Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Breaking up, when do you know it's over?

last reply
52 replies
6.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
When I start having recurring fantasies about him being run over while crossing the street, then I know it's probably over. If the fantasy involves me being the driver of the car running him over, then for sure it's a slam dunk - time to break up.

Or sometimes it's a little more subtle - like I stop enjoying sex and intimacy or find myself feeling indifferent about his presence in my life. If you're just going through the motions, there's no point.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What she (DancingDoll) said. When the enjoyment and intimacy is gone, when the sheer thrill of being together starts feeling like a job - it's over, move on.
Lurker
0 likes
Also if you feel that you give a lot of time and effort into the relationship, going away together, preparing a meal or no matter what you do, and it still doesn't give you any pleasure or joy in any way back, where you might as well be hanging out with your friends and that would be just as enjoyable, then it's time to evaluate.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
it's over when all you have are fights, and you lose the feeling that you have for the person when you first fall in love with him/her
Lurker
0 likes
hmmmm.... There are all kinds of indication's symptoms, actions, or lack there of that let you know its over! When you try everything you know how and things remain the same... you know it's over. When one partner can no longer show affection, when the intamacy is gone, when you can't even talk about what's wrong.... It's over!. When all there is left is anger.... it's over. How long you cope with it and put up with it and hope it will somehow change is up to you! And yes it takes two to make it work and it's never just one persons fault. I have heard it said that for a relationship or marriage, to lwork, it takes a lot of hard work. My feelings' on that are if you have to work hard to make it work then your not doing it right! just my 2 cents.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When you come home from work and the house has been cleaned out of nearly all belongings, the bank account as well, and there is a note to contact her attorney. You are thoroughly convinced when you find out she has been fucking every guy in town and has moved into a place with your (now former) best friend.
You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ArtMan
When you come home from work and the house has been cleaned out of nearly all belongings, the bank account as well, and there is a note to contact her attorney. You are thoroughly convinced when you find out she has been fucking every guy in town and has moved into a place with your (now former) best friend.

WOW!! Man that's one big FUCKING OUCH!!!!
Lurker
0 likes
You know it's over when you can't feel what you originally had.
Lurker
0 likes
When they leave you, without saying goodbye, and wont answer any calls/texts. Thats when you know its over!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
When your having clear the air talks several times a month and no changes are happening.
Chat Moderator
0 likes
Its over when you have that first thought of doubt in your relationship... Most people will ignore it, push it down inside, want to fix what they feel is wrong... Most wait until anger and resentment set in... I have also found through my work that no one wants to be the "bad guy"... People wont end a relationship because they will look like the one who "gave up", "left", "quit" on the relationship... To me, when your no longer happy that they are walking through the door, NEED to kiss them in the morning... its over...
characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
Wild at Heart
0 likes
When she be like, I'm calling the cops motherfucker and you be like, alright fuck, chill.
Matriarch
0 likes
I "so" love sensitive new age guys (SNAGS).
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
When she be like, I'm calling the cops motherfucker and you be like, alright fuck, chill.

Lurker
0 likes
When she got pregnant by someone else and they eloped to Gretna Green to be married I began to suspect all was not as I had thought...

xx Steph

(Incredibly, a true story...)
Lurker
0 likes
When the enjoyment and intimacy is gone like Dancing_Doll said. It's as simple as that. . .I mean, why would anyone try to stay with their partner when they have no intimate feelings them?
Lurker
0 likes
When I don't feel the love and passion and the sex goes from spontaneous to obligatory... it's 'go' time. Me first.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

When she got pregnant by someone else and they eloped to Gretna Green to be married I began to suspect all was not as I had thought...

xx Steph

(Incredibly, a true story...)

That is like a historical romance. Bad.

When the thought of them touching you makes you sigh unhappily.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
When both people stop trying to make it work.
0 likes
for me..it was when he broke his promise to me...

see if the actions do not match the words

they are meaningless

hugs....
Lurker
0 likes
I know it's over when they say 'I need space.' I have yet to talk to anyone after hearing that phrase.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Very simple to figure out, If you think itr's over, it IS.
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)