Login

Holiday music, is it your cup of tea?

last reply
32 replies
2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
I like listening close to the holidays, even though none of it sounds like the music I normally listen to. I don't listen nonstop, but for some portions of time, I like to put some on during the holiday season.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm not a big fan of Christmas music to be quite honest. There are a few radio stations that start playing it right after Halloween where I live and that's way too early in my opinion.

I will listen to Christmas music like a couple weeks before Christmas comes.

However, there are some songs that drive me absolutely nuts like Alvin and the Chipmunks, Frosty the Snowman, Feliz Navidad, and there's this super depressing Christmas song that I hear a lot called "The Christmas Shoes".

My favorite Christmas song is probably "The Little Saint Nick" by The Beach Boys. I also really like "A Very She and Him Christmas".

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, I enjoy Christmas music. I enjoy the whole Christmas Spirit. Music is a huge part of my life, and the Christmas season brings many a musician out of the woodwork.

No bah humbug here.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not much anymore, it is getting too commercialized.
Lurker
0 likes
I hate it..all of it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like it. Helps to create the holiday atmosphere.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love Christmas music. My favorite is the traditional and classical songs but much of the more modern music is good too. I love everything about the holiday season, it brings out the little kid in me.

But as much as I never get tired of hearing "The Nutcracker", it isn't Christmas until I hear "Father Christmas" by the Kinks! HAHA

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love Christmas, but the music that gets played straight after Halloween is so annoying, I'm not a big fan of the Christmas music
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
HATE IT!

WITH A BURNING PASSION!

There's one christmas album I like, but it is orchestral mostly.

Work in a mall for a while and you'll hate it even more.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I am, actually. It's one of my many guilty pleasures. Even the cheesy stuff.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yeah I love listening to it during December
CurlyFries
0 likes
I love listening to Christmas music during December when I'm cleaning, decorating, and baking, all of which I've been doing today, so it's been non-stop Christmas music.

However, I don't listen to it in the car or exercise to it or anything like that.
Lurker
0 likes
I love Holiday (Christmas) music, but not too early in the season. After all its not called Hallothanksmas.
Lurker
0 likes
i love christmas music i could listen to year round
0 likes
I love it but not in October...that just drives me UP the wall!!
Una chica rubia caliente
0 likes
I hope your ex had to listen to it in October, whilst being pooped on by a seagull....or an even bigger bird smile
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I love Christmas music. I like to listen after Thanksgiving though.

I have kids so I like to get them pumped up and into the holiday spirit.

I absolutely love Christmas time.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Everyone has something they love most about Christmas....the tree, the presents..whatever. Every year in August I start up a new 4 month preparation of Christmas music with a chorus I belong to. It is my treat every week to go sing with my friends...like a family. Then come the concerts...a whole week of sing what we have learned in many venues for a few thousand people.....it has become what Christmas is all about for me. So as a singer, yes I love Christmas music.
Lurker
0 likes
Yup ....love it. The only thing I've been listening to since 11-12-13....through Christmas Day.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not until December 23'rd or so. Then it's fine.
There is no 'tude like GeekItude!
Lurker
0 likes
It's either really loved or really hated..making me laugh..too funny..
Lurker
0 likes
yup, old habits are hard to break. I usually start whistling this one around Thanksgiving.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BlondeBookworm
I'm not a big fan of Christmas music to be quite honest. There are a few radio stations that start playing it right after Halloween where I live and that's way too early in my opinion.

I will listen to Christmas music like a couple weeks before Christmas comes.

However, there are some songs that drive me absolutely nuts like Alvin and the Chipmunks, Frosty the Snowman, Feliz Navidad, and there's this super depressing Christmas song that I hear a lot called "The Christmas Shoes".

My favorite Christmas song is probably "The Little Saint Nick" by The Beach Boys. I also really like "A Very She and Him Christmas".

[img][/img]

I agree 100 %...
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I both love it and hate it. The traditional carols can be beautiful and I love all the baroque pieces that get played this time of year. Most of the stuff written in the last century is pretty awful with jangling tunes that turn into earworms and won't go away. I spent a few too many years in retail to ever listen to another rendition of "Jingle bells" voluntarily.
"Things that are acceptable to the masses are generally mediocre" Dita Von Teese

To Read my Famous story "Amys first time" click here
Click here for "Amy's Awakening"
Follow this link for part 3, "Amys Arousal"
Story Verifier
0 likes
Not particularly any more. Christmas is almost exclusively a commercial endeavor now and I don't like it. I grew up with it being about love, family, friends and a couple of neat things I might be given.

Now it's pretty much just about buying the most you can.
I am always a gentleman.
Lurker
0 likes
i could listen to christmas music all year
Lurker
0 likes
Quite simply, no.

I put the decorations and tree up today to a mix of rock albums and thoroughly enjoyed myself.