Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Royal Moon

"Love born under a full moon."

25
21 Comments 21
2.8k Views 2.8k
4.8k words 4.8k words
Competition Entry: Horrorween

Author's Notes

"Apologies to anyone from Ohau, I have used a little bit of artistic licence and stretched the legend of Kaupe a little beyond its bounds."

“I got it!” George shouted through the tiny flat to his new bride, Nina.

In January 1982 the University of Hawai’i signed off a plan to support the continued development of scientific facilities at the site. They wanted someone neutral to observe the setting up of scientific projects and how they interacted with the local environment, including the indigenous people. At the end of the year, the observer would produce a report to give everyone a guide to move forward. As a professor of Natural Sciences at Cambridge, George Glass was the perfect candidate.

“But George, dear, it’s a year away, we’ve just got married. I’ve also got a whole load of jobs I’ve just applied for.”

“Nina, you are the love of my life and if you say no, that is the end of it. However, we never really had a honeymoon, what do you say to a year-long part-time one?”

Nina’s grin told George what she thought of the idea and before they knew it, they were on the Pacific islands. As George did his inspection, they explored all the islands. They got to know the local people, customs and lore. They made love, lots of it and they had plain, animalistic sex, lots of that too. They planned to ‘christen’ each island and they succeeded.

As often happens with newlyweds, especially those indulging in the consummation of their vows, Nina soon fell pregnant. On the morning of 29th December 1982, her waters broke, and the midwife was called. Labour continued through the day and at 01:30 on 30th December she gave birth to a beautiful daughter. After a bit of celebrating and some discussion, they chose to call her Mahina Ali’i, Hawaiian for Royal Moon.

When she was born there was an extremely rare occurrence. It was a lunar eclipse and a blue moon. It also happened the moon was at its closest, this combination created a super blue blood moon. Mahina’s birth time was recorded as the minute between peak totality of the eclipse and the full moon. The combination was not lost on George or Nina and so she was named, in honour of the event and of the people they had fallen in love with.

All too soon, they had to return to their lives in England but vowed to return to the islands, possibly even retire there. Nina would never return, on 28th October 1985, driving home from a visit to her parents with the young Mahina in the car, she was hit by a drunk driver. She died on the way to hospital at 17:43. This was the peak of an eclipse of the October moon, the Hunter’s moon, sometimes called the Blood moon. Mahina did not suffer a single scratch or bruise. This devastated George and he retired from teaching and most public life. With various insurance and compensation pay-outs, he was able to buy a house in a dozen acres of English countryside. He lived here with Mahina continuing his research papers for Cambridge while helping her through her studies.

Mahina grew to be a beautiful young woman, who was bright and well educated, she was dedicated to her father and loved the two dogs they had. They were brother and sister from a bitch who had got free and come back pregnant. The bitch was pedigree German Shepherd, the dog, no one is quite sure. The night she escaped, a wolf from the sanctuary nearby also did and it was his howling that allowed him to be tracked down quickly. He had some unusual markings which also appeared on the puppies. Mahina named them Geri and Freki after Odin’s loyal wolves.

These dogs protected Mahina like she was one of their pack, often sitting in the shadows appearing to be asleep, only to be around her ankles at any sign of a stranger or unwanted person. It was her ankles when they were puppies, now full-grown, they stood at shoulder height to her hip. One time George had tried to tell her off and she had to send them to her room so he could do so. Once her studies were complete and all chores done, you could often catch her walking around the property or through the trees that formed a small wood in one-quarter of the land. Mahina was popular and would often have one or more friends over, they loved her and her dogs and the freedom she had to roam in her father’s land.

Mahina learnt to drive around the property when she was young and regularly drove the perimeter to check the markers, fences, walls, ha-ha, hedges and trees. By the time she was thirteen, George was allowing her to get his car out of put it back into the garage. She passed her driving test after ten lessons and George presented her with her first car at Easter 2001. It was a beaten up, rust-bucket, but she loved it. She taught herself some basic mechanics and bodywork skills and did her little ‘Nellie’, as she called it, up with a little customisation of her own.

Later that same year she was awarded straight A’s for her A-levels and was offered two university places. One was at Cambridge, helped only a little because of her father’s work there, the other was for the small local university. She chose the local one so she could keep an eye on George and look after her dogs. It was during her first term that she met Tom, a fellow student on her Natural Sciences course. He was also planning on focusing on extinct British species and reintroduction. Given her connection with the moon and the rumoured pedigree of her pets, it was no surprise that Mahina was interested in wolves.

After the first term, she managed to secure a place at the sanctuary. The owners were surprised when the wolves took to her so easily, especially being a dog owner. The pack alpha approached her and had a sniff, before walking off, apparently, this was unheard of, he usually kept his distance. They had warned her that her dogs may not be too happy when they smelt the wolves. Nervously she got out of her car that night and her pets charged to her but came to a grinding halt. At this point, she was ready to quit, but they cautiously sniffed her before attacking her with more licking of her hands than normal. It was as if they were puppies again the way they bounded around her that night.

As time went on, she grew closer to Tom and it was appropriate that George met him. When he arrived, George was unsure, he had not been too keen on meeting people since his Nina had been killed. His first questions were of Tom’s parents and uncles and aunts, he had it in his head that they might be related to the killer. He was confident that Mahina’s pets would end the burgeoning relationship, but when they were bought in, they had a sniff and returned to her. They showed no signs of being protective or aggressive, they accepted his presence.

It was on the 12th of February that Tom visited. By then they had kissed and cuddled, had fondled and fumbled, but he had always stopped. That Tuesday night was different. Mahina invited Tom to join her taking her dogs for their walk, he took her hand as was usual, but they were not allowed too close as one then the other of her pets would push between. They found this amusing, but what Mahina found curious was, as soon as the house was out of sight, her pets were happy to trot ahead of them. Once they were deep in the woods Tom stopped and pulled Mahina close to him.

Her dogs were suddenly alert, pacing around them, sniffing at them. Tom brought her close and kissed Mahina gently on the lips. As their tongues started to explore each other’s mouths, Tom’s hands rose up Mahina’s back. Mahina put her arms around his neck and as he moved to the side of her face and then down to her neck, she ran her hands down his arms.

Suddenly there was a noise like a wind through the trees. Tom stopped what he was doing and looked around, spooked. Geri and Freki stopped their pacing and turned to face Tom, baring their teeth, emitting low rumbles rather than growls. Mahina didn’t understand what was happening nor why her pets had suddenly changed towards Tom. Then the wind blew again, Mahina saw the direction it came from by the movement of the trees and bushes. As it howled past Tom, he dropped to the ground, holding the back of his neck.

Mahina stepped forward worried about what had happened to this man who she had almost given her virginity to. Geri turned and blocked her path, Freki gripped her jacket with his teeth and pulled her away. While she was distracted, she didn’t notice the stranger appear, but when she turned back toward Tom, she saw a naked man leaning over him. He looked up at her but in the dark, she did not notice his eyes. He looked back at Tom and told Mahina to run home. When she didn’t move, he looked up at her again and repeated himself louder and more firmly, baring his fangs at her. Mahina made no sound, she just turned and sprinted for the house, escorted as always by her faithful pets. The stranger watched them retreating musing how the three looked like a small pack.

George did his best to calm Mahina and called the police. Mahina started to query what she knew of Tom once the police had arrived and interviewed her. She had made assumptions, such as him driving to the house, but there was no car and she realised she didn’t even know what he drove let alone seen him driving. The police searched the woods; they even brought in a dog unit. Unusually, the dog was useless, it was as if it had never been trained. It just ran around randomly stopping and sniffing like it were out on a walk. A check of the local hospitals bore no fruit.

Things got stranger over the next week when the police did further investigation. People at the university had seen him about, but it seemed his only friend was Mahina. Professors remembered him in lectures, but when they wanted his details, the administration said there was no one registered under his name and all registered students could be accounted for.

Investigations of the electoral roll showed he had not registered. They did a search of the census papers and the only reference they could find in the area was at the turn of the nineteenth century. They cross-referenced this with the university records and found that someone of the same name had attended from 1900 to 1903. There was no record of what happened to him after he left. After a couple of weeks of investigations, the police said they could put no more resources into the case. It was left open, but unsolved.

On 27th February 2002, the first full moon after Tom had disappeared, Mahina was walking Geri and Freki. What was noticeable about this night was the silence. They were close enough to the sanctuary that, on full moons, when the wolves howled, she could hear their cry. When she mentioned this to George, he got up and looked out of the window, a tear fell on his cheek.

“Do you know why wolves howl at the moon?” George asked her.

“No,” she replied

When he turned around, Mahina saw a sadness in George she had never seen before.

“They love her but know it is an impossible love. They can never cross the gulf to be with her,” more tears fell as he told her this.

“Sometimes, it is the turn of the moon to howl. On nights like these, the wolves will stay silent.”

George put his arm around his beloved daughter and walked outside with her, flanked by the ever-faithful Geri and Freki. He stopped and looked up at the moon remaining silent for a time. Mahina did not know what to say, she hugged Geroge so tightly that night.

“Sometimes I feel like the wolf,” he said, stroking her hair. “I look at the moon and see your mother’s face. She smiles at me, but I know I can’t be with her yet.”

The following year passed quickly. George finished his current research and on a rare outing accompanied Mahina to her graduation. He thought he could not be happier, certainly not prouder, until they returned home and as he got out of his car he looked up. He looked at the full moon and saw Nina smiling down on the pair of them. Mahina didn’t understand his tears that night. George slipped into a melancholy mood thereafter.

After her graduation, she was offered a full-time position at the sanctuary, with funding to carry on at the university work toward her Master's degree. The night she told George of this was the first she had seen him smile in three weeks and they went to a local pub to celebrate. George went to bed and never woke up. A post-mortem showed no cause of death.

While they were out and later at home some of the things George had said, let Mahina understand his tears. She knew he had died of the broken heart he had carried since the night he lost his Nina. He had only held on to make sure their little girl was ready to forge her own path.

Mahina arranged for his funeral to be on the next full-moon and with tears streaming down her face, she watched all night with Geri and Freki at her side. When the moon was at its zenith, she smiled. She swore that she saw George and Nina appear from either side of the moon and embrace and kiss, before turning to look down on her.

++++++

It was about two weeks later that she saw him again, he was in a group visiting the sanctuary. Mahina had been working in the enclosure during the morning. She knew there would be more work to do later, so took her lunch with her. It was not unusual for her, but she was the only one that sat in with the wolves to eat. Sometimes she would be alone and on others, one or two of the wolves would sit with her. She always shared her lunch and her hand feeding them had become somewhat of an unofficial attraction. The pack alpha never joined her but was always watching.

LizaMartinelli
Online Now!
Lush Cams
LizaMartinelli

She rushed out of the enclosure and caught up with the visitor group. By this time, he was nowhere to be seen and the guide confirmed she had the correct numbers. Confused, she started to return to her work when she saw him sitting under a tree. As she approached, she noticed his eyes, unlike the only other time she had seen him. The stranger had irises that nearly filled his sockets, showing very little white. The colour was one she had only seen in the wolves and her dogs, a brown so light it was almost yellow. When she stopped a few yards from him, he indicated that she should sit., which after a moment’s hesitation she did. It was then that she noticed most of the pack were visible. Several were around the alpha, several pacing back and forth along the fence.

“I was sorry to hear about your dad. He will be happy now he is back in the arms of his beautiful Nina,” the stranger said.

“What? How do you know about them?”

He chuckled, “At my age, I know far more than you can imagine.”

“What? In your thirties, early forties?”

This caused the stranger to laugh out loud and she noticed his teeth again.

“Please, I’ve been rude, my name is Fenrir. Yes, like the hound that ate Odin.”

Over the next six months, he and Mahina grew closer. He did promise to explain what happened with Tom, but there were certain things she would need to know to understand fully. He told Mahina two impossible stories. The first was of her birthright, the second was of Fenrir and explained what happened to Tom.

Being born under an eclipsed blue moon in Hawai’i drew forth the spirit of Kaupe, a former king of one of the islands who now haunted Oahu in the form of a wolf. He is known to call people to their deaths and can infuse part of himself into children born under a lunar eclipse. When the eclipsed moon is blue, his influence spreads over all places where totality is visible at the same time as Oahu. This infusion was the reason Mahina held such an affinity with canines and they with her.

Fenrir was the alpha of a pack of werewolves. He remembered Tom from when he was at university. It was during this time that he had been accidentally brought into the Fenrir’s pack. A young pup had scratched him, not deeply but the pup had not known to lick it to protect it. The wound got infected and Tom was offered the choice of joining or dying. He chose to join but lived to resent the accident.

Tom had been brought into the pack in 1903, but when he heard of Mahina, he decided to break away with plans to start his own pack. He claimed that due to her birth she was prime to be an alpha bitch. The night she last saw Tom he had planned to turn her, whether she wanted it or not. Fenrir had turned up just in time and managed to stop Tom. They had very strict laws. Tom was returned to the pack, tried and found guilty of trying to turn someone against their will. This was their most sacred law, the sentence for which was evisceration.

“You’re silly, you know that?” Mahina had said when Fenrir finished his tales.

Fenrir nodded sagely and pulled back his lips to show his fangs.

“Yeah, I’ve seen people at uni do all sorts. Piercings, tattoos, even some getting enhancements on their teeth. Sorry.”

“Next week, come to have dinner with us,” Fenrir had said. “Meet the pack, let them convince you.”

“If you insist,” Mahina giggled, imagining a large family dinner.

When she arrived, she was greeted by an older couple, who appeared to be in their seventies or eighties. There were two other adult couples and eight children ranging in age from a babe in arms to what seemed to be a young teen. When they sat for dinner, Fenrir and the older man sat opposite each other with Mahina and the older lady to their right, respectively. The rest were arranged on either side of the table. It was not much different from the meals she had had at friends’ houses. Everyone got involved helping at some point either preparing the meal or clearing up.

It was after dinner that Mahina had her eyes opened. The family went outside to watch the Perseid meteor shower. The adults all had drinks and were sat around chatting and looking at the sky. Mahina didn’t notice the children shed their clothes and race off toward the trees. She did see seven small wolves appear from the woods and was surprised when they trotted up to the talking adults. Fenrir reintroduced the children they had eaten dinner with but could see that Mahina was still not convinced. He looked to the other adults and, apart from the lady nursing the child, the other six stood and started to remove their clothes.

“Erm,” started Mahina

The mother reached out and touched Mahina’s arm, “It’s okay, child.”

The naked adults then ran towards the woods with the pups at their feet. One by one, they dropped to their hands and feet as they ran. Their rear legs warping and transforming to bend the opposite way and their forearms, most noticeably their hands changed to forelegs. Their spines and faces elongated with tails sprouting from above their backsides. Throughout the change, fur was sprouting over their bodies. Fenrir stopped and looked back at her just before disappearing into the woods with the others.

“Oh my goodness!” Mahina was flabbergasted, she had never seen anything like it. “That is one of the most beautiful things.”

The nursing mother was watching Mahina carefully and when they looked at each other she smiled.

“We usual hide just what we are from ‘normals’. To let one watch a transformation like this is unheard of. Fenrir convinced us you would fine.” She smiled again, “I think he was right.”

About half-an-hour later the wolves returned and gathered around the remaining pair. Fenrir was noticeably larger. He stood close to her and licked her hand and rested his head in her lap as the others came forward to greet her in this new way. After much licked and scratching of ears and chins, the wolves ran off, but the humans soon returned.

Mahina grew closer to the pack and they were soon coming to visit her, and she loved how Geri and Freki would run with them. They all played in both wolf and human form. Fenrir explained further how Tom had controlled her pets and how his intervention had broken that control. This explained their change on the night Tom was taken. He also showed her the subtle change in their eyes when they were being controlled so she could be sure no one of his or any pack could do it without her knowing.

As time passed Fenrir and Mahina fell in love and the nursing mother told her how he often howled through the night.

“He’s a werewolf, you’re human, you can’t be together. He’s howling for an impossible love; you are his moon.”

Mahina completed her Master's degree and continued on to do her doctorate. At the start of 2007, she was awarded her degree. At the celebration, Fenrir took her for a walk and told her of issues they were having around their land and she immediately invited them to move in with her.

“What I was going to ask was, if you minded me buying the ten acres abutting your property?”

“Of course I don’t! I’d do anything for you and your family, Fenrir.”

“Except, the one thing I want, can never be.”

She pulled him into a hug as a tear ran down her cheek and repeated “Anything.”

Fenrir looked into her eyes, he could see she meant it.

“Are you absolutely certain? It is for life and I’m already over a hundred and forty and only just middle-aged.”

Mahina swallowed, “For life and beyond.”

“I need to mark you as mine before I announce this. Even though I am their alpha, the instinct is to try and claim any unmarked female. They may flirt and frolic, but they will know we have given ourselves to each other.”

When Mahina nodded, a single claw grew from his thumb, which he pushed into her shoulder. He immediately started licking it.

After this Fenrir started to share the few details he had held back. He had been born in 1858, he was a natural-born werewolf, both his parents had been the pack alphas before him. He had a previous mate, but she had been killed on the night of the blood-blood moon in 1985. She had been crushed by a car that had rolled off the road after being hit by a drunk driver.

Mahina was devastated to know that the accident, that only she and the drunk driver had survived, had caused so much pain to two men who had been a huge part of her life. They held each other as she cried. Fenrir told her how the driver had not been seen after he left prison, he never made it to the half-way house. He refused to confirm or deny any involvement but smiled all the same.

At the next full moon, on March 3rd, 2007, the pack gathered for a meal at Mahina’s. After the meal they all went for a run, the youngest was now old enough to run with them. Mahina smiled as she sat with Geri and Freki watching them disappear into her woods. It was about ten-thirty when Fenrir returned, walking upright out of the woods. He stood over six feet tall and was as broad as any man she had known.

He gathered Mahina into his arms and they kissed passionately, their tongues twisting together. Her pets made no move, unlike before there was no pacing, they sat calmly at her feet. Fenrir slowly removed Mahina’s clothes, button by button, item by item. He bent his head kissing her neck and then her tits. When he got to her nipples, he bit them lightly, but this was enough to draw a trickle of blood, which he lapped up.

He lifted her so she was sitting on the edge of the bench they had been sat at and lay her back. Kissing down past her belly button to her unshaven pussy, he looked up with a smile and remarked that he liked how she let her pubic hair grow free. He used a few tricks that he had learnt with his previous mate. Letting his tongue transform, he lapped at Mahina, before pushing past her labia and into her vagina. Curling and twisting it brought her to her first orgasm by another man.

He stood up and leant over her, pushing his hard cock slowly into her, his claws pulled at her skin as he broke through her hymen. He paused and let her settle around him, when she looked up at him and smiled, he pushed in further. Slowly he carried on until he was all the way in. He started to move in and out and as she cried out in her next orgasm, she did not see the pack gathering at the edge of the woods.

Fenrir pulled out of her and took her to the side of the bench and guided her onto all fours. Her pets lay on either side of her, each giving a single lick on her cheeks, almost as if to say they approved. Fenrir pushed into her from behind again. He was slow and as he reached his depth this time, the moon moved fully into the Earth’s shadow and started its transformation into a blood moon.

Fenrir was relentless, pushing her through a third orgasm, the sweat from his body dripping onto her only to mingle with hers and run off onto the grass. As the moon finished its change, Fenrir threw back his head and howled. Mahina felt his hot seed shoot into her. He then leant forward and whispered into her ear, questioning her one last time. She turned her head and smiled at him. She saw his fangs grow and his face elongate into a snout. His jaws opened and he bit down into her shoulder, holding his grip on her as she cried out. The pain was almost unbearable; so much that she did not see the pack run from the treeline. As she passed out, she had a vague image of the others gathering around and licking at her wound.

She came to the following morning on her bed. Geri and Freki were on either side of her and as she looked, she saw her shoulder had been dressed. Mahina felt strong and refreshed, considering the wound, she was full of energy. She got up and went downstairs with her pets trailing and as she entered the kitchen was surrounded by the rest of the pack in various states of dress, undress and transformation. Each kissed her hand and hugged her, welcoming her.

Fenrir looked at her across the kitchen, they met and embraced, the alpha male and his bitch. Her first transformation was almost accidental and a shock to her system, but she felt so strong and free. As she ran outside, she looked at the setting moon and into the faces of George and Nina who smiled down on their daughter, who howled back at them. Fenrir ran up next to her with Geri and Freki close behind. They ran off into the woods, followed by their pack.

Thank you to the moderators helping me getting this published

And thank you to everyone that reads, comments and/or votes.

All feedback is welcome, either in the comments or via a direct message.

 

Published 
Written by kiteares
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments