x

last reply
31 replies
3.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
My brother was hit and killed by a drunk driver leaving behind a wife and daughter.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Snake Charmera
0 likes
I lost too many people. In a short time our family lost six people. None due to Corona but suddenly just the same. My brother-in-law left behind three small children. My best friend and cousin left us a week before her first grandbaby was born. Another extremely close cousin and my s/o's best friend witheredaway within two weeks of finding out he was sick.

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around

Snake Charmera
0 likes
Quote by vanessa26
My cat Alice died and that was the worst part.

It's so hard to lose a fur baby. Sending hugs.

Quote by sprite
My brother was hit and killed by a drunk driver leaving behind a wife and daughter.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending you much love and hugs.

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Losing my oldest friend to Covid.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Beffer
Losing my oldest friend to Covid.

My kids’ pediatrician passed from it too. Knew him for almost thirty years, well before my kids were born. Great, great man. Dearly missed.

Worst thing in 2020... Our Ana dated that fuckstick Ben.

Best thing in 2021... You and I have a shot again because she dumped his overrated ass!!!

DIBS!

The Linebacker
0 likes
I know several.people who died from Covid 19. My grandmother never recovered correctly from anesthesia after heart surgery. Too many locally owned businesses, especially restaurants did not survive the Covid 19 economy.

But l'm optimistic about this year.
0 likes
All of it. Probably the most difficult was filling out death certificates--I'm an L&D nurse, women don't just up and die on us. Early in the year, as I was filling out one of the first ones, a Reuters pool photographer caught a pic of me. My hair was tied up and I was sort of at an angle to the photographer, but what is stunning is what he captured--there were teardrops on the paper. And I don't cry.

I'm up to 203 certificates now, just me. I don't know why I keep track of the number, I just do. We are all human, but at the end of the day, we're just numbers and letters on paper, lives untold.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

OMG sprite I had no idea. My heart leans out to you. That is so tragic. <hugs>

I lost my Dad at the beginning of the year, which sort of colored everything that followed.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
All of it. Probably the most difficult was filling out death certificates--I'm an L&D nurse, women don't just up and die on us. Early in the year, as I was filling out one of the first ones, a Reuters pool photographer caught a pic of me. My hair was tied up and I was sort of at an angle to the photographer, but what is stunning is what he captured--there were teardrops on the paper. And I don't cry.

I'm up to 203 certificates now, just me. I don't know why I keep track of the number, I just do. We are all human, but at the end of the day, we're just numbers and letters on paper, lives untold.

Our prayers and best wishes go out to all of you on the front lines. My God, what a year.

Can we see the picture? You could block out the eyes or something... smile
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

Our prayers and best wishes go out to all of you on the front lines. My God, what a year.

Can we see the picture? You could block out the eyes or something... smile

I would if I could, but we weren't given copies. Reuters pool photographers take pictures all over the world, and Reuters holds the copyrights on all of them. My hair was in a loose chignon and although I'm wearing mask we weren't yet at the eye pro, 24/7 point.

Also, for those bugfuck assholes out there claiming that the pandemic was artificially created, care to help me cast these footprints of this 37 week old baby, who herself would probably been fine, but contracted COVID-19 while rooming with her mum. Five of those now, but we're not accustomed to infant biohazardous protection morgue kits.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I guess we were pretty lucky up here... nothing too terrible happened to us *knock on wood*. Aside from the inconvenience of having to wear a mask when we go out, and not being able to go to restaurants like we used to, nothing much happened to us. Sure the grocery stores were a little sparse, but living in Alaska you get used to the ebb and flow of goods.

My heart does go out to those of you who have lost special people in your lives - I watch the news and consider the numbers of good people we have lost every day. Hera, I especially can relate to your post. Thank you so much for what you do. As a retired firefighter, I too, was on the front lines fighting to save lives. Luckily for me, I was able to retire and get out before this plague hit, but I still have fellow firefighters, guys I worked with, out there in the trenches.

I am hoping, still, that 2021 will turn this around, if just a little. But so far, it's the same old song. And now we have the variants to contend with which is only going to make matters worse. I don't know what the answer is, I just know that this is not a joke, not "fake news", and not something some political party made up to make the other look bad. This shit is for real, and the only REAL defense we have is to wear a mask, stay home, and don't gather in large groups. We do all three, all the time. Yeah, it's a hassle, but it's kept us on the green side of the lawn so far.

Here's hoping that we come up with something that gets us back to some semblance of "normal".
Site administrator
0 likes
Spending a milestone birthday and Christmas Day on my own.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Verbal

OMG sprite I had no idea. My heart leans out to you. That is so tragic. <hugs>

I lost my Dad at the beginning of the year, which sort of colored everything that followed.

This one was kind of private. Thank you. My love to you as well.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
Spending a milestone birthday and Christmas Day on my own.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Unemployed with a “shiny” new healthcare license and suffering in retail purgatory as a result is pretty fucking high up there.

But losing Lou Brock and Bob Gibson kinda sucked ass too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
condolences people.
Lurker
0 likes
Losing my old friend, Mr. Eddie Van Halen. I won a contest in 1992. The prize? Hang out with Eddie in the 5150 studio all day! I also was able to meet Valarie and barely a year old Wolfgang.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Getting hit by two hurricanes in six weeks and my mom died on Mother's day
I am a Mandalorian, guns are my religion.
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
The electoral process. Nothing but negativity on both sides.
Meagan
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Meagananne1986
The electoral process. Nothing but negativity on both sides.

That's every year
I am a Mandalorian, guns are my religion.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
at the very end of the year my life and dreams went down the drain after waiting almost 20 years
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
That spiral of depression that began around the sixth week of quarantine for me didn't help.

But I think the worst thing of the year was learning of high school piano teacher's passing. It wasn't even Covid either. Stupid fucking cancer.

"The Punished Nonpartisan" <- Extreme BDSM and humiliation story. Heavy on plot. Served on a plate of political drama with a side of domestic terror. Currently Free download.

Jocelyn the Wicked <- futanari, fantasy fan fic, and some tentacles that escaped the laboratory