Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

SAFE SEX: Protection? [POLL]

last reply
36 replies
4.6k views
1 watcher
3 likes

What Are Your Views On Using Protection?

89 votes remaining
...I always use protection & get tested reguarly (30 votes) 34%
...tested &/or no need, no multiple partners (41 votes) 46%
...virgin (9 votes) 10%
...I have HIV/Aids or an STD so I always use care (0 votes) 0%
...protection/safe sex? What is that? (5 votes) 6%
...I use other methods without bodily contact (1 vote) 1%
...I hate condoms & refuse them/trust the people (8 votes) 9%
...celibate or not sexually active right now (11 votes) 12%
... (OTHER) (8 votes) 9%
0 likes
Sexy talk and fun is fine, and we read and write our stories and our fantasies, but how big of a role does responsibility play in your real life and in actions? Some times people have good intentions and things happen... I knew someone who contracted genital Herpes from their FIRST Lover... much as that one drop of semen is all it takes to swim to that magical spot even without penetration, a female can get pregnant, the same basic principle applies as we know- in other ways.

Would you take a test before you had sex with a new partner & show them the results or allow the doctor to? Would you request your partner do the same before having sexual activity?

Do you use some sort of protection or ask?

I have always been curious in this topic and questions, as I am in general.
I have also had dearly loved friends die of Aids and my best friend from Hep.

I have no STDS but I would never expect someone to take my word, even if they completely believed me. Trust, to me. is not always blind - especially in matters of what could be life or death. For that reason I have been exclusive or celibate at times. Safety First?

There is no need with the partner I am with now, BUT he would not have been opposed, I know.

What about you?

Devil's Advocate
1 like
I'm from the Grim Reaper generation, so safety first. I always used condoms until I was in a monogamous relationship and we both got tested.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Short Arse Brit
1 like
Being Wills age I guess I am too, I have always been cautious and so should everyone else. The pill only protects you from pregnancy not the multitude of STD's that are out there. So yes I agree with Will safety first always.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
My becoming single again was so traumatic that my desperate need for sex seemed to overwhelm my good sense when it came to sexual health. Thank goodness I neither received nor shared around anything dangerous. I was incredibly embarrassed the first time I was tested, but now it is a regular part of my regimen, even if my sex life has not been particularly active. I always carry condoms, I douche regularly, and I avoid men who might be a risk. I am still on the pill, but am at that age where menopause will soon solve that particular problem. I have birth control back-ups too.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
i was a teen in the 90s and had safe sex drilled into my head. honestly, i'm VERY thankful for that. being safe isn't something i take lightly.

Say. Her. Name.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I'm in a small circle of FWB's, and we don't screw outside the group, so we don't use condoms, but we do get tested frequently nonetheless.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by 1LovelyKinkyKitsune
I have no STDS but I would never expect someone to take my word, even if they completely believed me.

This.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Lurker
0 likes
STD Ignorance is real thing, and some STDS are really scary.
Condom is always a must. Well unless it's with a girl I know for a long time.
But even with condom there is like 2% chance so its kinda scary.
And scariest of all, HIV. That shit is just fucked up. Some people don't even know that they have it and spread it to other people, really scary.
So protection is a must.
Ain't no pussy worth enough to screw my life.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Sabroan
STD Ignorance is real thing, and some STDS are really scary.
Condom is always a must. Well unless it's with a girl I know for a long time.
But even with condom there is like 2% chance so its kinda scary.
And scariest of all, HIV. That shit is just fucked up. Some people don't even know that they have it and spread it to other people, really scary.
So protection is a must.
Ain't no pussy worth enough to screw my life.

Read somewhere that HIV can have an incubation period of up to 8 years! .. so yes .. that is scary plus!
Lurker
0 likes
The good thing is it's hard to get infected it when using condoms, afaik only if you have some open wound, skin contact is not enough, kissing is not enough either.
That is why going down on a girl is a privilege, same goes for receiving bj.
Kinda makes you look differently on whole random hookup thing different. Because "I am clean" sounds trustworthy as "you are my second".
No sex before marriage! biggrin
Lurker
0 likes
Well, safe sex with wife? No, thanks. No need to be safe for disease like STD /AIDs I am confident I am safe with my wife. I trust her so much and love her so nothing to worry my wife is good wife and good girl, though I recommend her to use pills for as contraceptives since we are not ready yet for another baby...
Lurker
0 likes
Hi

Thanks for sharing sex toys informations. It's a great informations

Thanks
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Being a member of a select group of FWB we don't use condoms. We rarely engage outside the group but if we do we are confident our partner is clean and disclose our activity to the others.
I have an annual health check and I am tested as part of the check.. I have only one instance of STI. It was many years ago when I was extremely promiscuous. Fortunately it was a mild infection and noticed and treated very quickly.
Madam Carol
0 likes
If you are promiscuous then you're an idiot to not get tested.
Lurker
0 likes
I am still virgin and I think safe sex is for me the answer. Thinking about it, don't know how I could react if she doesn't want to use protection. I know pill works to prevent pregnancy but not something else. In an exclusive relation I would suggest we both get tested becasue in health always trust but verify.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Gael
I am still virgin and I think safe sex is for me the answer. Thinking about it, don't know how I could react if she doesn't want to use protection. I know pill works to prevent pregnancy but not something else. In an exclusive relation I would suggest we both get tested becasue in health always trust but verify.

If that's the case my counter requirement will be: We have to do it everyday if we are both safe and... no protection! I don't like rubbers. silly
I could show you INCREDIBLE things...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by honeydipped
i was a teen in the 90s and had safe sex drilled into my head. honestly, i'm VERY thankful for that. being safe isn't something i take lightly.

I was in my late 30s in the 1990s. For a time, I shared a house with Martin, a best friend, a gay man... He had a photo on the mantlepiece of himself and a group of guys on a yacht... I asked who the other men were... He said, "Oh... They're all gone now..."

I think we all take risks at some point even now... (I've been VERY lucky...)

But we have NO EXCUSE now.

We OWE it to ourselves and others to play it safe.

xx SF
0 likes
I always use safe sex. Condoms are a must...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Always been tested just to have a copy of results....
Lurker
0 likes
I'm allergic to latex so condoms are much more expensive and harder to get than standard ones. I can't get pregnant (hysterectomy due to my cancer) so as this is just about protection, we have no need if we're exclusive, and He insists and hands out condoms that won't make me die of anaphylactic shock to anybody else He loans me out to.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i never used a condom when having sex i like taking chances when i make love to a woman
Madam Carol
0 likes
If you wear a seatbelt driving, then why not use safe sex? Both activities are necessary and both can be deadly.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Although I would prefer not too I do use condoms simply because of one thing, I don't trust anyone when it comes to such things and better safe than sorry.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Guest
STD Ignorance is real thing, and some STD's are really scary. Condom is always a must. Well unless it's with a girl I know for a long time. But even with condom there is like 2% chance so its kinda scary. And scariest of all, HIV. That shit is just fucked up. Some people don't even know that they have it and spread it to other people, really scary.
So protection is a must. Ain't no pussy worth enough to screw my life.

Well, that's typical. Of course, you have to take care of yourself and the best is most trusted condom second to abstinence instead.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You ask:

...tested &/or no need, no multiple partners

How do you know the other person has not had multiple partners?
Lurker
0 likes
I've been with my man for about 3 years now and when we first started dating we got tested. We used condoms and I was on birth control. Over time we stopped using condoms. We both still get tested once a year because I like to be sure- I'm that kind of person.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Both my wife and I had multiple partners before marriage. We were tested. I have been monogamous since and I believe she has as well. I have been tested subsequently as a byproduct of other blood tests - still clean.

If I were to have sex with someone else, we would both be tested and use condoms. I lost several friends in the 80's and 90's. Two others live with HIV.

I was lucky before I became monogamous. Not smart, just lucky. (Not counting HPV - now they have a vaccine)
Lurker
0 likes
I'm still in the "Practicing" part of safe sex. Looking forward to just having safe sex. Then hopefully I can get a degree and move to just "Having Sex".