Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Ella peeked into the bedroom after getting out of the shower that evening to see John was out like a light.  Considering he’d provided his third donation of the day an hour or so before, it was hardly a mystery as to why.  Still riding the euphoria of her most recent orgasm, Ella tapped on her phone before drying her hair.  No messages had arrived during her shower, but she started when the phone rang before she could remove her finger from the screen.

She pulled the towel turban on her head away from her right ear, and then answered, “Hi, Dad.”

“Hey, honey.  I’m not waking you, am I?”

“No, I just got out of the shower.  What’s up?”

“I thought I’d let you know what I found out about the campground.  Unfortunately, there’s not a lot I can do.”

Ella sighed and asked, “Too much red tape?”

“The opposite, really.  Because of the circumstances, everyone involved has been stalling the foreclosure process as much as possible.  They’re running out of red tape to slow things down.  The biggest problem is that the church can’t legally negotiate a payment plan.  Otherwise, they’d be golden.  From what I hear, they’ve raised over half the money.”

“Would have been more if they’d taken ours,” Ella grumbled.

“Close to what they need,” her father acknowledged.  “But that’s neither here, nor there.  As it stands, the property owner, Ms. Welker, is the only one who can legally negotiate a deal.”

“Is there any chance of that?”

“I’m afraid not.  She’s in the Davon Center Hospice, suffering from dementia.  Since she didn’t have any surviving family, she’d made preparations for something like this, but the property tax on the campground was one thing she forgot.”

That was that.  “Well, thanks for trying.”

“Oh, I’m not done yet,” he said, and she knew he was smiling from the tone of his voice.  “I’m calling in a few favors to see if I can have the campground folded into the state forest after a foreclosure.  The property is on the border of the forest anyway, and at least that way it won’t end up on the public auction block.”

“What do you think the chances are?”

“A lot better than average,” he confidently replied.  “Cross your fingers, and keep your hopes up.  Now, I’ll let you go so you can get some rest.”

They said their goodbyes, and Ella saw herself smiling in the mirror.  She knew what kind of connections her father had, and that he never sugar-coated things for her.  If he believed he could do it, then he could.

Just in case, she crossed her fingers for a second before picking up the hair dryer.

****

“Eight o’clock,” John promised, standing next to the car after the last class the following day.

“In the door by eight o’clock,” Ella reiterated.  “I know how you get when you’re playing D&D.  Tell my brother he’s in just as much trouble as you are if you’re not home on time.”

He held up his hand and said, “Promise.  Dale said your mom told him seven, anyway.”

“Okay,” Ella said, and then kissed him.  “I love you.”

“Love you, too.”

Ella shook her head and rolled her eyes as John hurried to her brother’s car.  She’d never understand the game, but she knew how much he loved it, so she didn’t argue about him playing.

In moderation, anyway.

She climbed into her car and tried to think of something to do for an hour or so.  She knew her sister, and the looks Terra had been giving Nathan before they left strongly hinted that she would hear things she didn’t want to if she went straight home.  Nothing was really coming to her, though.  She was on the verge of going to watch her brother’s game when she reached the city limits and a sign caught her eye.

Ella pursed her lips in thought as she neared the turn to the hospice.  The thought of the woman being there with no family to come visit tugged at her heartstrings.  She had no idea if anyone would let her in, but she made the turn anyway.

“Can I help you?” the woman at the reception desk in the lobby asked as Ella approached.

“I was wondering if I could see Ms. Welker.”

“Are you family?”

“No.  I–”

A nurse standing nearby asked, “From the church?”

“Not exactly,” Ella answered.  “That’s how I know her, though.”

“You do know about her condition, don’t you?” the nurse asked.

Ella nodded.  “I just wanted to visit with her for a few minutes.”

The nurse gestured behind her.  “She’s out back enjoying the sunshine.  She’s always much more lucid when she’s outdoors.  I was just about to take her some iced tea, if you’d like to come along?”

“Thank you,” Ella said as she followed.  “My name is Ella.”

“Christine,” the nurse said.  “Penelope doesn’t get many visitors.  Her condition causes her to say things that are difficult for people from the church to handle, and that’s really all she has left.  Her language can be salty, and sometimes she talks about outrageous things.”

“I’m not easily offended.”

Christine smiled.  “That’s good, because she has her days, sometimes.”  She stopped in front of a door and said, “Let me get the tea.  I’ll be right back.”

Ella noticed how quiet the building was and thought of her phone.  She pulled it out of her purse and set it to silent, not wanting one of her ring tones to suddenly intrude on the quiet.  The vibration was strong enough to feel through the strap of her purse anyway.  By the time she put her phone away, the nurse had returned.

“I bring it from home,” Christine explained.  “Penelope knows her tea, and she’s not fond of what we make here.”

“That’s nice of you,” Ella said as they set out through the halls again.

“Anything to make the residents more comfortable.  Oh, don’t be surprised if she calls me Wendy.  I can only assume it’s a nurse from her past that I resemble.  She may call you by someone else’s name, too.  I usually play along and don’t say anything too specific.  Oh, and call her Penelope.  Calling her Ms. Welker usually results in a bad spell.”

“I understand.”

Christine led them out the back door of the facility and pointed.  “There she is.”

Penelope sat on a park bench, looking out over the manicured lawn toward some trees beyond.  Her hair was completely white, and her wrinkles gave her a distinguished, wise appearance.  She was smiling and toying with a walking cane leaned against the bench at her side.  Another nurse sat on a nearby bench, keeping an eye on her.

“Let me go first.  Stay a few feet behind the bench, and I’ll introduce you.”

“Okay,” Ella agreed, and then followed the nurse across the lawn.

“Here’s your tea, Penelope,” Christine said when she stepped in front of the bench.

“Oh, bless you, dear,” the old woman said as she took the glass in a reasonably steady hand.  She brought it to her lips, sipped, and then let out a satisfied sigh.  “Thank heavens you know how to brew tea.  Everyone else must make it with toilet water.”

Christine laughed and said, “You’re welcome.  There’s someone here who would like to visit with you, if that’s all right?”

“Oh, who is it?”

Christine waved for Ella to approach.  “Her name is Ella, and she knows you through the church.”

“Ella...  Ella...  That doesn’t sound familiar,” Penelope mused.

“That’s okay, Penelope.  I’m sure it will come to you.  Here she is.”

“Hello, Penelope,” Ella said, and offered a wave.

The old woman’s eyes widened, and she gasped.  The glass fell from her nerveless fingers, spilling tea all over her lap and the bench.  She put her other hand over her heart and reached out with the hand that had held the glass.

“Xantwilla.  Oh, it’s been so long,” Penelope said.

Ella’s heart nearly stopped upon hearing the xan that preceded her real name, and that of every other female member of the family.

The wizened woman continued, “You’ve come back.  I’ve missed you so much.  Where have you...”  She trailed off, and then suddenly shrank back against the bench.  “No.  It can’t be.  You’re gone.  The fire.  Your hair.  Your hair isn’t green.  It’s not you.  Oh, it’s not you...”

Ella was both stunned and heartbroken.  She had no idea what to say as the old woman’s chin dropped to her chest and she began to weep.  She jumped when Christine laid a hand on her shoulder.

“I’m sorry,” Ella said, still at a loss.

“It’s okay.  You just triggered some memory or fantasy of hers,” Christine whispered.  “You should probably go, but you didn’t do anything wrong.  Don’t worry.  She’ll be fine in a few minutes.”

“I...  I’m sorry,” Ella said again.

Christine clasped her hand for a second and said, “Don’t be.”  She then sat down on the bench and reached for the old woman’s hand.

Ella turned to walk across the lawn shaking and ashamed.  As she neared the door, the memory of Penelope mentioning green hair hit her hard.  There was no missing the significance of that and the name the woman had called her.  Some time in the past, Penelope had known a dryad.

There was only one person who could possibly tell her what that meant.

****

Xantina stood waiting at the edge of her pool when Ella arrived.  The dryad held out her hands.  “Come, Xanella.  I know what you seek.”

“So, she did know a dryad?” Ella asked as she pulled her purse off her shoulder to undress.

“Yes,” Xantina answered, and Ella saw a rare hint of longing in the nymph’s sparkling eyes.  “Come.  I will show you.”

Though not as deeply aware of her great-grandmother’s thoughts as the dryad was of hers, she could sense that Xantina didn’t want to wait for her to undress.  So, she pulled her purse back onto her shoulder and went to take the dryad’s golden hands.

“Close your eyes,” Xantina said.

Ella did so, knowing that it meant her great-grandmother was going to magically take them elsewhere.  Like almost every other member of the family, she’d peeked once when traveling this way, and regretted it.  The whirl of green and brown along with the sudden change of location had left her nauseous and dizzy.

A sensation of floating and dew settling on her skin marked Xantina’s magic taking hold.  In the space of a heartbeat, they were somewhere else.

“We are here,” Xantina said.

Ella could feel the familiar touch of magic that permeated the woods near her home, but it was subtly different.  She opened her eyes to see cabins nestled amidst trees in the distance.  She stood just within a much denser forest.  “Is that the campground?” she asked.

Xantina nodded.  “Here is my sister Xantwilla’s place.”

Ella followed the dryad’s gaze and saw the stump of a tree.  From the size of the stump, she knew the tree had been massive.  Two people couldn’t have wrapped their arms around it.  It was hollow on the inside and blackened, as if touched by fire.

“She has returned to the earth,” Xantina explained.

“I’m sorry.”

The dryad shook her head and smiled.  “It is no thing of sadness.  She gave all of her great magic, and all of her life to protect this place.  She did so with joy, knowing what would continue after her.”

“The forest?” Ella guessed.

“And all who call this their place.”

Ella asked, “Was it the fire?  I read about how there was a fire here set by someone.  Is that what happened to her?”

“Yes.  The fire fed upon the dry summer grasses, and flew before the wind.  It came, but my sister would not let it touch her place.  She knew it would mean her passing to take the fire’s hunger, but those she protected would remain to sing of her life in this place.”

That was when Ella heard it.

In truth, she felt more than heard the song that flittered upon the wind.  It was like the tinkling of tiny bells, and the sound gave her chills.  She turned, and the music grew louder.  Though there was no sign of the source, she knew it was somewhere ahead.  She took a step toward the music, but then looked to her great-grandmother before going any further.

Xantina nodded and gestured as if she was pushing Ella toward the sound.

Slowly – tentatively – she walked toward where she could feel the music.  She parted the dangling branches of the weeping willow in front of her, and stepped beneath.  Somewhere in the back of her head, she knew the tree was out of place in the mixed forest of pine, maple, and oaks, but it seemed unimportant as the tinkling music grew louder.  Ella walked around the tree, and then froze in place to stare in astounded wonder.

Even a girl raised in a family descended from a dryad could be surprised by a ring of orange mushrooms and three fairies.

“This is the reason my sister gave all of herself,” Xantina explained.  “There are so few fairy rings left in this world, and they are precious.”

Giggles joined the otherworldly music, and the fairies darted toward Ella.  Her great-grandmother stepped in next to her and held up a hand.  Two of the fairies alighted on her palm.  Ella imitated the dryad’s action, and the third fairy chose her as its perch.

She could barely feel the weight of the five-inch-high woman on her palm.  The creature was petite, and wore a diaphanous gown that did nothing to hide the perfect body beneath.  The fairy’s translucent wings shimmered with all the colors of the rainbow, and were veined in gold.  Her hair was of the palest blonde, and Ella could see the points of elvish ears peeking through the white-gold locks.  The fairy smiled at her and waved in a very human gesture.

Xantina spoke to the pair of fey creatures standing on her palm in a language Ella didn’t understand, but felt as if she should have.  One of the fairies answered, and her voice was like the barely heard, rapid tweeting of a bird somewhere in the distance.

“They ask that you keep their secret for now – even from your sister,” Xantina said.  “You must say the promise.”

“I promise, I won’t tell anyone,” Ella said, and then gave a brief shrug.  “I can’t promise it won’t drive me crazy, though.”

All three fairies and the dryad giggled.  With that, the tiny creatures took flight and landed within the circle of mushrooms.  The moment their feet touched the carpet of leaves and twigs, the fairies vanished.

“Come,” Xantina said, and took Ella’s hand to lead her back through the dangling branches.

“Why do we have to keep them a secret?” Ella asked while looking back over her shoulder at the fairy ring.

PETRAJONS
Online Now!
Lush Cams
PETRAJONS

“They must speak with their Queen.  You will not have to keep the secret long.”

“It’s a good thing.  I feel like I’m going to burst.”

“Their magic will help.  It is the nature of fairies to hide.  Their memories hide too.  You will remember, but the magic will help you keep your promise.”

The farther they walked from the willow and the circle beneath, the more Ella knew it was true.  Trying to think about the fairies was becoming difficult.  Before it slipped too far away, she asked, “Did Penelope know them too?”

“One visited with her when she was a child, though she would not remember.  My sister was her friend, and remained so until she rejoined the earth.  This was the one sadness Xantwilla felt in her passing.  She knew it would bring sadness to her friend.”

They reached the stump as Xantina finished.  Ella asked, “Is it fairy magic I feel here?”

“It is my sister’s magic.  So strong was her love for her place that part of her is here still.  It is in the leaves, and the rocks, and the soil – everywhere.  That is what Penelope seeks when she goes outside, and she finds it, because my sister’s love follows her, too.”

Ella sighed.  “It broke my heart when she thought I was Xantwilla.”

“It should not be so.  Though she was sad, there was more.  She smiles now.  You gave her a beautiful memory of my sister.”

“Really?”

Xantina nodded and giggled.  “Yes.  And you will give her more.”

“What do you mean, Grandma?”

“You will see.  Close your eyes.”

Ella took her great-grandmother’s hands, and closed her eyes as instructed.  She knew the dryad was up to something, and knew just as well that she would never know what it was until Xantina wanted her to.  The one thing that kept the capricious games from becoming intolerable was that whatever the nymph had in store would undoubtedly be wonderful.  It always was.

When Ella opened her eyes within Xantina’s wood once more, a buzzing sensation at her side perplexed her.  It was only then that she remembered her phone was still silenced.  When she pulled it out, she was shocked to see that hours had passed.

“We touched the fairy world near the circle.  Time is different there,” Xantina answered the unspoken question.  “Your mate seeks you.  Go, and give him beautiful memories too.”

Ella looked at her phone again, and saw a message from John that read, “I’m home on time.  Now, where are you?”

When she looked back up to thank the dryad, she found that her great-grandmother had vanished somewhere.  Despite the nymph’s absence, she said, “Thank you, Grandma.”

A warm surge in the magic surrounding her let her know the message had been heard.

****

Ella was thankful for the fairy magic.  As her great-grandmother had explained, she remembered the encounter, but it only drifted at the edge of her thoughts.  Trying to keep the secret – especially from her twin – or do much of anything would have been impossible if she still felt the giddy wonder that the fairies had inspired.

She still needed to confirm something else the dryad had told her, though.

John was going to game with her brother after class the next day, so she decided to stop at the hospice on the way home from campus.  She asked for Christine when she arrived, and the nurse walked into the lobby a few minutes later.

“Hello, Ella.  What can I do for you?”

“I was wondering how Penelope is doing?”

Christine smiled.  “She’s doing just fine.  She’s surprisingly happy, as a matter of fact.”

“Really?” Ella asked as she broke out into a smile as well.

“Yes.  There’s no need to worry.  Did she know you well?”

“No,” Ella answered.  “I only know her through someone else.”

“Hmm.  That’s surprising.  She usually only has a good spell like this when her closest friends come to visit.”

“Well, I’m glad to hear it,” Ella said, relieved by the confirmation of her great-grandmother’s words.  “I won’t take up any more of your time.”

Christine waved her hand in a dismissive gesture.  “Not at all.  Penelope is one of my favorite residents.  Would you like to peek in on her?”

“I probably shouldn’t,” Ella said.  No matter how the previous visit had turned out, the woman’s initial reaction to her had been heart-wrenching.

“Nonsense.  Come out back while I take out her tea.  I think you’ll see what I mean.”

Made curious by the nurse’s suggestion, Ella asked, “If you think it’s okay?”

“You can stay by the door if you’d like, but come see how she’s doing for your piece of mind.”

Though apprehensive, Ella followed the nurse through the building, and then out the back door.  Penelope was sitting on the same bench, but the difference in her demeanor was visible from the instant Ella saw her.  Her smile was broader – more joyful.  Rather than staring off into the distance, she was enjoying the entire vista of her surroundings.

“There,” Christine said.  “You see?”

Ella nodded, and she could feel the strain in her cheeks from the grin on her face.  “Yes.  Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.  Now, I’d better get this over to her before I jinx it.”

“Wouldn’t want that.”

“No, we would not,” Christine agreed as she carried Penelope her tea.

Ella left the hospice in a buoyant mood and decided it was time to try the recipe for twice-baked potatoes that John’s mother had given her.  She refused to let the flier it was written on bring her down, and took a measure of satisfaction in shredding it once she’d copied it onto an index card.

The compliments from her sister and Nathan kept her riding high, but it was John’s pronouncement that it was just as good as his mother’s that truly sent her flying.  As the hour grew late, Ella turned her thoughts to sharing some of her exuberance in the bedroom.  She picked out an especially short and gauzy nightgown, paired it with panties so thin as to be nearly invisible, and crawled into bed.

When her initial, playful flirtation didn’t turn out as expected, she could see something in John’s eyes and asked, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” he answered, “Just tired, I guess.”

Ella lifted her eyebrows and put a hand on her hip, fixing him with a stare that spoke volumes.  He was wise enough to get the message, and didn’t try to continue the charade.

“It’s just...  It’s my aunt’s birthday.  I’ve been trying not to think about it.  I always call her, and...”  He trailed off and sighed.

“Do you want to?” she asked.

“No,” he quickly answered.  “I’m not a glutton for punishment.  It just doesn’t feel right.”

Ella scooted in close and took his hand.  “It isn’t right, but that’s not your fault.”

“I know.  Sorry I’m letting it get to me.  You look so sexy, and I haven’t said anything.”

“Never mind that,” Ella said.  She snuggled up next to him, rested her head on his shoulder, and caressed his side.  Though her original plan was to relax him, and then try again to coax him into making love to her, it was hardly disappointing to cuddle with him and drift slowly to sleep instead.

****

John was still a little down when the alarm woke them up in the morning, but Ella could tell he was doing his best to move on.  Whenever she smiled, touched him in passing, or held his hand, he always brightened, which made her heart sing.  She considered asking him to skip class so they could spend the day together, but it was nearly the weekend.  There was no sense in potentially missing an important lecture when they would both be free in another eight hours or so.

By the time she was taking notes in her last class of the day, she’d planned what she was going to wear and make for dinner.  She had some notions about what to do with the rest of the night, but she knew to play that by ear.

Her phone rattled against the compact in her purse near the end of the hour, so she checked it, and discovered a message from Nathan.  “What’s up?  John’s not here.”

Ella’s brow furrowed and she tapped in a reply.  “He should be.  Let me text him.”

Nathan’s next message came through before she could hit send on hers, though. “Tried to text.  He’s not answering.”

Ella went from confused to concerned in nothing flat.  She sent the message to Nathan, and then typed one to John.  “Nate says you’re not there.  Text me back.”

She waited a minute, and then sent a follow-up message of, “Hello?”

“Any luck?” Nathan asked.

“Not yet,” she replied.

“Saw him right before class.  He had a phone call, so I went ahead while he answered it.  Then he never came in.”

Everyone got up when the professor called an end for the day.  Ella decided against texting and called instead.  After four rings, his phone went to voicemail.  She immediately called him back.  This time, he picked up just before the voicemail.

“Where are you?  I’m worried sick,” she blurted out as soon as he said hello.

“Sorry.  I took a cab to Mom’s and got my bike.  I had to pull over to answer the phone.”

“Why didn’t you let me and Nathan know?  He’s worried about you too, because you didn’t show up in class.”

“Can you let him know everything’s okay?”

“That would be lying,” Ella responded.  “What’s going on?”

“I just need to figure something out.”

“Where are you?  I know you don’t want to talk about whatever this is on the phone.”

He paused for a moment, and then answered, “Almost to the house.  I pulled over in Geraldine’s parking lot.”

“Okay.  I’ll be home in just a little–”

He cut her off by saying, “Ella, I need some time to think.”

“What do you mean?”

“I just...  I need to be alone for a while.  I’m going to grab some gear and camp out tonight.”

“Where?”

The sound of his voice betrayed how hard it was for him to say, “Ella, please.”

“I just want to be here for you,” she said with her heart sinking.

“I know.  I...  I’ll call you before I go to sleep tonight.  Okay?  I need some time, baby.”

Her eyes welling up with tears, she said, “I love you.  I wish you’d wait for me at home.”

“I love you, too, but I can’t right now.  I’ll call you.”

“You’d better,” she warned.

“I will.  Bye.”

“Bye,” she said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

As soon as she ended the call, she saw another text message from Nathan that read, “Tried to call, but he didn’t pick up.”

She sent a message back saying, “Talked to him.  He’s not hurt or anything.”  A second later, she heard his message tone coming from behind her.

“Everything okay?” Nathan asked as he walked up with Terra.

Ella answered, “No, but...”

“It’s something you can’t talk about right now,” her sister finished for her.

Ella nodded.

“Going home?” Terra asked.

“Yes.  I guess.”

Terra touched her sister’s cheek and said, “We’ll follow you.  You know we’re here if you need us, right?”

“I know.”

As little as she wanted to admit it, she empathized with how John felt.  She didn’t want to talk to anyone either.  Her sister understood that, and led Nathan to their car as soon as Ella acknowledged the offer.  She suspected Terra was just as torn as she was, though.

Hoping that John would reconsider, she got in the car to head home.  It took a tremendous amount of willpower to accelerate at a smooth pace and maintain an even speed – something she usually did without thought.  Every fiber of her being was screaming for her to hurry, in hopes of catching her fiancé before he left the house.

Even though she expected it, not seeing John’s motorcycle parked in the driveway caused her shoulders to slump.  She shut off the car and leaned her head against the steering wheel to wonder where he was.

It was then that she decided there was someone she wanted to talk to.

Terra pulled in next to her, and Ella waited for her sister to get out before saying, “I’m going to see Grandma.”

Her sister nodded and offered a half-smile.  The peaceful aura of the wood had always helped them sort through their emotions.  When that was coupled with the wisdom of their great-grandmother, it was a powerful thing indeed.  It wasn’t what Ella had planned, but it was what her sister expected.

The sights, sounds, and smells were lost on her as she hurried down the trail with dry leaves crunching underfoot.  She brushed aside the low hanging branches and undergrowth with single-minded purpose, pushing on to the clearing in the center of the wood.  Her great-grandparents were waiting for her when she arrived.

“Xanella, now is not the time,” the dryad said.

“A man needs time to sort himself out sometimes,” her great-grandfather added.

Ella felt stifled – claustrophobic.  The moment she pulled her blouse over her head, the feeling ebbed by a small measure.  As she undressed, she said, “I’m worried about him.”

Xantina assured her, “He is safe.  My magic watches him.”

“So, you know where he is?”

The dryad nodded, but said, “I will not take you.”

“Why not?” Ella asked while tossing the shoe she’d just removed into the ferns.

Daniel took his mate’s hand.  “Ella, he needs to find out what’s in his own heart right now.  I know it’s hard to understand, but you’re only going to make that harder.”

“You’re right, I don’t understand,” Ella said with far more irritation than she’d realized was welling up within her.  Embarrassed by the outburst, she looked down to pull off her sock, and then lifted the other foot to remove her shoe.  In her peripheral vision, she saw the nymph kneel down next to the water.  She remained silent and tried to regain some measure of composure until she removed the last of her clothing.

“Come, I will show him to you,” Xantina said.

Ella walked over to the pool, and then knelt down at her great-grandmother’s prompting.  Once she was settled, Xantina touched the surface of the water with one finger.

Ripples radiated out, racing toward the edges of the pool.  When the waves hit the opposite shore, they rebounded.  In their wake, the water took on a silvery appearance, reflecting the sky and canopy above.  The mirrored surface closed in on the ever-shrinking circle of clear water, and then absorbed it.

The reflection wavered as Ella watched.  At first, it blurred.  A few seconds later, the image was little more than blotches of blue and green.  Those random spots of color then coalesced, and she saw John sit down on the edge of a lake.  His expression was haunted, and his eyes distant.

“Grandma, please take me to him,” Ella implored – her heart breaking from the sight of him in pain.

“You are with him, Xanella.  You are always with him.”

“That’s not the same.”

“No, it is more.  Reach out to him.”  When Ella hesitated, Xantina encouraged her, “Go on.”

Not really understanding, Ella held out her hand over the water, as if to touch his right shoulder.  She wanted nothing more at that moment than to truly be there to comfort him.  To her amazement, he twitched in surprise, looked at his right shoulder, and then laid his own hand there for a moment.

“Is it your magic?” Ella asked.

“It is yours,” the dryad answered.  She put her hand over her heart and said, “From here.”

Ella imagined she was sitting in front of him, caressing his cheek, and looking into his eyes.  His expression softened – if not by much – and he sighed.

Xantina caressed Ella’s hair and said, “Stay here this night.  Watch over him.  Hold him in your heart.  He will find his way.”

She could think of nothing else.

****

To be continued...

 

Published 
Written by RejectReality
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments