Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Why Does It Take So Long To Publish Stories On This Site?

last reply
48 replies
5.9k views
1 watcher
52 likes
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by Just_A_Guy_You_Know

Going mad with my very moderate amount of power

As a wise man once said: Power tends to corrupt. Moderate power corrupts moderately. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My stories are usually published the same day, but I tend to check stories at least three times before submitting them, as well as using Grammatical and Spellcheck to minimise as many spelling, grammar and punctuation errors as possible. The fewer errors in a story, the quicker it gets approved.
Rookie Scribe
1 like

I actually have the opposite problem. I've had good luck posting chapters of my story on here. The moderators have been really speedy with my work. It never takes them more than a few hours to get back to me about my submissions, even before I signed up for the gold subscription. But I submitted the first chapter of my story to Literotica almost a week ago and still haven't heard from them.

0 likes

I’m in day one of limbo…hope springs eternal 😴

Her Royal Spriteness
5 likes

Quote by Down4anything23

I’m in day one of limbo…hope springs eternal 😴

Sorry. didn't realize Senior Importante had arrived on the scene.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Living bi-cariously through Lush
5 likes

The answer to the original question is that a human has to review your work. Word by word. And they may have to do that with many other stories at more or less the same time. And they may also have families and jobs and other things to do besides validate our smut. So yeah, sometimes takes a while.

An upgraded membership does help. My stories usually get reviewed within a day or two. And sometimes they don't. Which is okay. When that happens, it's reasonable to assume the mods are pretty busy. I know they'll get to it when they can.

Also, FWIW, "Just saying" is the most passive-aggressive phrase in the English language, especially when combined with "Not complaining." Just saying.

My newest story! Midlife Renewal: Tiles and Smiles

I get dicked by a federal agent. My top-ten Noir Competition entry: Dick Job

Card catalog? Hard catalog! My library

puts the ‘ass’ in ‘class’.
6 likes

As a moderator here, I don’t feel I have ‘great power’.

My voluntary job is to read and approve as many stories as I can (while simultaneously running my own business and lecturing at a university) while ensuring they don’t break sensible rules around underage sex, racism, etc. My own tastes and preferences don’t influence my decisions, although if something is shockingly bad it will be returned.

If people don’t read the criteria, don’t proofread their work, don’t use free and easily available grammar checkers, and think that being an ‘amateurish’ writer is equivalent to being an ‘amateur’ writer, they can expect their work to be rejected. These issues are what hold people’s stories up. And if a mod makes minor changes to your story, it’s only to avoid a senseless hold up as you correct what we could quickly correct ourselves.

Also, paying for the site accelerates the publication of your stories, and why would people who pay not expect better service than those who don’t? If you want your story published quickly, pay for it!

The reason we all come to Lush rather than other sites is because the quality of writing is better. If that means the mods have to challenge writers to improve, so be it. But every story can be speeded up if authors don’t expect us to correct their mistakes, and get everything in place before they submit.

There’s nothing that gives us mods more pleasure than seeing a new author have their work published for the first time. We remember when it was our first stories!

It will take even longer to get your stories published if we mods decide not to bother giving our time to help and support you, so cut us some slack!

Thank you to those of you who understand and support us in our role.

‘The pious fable and the dirty story
Share in the total literary glory.’

W.H. Auden

Rookie Scribe
4 likes

I can only imagine how much the mods have to deal with. The number of stories that get published versus all that they still read but need to be sent back... AMazing work... Thank you for your time and your talent

Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
1 like

Quote by MrFluffer

I can only imagine how much the mods have to deal with. The number of stories that get published versus all that they still read but need to be sent back... AMazing work... Thank you for your time and your talent

Thanks for the kind words. We do our best to be as timely as possible. It's always nice when our efforts are appreciated. 😎

Please enjoy my 2nd place Unleashed competition story:

Alisha Unleashed

Latest story:

Boardrooms & Boudoirs - Part 2 -Chapters 5-8

Help this story become famous:

The Office Whore - Part 1

Voyeur @ f/64
1 like

Took five minutes to write a Micro; took five days to pass. Took five days to write a Micro; took five minutes to pass.

Newton's third law has it's place here, too.

Active Ink Slinger
4 likes

Stories seem to pass quickly if they comply with the rules Lush sets forth. Best thing I have found is to use Word Editor for a complete review of the typed story. Once reviewed, I then use the "review" and "read aloud" feature to listen to the story. It is actually quite nice to listen to the female AI read the story. I wish I could save it to become an audio file. I usually pick up a few errors through listening to the story and its an easy way to find last minute corrections.

2 likes

Quote by TheDoc

Stories seem to pass quickly if they comply with the rules Lush sets forth. Best thing I have found is to use Word Editor for a complete review of the typed story. Once reviewed, I then use the "review" and "read aloud" feature to listen to the story. It is actually quite nice to listen to the female AI read the story. I wish I could save it to become an audio file. I usually pick up a few errors through listening to the story and it’s an easy way to find last minute corrections.

Great advice! I always use the read aloud feature as well. I catch many things with my ear that I miss with my eye. In addition to Word editor, I use Quillbot to catch my punctuation errors. I’ve discovered it does a better job than Grammarly for those types of mistakes.

Yes, when stories are proofread and meet the mark, the approval process tends to be quicker. But it can also depend on the availability of story mods on any given day.

Alisha Unleashed

Latest story:

1 like

Quote by kistinspencil

Took five minutes to write a Micro; took five days to pass. Took five days to write a Micro; took five minutes to pass.

Newton's third law has it's place here, too.

Or the availability of story mods on any given day. 🤔 😎

Alisha Unleashed

Latest story:

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I find it slightly amusing that even with all the mods, it can take just as long here as it does on Lit, where it's just Laurel.

Writius Eroticus
10 likes

Quote by M_K_Babalon

I find it slightly amusing that even with all the mods, it can take just as long here as it does on Lit, where it's just Laurel.

Hehe, yeah. That's the trouble with having standards. They take time and effort!

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 102 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 26 Editor's Picks, 70 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 20 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Rookie Scribe
3 likes

My first story was approved in about 4 hours after submission, other than the picture. So I changed that, resubmitted, and it published 10 minutes later. I am a Gold member. But just proof read it using given tools like Grammarly or "read aloud"