“I always knew you were a pussy,” said Paul as he ran out with is board and dove in.

Paul duck-dived the first wave, but got caught by the next and pounded. The waves were even rougher than I had first thought. Paul was struggling mightily and I knew he was in trouble. As much as I thought it was unwise, I grabbed my board and jumped in the pounding surf. I couldn’t leave my best bud hanging. Then, after I paddled out past the break, Paul was sitting on his board grinning.

“I told you this was insane to try,” I said.

“Hey, it got you out didn’t it?” he replied.

“And now we need to get back in. This is getting gnarlier by the second.”

“Okay, you lead the way.”

I saw the Bookworm come down, so, being the guy I am, unwisely decided to show off for her rather than surf straight in. The waves were facing up at ten feet, but were closing out quickly.

“I’m taking the outside one!” I shouted, as a rising wave approached.

“You’re nuts!” Paul called back.

I paddled hard to crest the break. I dropped in and made my turn, but the unpredictable storm wave closed out, sending me tumbling under tons of crushing surf.

~*~*~

I saw Paul and Chuck surfing as I headed down to the shore. Paul was sitting on his board, but Chuck was riding a monstrous wave. Then, I saw the wave crash with a loud roar and Chuck disappeared.

“Chuck!” I screamed.

His board appeared in pieces, but there was no sign of Chuck anywhere. Without thought to my own safety, I ran into the water screaming, “Chuck! Chuck!”

I was about knee-high in the water when I felt my legs swept out from underneath me and I fell into the water. I felt my body pulled out into the ocean, then raised up into the air and slammed onto the beach. All the air escaped my lungs and salt water quickly replaced it. I tried to breathe as I was raised up again and slammed into the beach. I’m not exactly sure how many times this cycle repeated itself, I just knew I was going to die as the last thing I remembered was trying to breathe and one last blow onto the hard beach.

~*~*~

I was just coming out of the water, concerned for my broken board, when Paul ran up screaming, “She disappeared!”

“Who?” I asked, still dazed from my wipeout.

“Lizzie! She got caught in a riptide!”

“Fuck! Where did you last see her?”

Paul pointed to an area and we began to scan. Then I saw the flash of her blonde hair. “There she is!”

I didn’t hesitate. I swam into the water until I found her. Her eyes were closed and she was unconscious. I wrapped my arm around her waist and swam in. Paul swam up and together we dragged her limp body to the shore. Her lips were blue and she wasn’t breathing. I rolled her onto her side and hit her on the back between her shoulder blades twice before I heard her cough. Water shot out of her mouth as color returned to her lips. I was furious that she'd dared to venture into this dangerous surf. She had gone too far this time.

“What the fuck were you doing in the water?” I shouted. “Are you fucking stupid?”

She coughed for a while, spitting out salt water before we heard her say something I’ll never forget, “Trying… to… save… you.”

Paul looked up at me and grimaced. We both heard her, but neither could believe it. “Trying to save me?” I asked.

She just nodded her head, coughing and spitting up more water. Paul and I helped her sit up, then Paul said, “I think I see your board man. I’ll try to get it.”

Paul ran off as the Bookworm coughed up more water. “I’m… sorry.”

I put my arms around her. I realized that she must have seen me wipeout and thought I was in trouble, so she risked her own life to save mine. “I’m sorry I yelled at you.”

I felt her begin to cry. “I… thought… you… had… drowned.”

“Ironic,” I said, “since you almost did.”

Paul returned with what was left of my board. We helped the Bookworm back to the house she was staying at and hung out for the rest of the day. It took her a few days after to recover, but from then on she took her surfing lessons very seriously. Though to be honest, I was amazed she was even willing to try.

~*~*~

I had never felt a pain like I did when that salt water entered and later exited my lungs. It was like a volcano pouring hot lava down my throat and in my lungs. I do remember feeling a brief moment of peace just before I blacked out, then the sharp pain as Chuck’s blow hitting my back, allowing me to cough up the water and ultimately breathe again.

I felt like shit when Chuck yelled at me. He was right, I was stupid. His board was destroyed, I had nearly drowned, and my vacation was pretty much ruined. Chuck and Paul helped me back to the house and stayed for the day, making sure I was fine. I coughed up salt water for a couple of days, still feeling like shit. I avoided the beach and hid in the house. I was scared, humiliated, embarrassed. Then Chuck came by and asked me to join him on the beach.

I was shocked Chuck was even willing to resume my lessons. From then on, whatever he said went. His first step was to get me to swim out into the water past where I could stand, and swim back. I won’t lie, it was fucking tough. My memories of what had happened gave me a new and healthy respect for the ocean, but that didn’t calm my nerves. Once, when I started to have a panic attack, Chuck assured me he’d be right by my side the whole time. He was a man of his word.

As my confidence increased, I felt more ready to take it to the next level, both with surfing and with Chuck. In the course of training he had been free to cop a feel now and then, but, unlike before, I wasn’t pushing him away. Sure, this summer romance was going slower compared to my roommates, who had all been laid several times already; I wasn’t going to force the issue.

Our next lesson was to be on the board and learning how to paddle and read the waves. On days I couldn’t surf because the waves were too large, Chuck would ride what he wanted, then come in. I knew he wanted to ride much more, but he was the perfect gentleman despite my insistence he do more surfing. I enjoyed watching him surf, it was pure art.

~*~*~

I will never be able to understand what it was about my Bookworm that got under my skin, but on some level, I’m grateful she did. Getting her back into the water after her nearly drowning was by far the toughest thing I had ever done, but I knew it was necessary. She had to get back into the water, or she would forever be afraid. I had to give her major kudos for doing it; even I was impressed.

For the next week or so we’d work on her surfing lessons, then I’d surf for a bit without her, but I was finding my thoughts drifting more toward her. I decided to do something daring and take her on a date to the pier for a concert and some carnival rides. The concert was for an up-and-coming local band, mostly guys that went to my high school, and we did enjoy their music. I bought lemonade; we bowled some games in the arcade, and generally just walked along, holding hands. Near midnight, I talked her into coming under the pier where I kissed her again. It was then I decided to make my move.

I had hidden a blanket nearby, just in case, as we began to neck. She didn’t resist my tongue’s invasion of her mouth, or my wandering hands onto her firm, plump breasts. I quickly moved us to the blanket, and nature assisted my advances as her own desires seemed as strong as mine. This was more than sex. She felt right my arms, like she belonged.

~*~*~

The date on the pier was amazing. The music, the lemonade, the bowling, everything. Then we walked down to the beach, under the pier, and begin to make out. When Chuck lowered me to the blanket, I knew what he had planned, and I didn’t mind. He caressed my breasts through my t-shirt as he lowered me to the blanket on the ground. I could feel his growing erection pressing into my leg. It wasn’t the first time, as he often had a tent in his shorts when we surfed.

I won’t lie, I had often wondered if there was something wrong with me that Chuck hadn’t found me attractive. He had never made a pass at me since the night he kissed me. Of course, my near-drowning had caused its own problems, though all that was just a distant memory. Now what mattered was this moment under the pier. Above us were the sounds of the pier, behind us, I heard the crashing of the ocean, and I just wanted Chuck to fuck me silly.

~*~*~

I made short work of her t-shirt to find what I had felt was true, she wasn’t wearing a bra. Her breasts were firm and perfect. A full handful of womanly goodness. I lowered my head to her chest, kissing the exposed flesh along the way, and began sucking her small nipples. It was then I heard her moan. A part of me smiled. I wanted to hear her scream, and I knew it would happen.

~*~*~

His lips latched onto my nipple and I felt my panties dampen even further. He sucked my nipple into his mouth, playing with my erect nipple with his skillful tongue. He even began nibbling on them, using his teeth to scratch the tender flesh. First he would attack the left nipple and suddenly change to the right. He kept this up for a few minutes, swapping nipples. He even would roll the one between his fingers while gently biting on the other. Oh God, I was in heaven.

His teeth were causing my pussy to tingle and scream for attention. I could feel my panties become saturated with dew. While not really uncomfortable, I wanted him to slide his hand down my abdomen, reach into my pants and slip under the band of my white lace panties. I needed his fingers spreading my lips apart and stroking my clit.

To give him a hint, I reached down and stroked his cock through his shorts. Holy hell, he was huge! He must have been at least eight inches, if not bigger, nevermind I couldn’t wrap my fingers completely around it! I knew he would fill my pussy and stretch me out, and I just didn’t care. I pushed his shorts off as he pulled mine down, panties and all. There was no more hesitation on either of our parts. Foreplay was out. We were just going to fuck.

He was on me and in me in one fast swoop. Rapidly spreading my legs with his, he lined the helmet of that meaty cock up and slammed it into me. That thick cock filled me, stretched me, and I moaned quite loudly. After only a few thrusts, I could feel his balls slapping against my ass.

My pussy was gripping his cock with a passion. Fluids were flying with each stroke in, more flowing with each stroke out. He was driving it deeper with every stroke, filling parts of me that had never been reached by a cock before. It wasn’t long before I felt it slam into my cervix with a thud. Sharp pain radiated through me, but it was a good pain. I wanted more; I wanted it to go on again and again.

It wasn’t long before Chuck was pounding my pussy with a fever, fucking me with a force that only he could demonstrate. I clawed at his back as I moaned. I could feel his cock swelling within me as we kissed. His firm body pressing against me, the smell of the ocean, and the sounds of our fucking.

Then it happened. I felt my body tighten up, my pussy clamped down on Chuck’s cock, and my orgasm raged. I screamed. I’m sure I saw fireworks, but it might have just been me. Never had I cum so hard or felt so amazing.

~*~*~

Her pussy milked my cock as I fucked her. I felt her orgasm rage through her, her body stiffen and shake, and I smiled. I had her. I had made her cum. I began to pound her harder, fucking her with a force and desire to make her beg for more. Problem was, my cock wanted its own release, and like an idiot, I hadn’t brought a condom. So, I pulled out and shot my load on her stomach.

I kissed her lips and said, “Holy fuck! That was amazing.”

“I agree,” she quietly purred.

“Sorry about the mess, hon'.” Her stomach was covered in my cum.

“You didn’t have to, I’m on the pill,” she giggled.

We kissed for several more minutes, then cleaned up and got dressed. For a Bookworm, she was an amazing lover.

~*~*~

I was glad he pulled out, but being on the pill I wasn’t overly worried. On the way home we talked about being clean, and that future encounters would include a condom. Happily, there were a lot more encounters. We surfed during the day and fucked nightly, except the week I was on my period. That’s when I showed Chuck my oral skills. I won’t say I’m amazing, but I do know how to please a man.

~*~*~

Oh my fucking God, can this Bookworm suck cock! I hate it when a girl uses her period for not having sex, but she made up for it with some impressive blowjobs. She sat on her knees with a pillow on the floor and kissed the head of my cock, then slid it into her mouth. The warmth felt good as her tongue wrapped around my member and licked the sides, but it was when my cockhead slid into her throat that I nearly lost my mind. My first deep-throat blowjob!

After a few minutes of her taking it into her throat and back out again, I'd had enough. I grabbed her head and fucked her face. I couldn’t help myself and she seemed to enjoy it - though, to be fair, when I forced it down her throat she did gag a bit at first, but she didn’t ask me to stop. I fucked her face the way I fucked her pussy. When I shot my load, my cock was down her throat and my entire load of cum slid straight into her stomach. It was the greatest blowjob I had ever had.

~*~*~

Do you know the worst part about summer romances? They must come to an end as the weather gets colder. Such was the case for Chuck and me. August came too fast, and soon it was time for us to return to school. Never had I been more depressed. I wanted to stay and surf the oceans with Chuck, but deep down I knew I would only be delaying the inevitable.

Chuck and Paul helped us pack the car between gropes. Chuck and I even snuck off for one last quickie. We shared the usual lies about keeping in touch, still being friends, never forgetting the other, and how maybe one day we could have a second chance. Just like in the song, Summer Nights, my summer dreams were “ripped at the seams".

As I drove away, I saw Chuck waving until he disappeared. Later, I cried in gas station restrooms on the way home. I truly mourned the end of my summer romance.

~*~*~

It had been just over five years since I had seen the Bookworm. I often wondered what she was doing since that fateful summer, but I never did anything to find out. I graduated college and got a job at a local clinic providing physical therapy for wounded war vets as well as athletes. I love my job.

One day, one of my regulars asked me, “Hey, Chuck, do you surf?”

“Every chance I get,” I replied. “Why?”

“I read this article about a girl and her summer of surfing lessons and it made me think of you.”

“Oh? Where is it?”

He pointed to the magazine he had carried in and set on the table. “I was reading it while I waited.”

“Maybe I’ll read it later,” I said glancing at the magazine and resuming my work.

“It’s an interesting story,” he said. “It gave me a whole new respect for surfers.”

“Oh?” I said, helping my patient do his necessary treatments.

“Yeah. OUCH!”

“Sorry, but you know it’s necessary.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“So why do you have a new respect for surfers?”

“Something that gal said in her article about the surfer she met. To be honest, I’d swear it was you.”

I paused. Could it be? I thought.

Once we were done, I grabbed the magazine, The World Traveler, from the counter. I flipped the pages until I saw, “‘The Summer I Learned to Surf’ by The Bookworm.” You could have knocked me over with a feather. But that was nothing until I read this:

“When I was 21, I spent a magical summer on a beach in Southern California where I said the stupidest thing I ever could. I told a group of surfers, ‘Any idiot can surf.’ I went on to regret that statement.

“I wish to go on record saying if that statement were true, I would be an amazing surfer. Gidget sure made it look easy. The truth is: it’s a lot harder than it looks. As it was, I barely learned to stand on a board before my summer vacation was over. What I learned that summer was that surfers are an amazing culture of men and women who work hard to make surfing look easy.

“That summer, I learned to get out of my books and see the world. That summer changed my life forever. I have traveled the world, seen sights that before were only words on a page in a book, and lived a life I had been long denying myself. My only regret was losing touch with that wonderful man who taught me to surf, and told me to get my nose out of my book and live. The man who would call me ‘The Bookworm’ instead of using my real name.”

The article went on to tell about how a summer of surfing lessons forever changed her life, and hinted about future stories involving her trips. At the end, I saw this, “Have a question or a comment? Email the author at... 

I grabbed my phone, and wrote the following message, “Do you still have the teddy bear I won you that first time on the pier?”

I didn’t have to wait long for a response. It was a picture of Lizzy, my Bookworm, wearing a familiar bikini and a huge smile sitting on a surfboard. Best part, she was holding the teddy bear I won her.

Her reply, “I sleep with him every night and dream of you.”

Published 
Written by NymphWriter
Contributing Authors
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments