Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Kindle Books: Am I the only Electronic Hoarder of Books?

last reply
23 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I am interested in how many books you currently have on your kindle. I think I may be a junkie hoarder there . My total current of unread books is at 10,092
Lurker
0 likes
People at work are always downloading collections from somewhere, they give them to me, I'm currently at 7000 on my computer, probably never read even a quarter of them!!
The Engineer
0 likes
I am currently at 5000 and have read about 1000 of them
Find Simar on:
1. Skype: Simar Singh
2. Kik: simar2308
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
my name is honeydipped, and i too suffer from this affliction.

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've had 3 different e-readers and currently using the I-Pad mini with Amazon Prime account. We download new books all the time with Kindle Unlimited. I'm sure its over thousands we've read. Love the e-readers.
Lurker
0 likes
I guess I'm a purist, sure I have Kindle and download some books for convenience. But I truly prefer reading a real hard cover book, flipping the paper pages. The way reading was meant to be.
Convict
0 likes
Quote by LadyAnnWest
I guess I'm a purist, sure I have Kindle and download some books for convenience. But I truly prefer reading a real hard cover book, flipping the paper pages. The way reading was meant to be.

Same here. I have hundreds of real books. I've read all of them and some two or 3 times. I don't think I could get rid of any of them because they feel like friends to me.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by NaughtyNurse3839
My total current of unread books is at 10,092

Why?

Did you pay for all of those?
Story Verifier
0 likes
I have just over 50 books on kindle and have probably read only about a dozen of them. A kindle is very handy when travelling but like others here I prefer the feel of a book in my hand. Bought 'The Girl On A Train' this weekend in hardback - just need time to read it now!
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Why?

Did you pay for all of those?

No, I don't pay for all of them. Most people offer a free five or sometimes longer (I believe) promotion on them when first released in order to build up their reviews. Then the regular price goes into effect, so when I see something I will read in the future, I download it in my cloud to read at a later date. Obviously, I am way behind in my reading as life has be busy lately and I am working on my tangible collection at the moment. My husband detests "clutter" and since moving I only have two book shelves in my office here, so there are a few stacks beside them. I am moving through those first and passing them along to those who will enjoy them. My issue is that I keep adding to that collection as well. They then pass them along to others who will continue the process. I keep several that I will never let go and read again.

Yes, I do purchase multiples on my Kindle as well, but reading is one of life's greatest pleasures for me. I believe we all have our vices as to where we chose to spend some of our " entertainment" funds.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by angieseroticpen
I have just over 50 books on kindle and have probably read only about a dozen of them. A kindle is very handy when travelling but like others here I prefer the feel of a book in my hand. Bought 'The Girl On A Train' this weekend in hardback - just need time to read it now!

I read The Girl on a Train recently, you won't want to be interrupted until you can finish it smile

I love having actual books, but I usually read on my kindle. It's so portable, and I like carrying an entire library around with me.
0 likes
Im a kindle junkie, books are for reading not for cluttering up shelves and dusting
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
My home is coming down with books as is my Kindle!! Reading addict here too!!

And Girl on a Train is on my reading list, so glad to get positive reviews!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by trinket

Same here. I have hundreds of real books. I've read all of them and some two or 3 times. I don't think I could get rid of any of them because they feel like friends to me.

I am slowly transitioning to Kindkedom. I have maybe 20 books there, read maybe ten. But as T says above, I have hundreds of books, because they feel like old friends. And sometimes I want to go back to look at a sentence, or a paragraph, or re read them, or lend them. I keep winnowing them down, and more appear to take their place. The upside is that the ones I keep are the ones I love best, so it's a really good library, for my reading tastes, anyway. I had always expected to pass them to my kids, and I will, but it will be all electronic in a decade or two I'm guessing. Paper book readers will be seen as eccentrics.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Books are my friends. I have hundreds of them, and at least as much as epubs. I've read the paper ones all, more than once and not one of them will ever be thrown away. The digital ones are for a big part copies of my paper ones, the rest is on my reading list, as are several stories, still waiting to be read on several sites. I'm never bored.
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
Convict
0 likes
Even though most reading will be electronic in the not too distant future, I think there will always be people in many generations to come, that want to read a real book. Some will be passed down like any other inherited item, and hopefully loved again. I still have not downloaded any Ebooks. I can't bring myself to do it. When I'm reading my books it's almost like the characters are in the pages themselves.
I have a copy of every book Catherine Cookson ever wrote. Some of the stories were written over 4 novels. Some stories spanned up to 4 generations. Once I've read one of those books it's a part of me and I could never part with it. Okay some of you think I'm a loony now but the rest of you will know exactly what I mean.
Una chica rubia caliente
0 likes
Quote by trinket
Even though most reading will be electronic in the not too distant future, I think there will always be people in many generations to come, that want to read a real book. Some will be passed down like any other inherited item, and hopefully loved again. I still have not downloaded any Ebooks. I can't bring myself to do it. When I'm reading my books it's almost like the characters are in the pages themselves.
I have a copy of every book Catherine Cookson ever wrote. Some of the stories were written over 4 novels. Some stories spanned up to 4 generations. Once I've read one of those books it's a part of me and I could never part with it. Okay some of you think I'm a loony now but the rest of you will know exactly what I mean.

I think Trinket is, like, a total LOONY but she's certainly right about this.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My friend recently got crushed by a pile of books, but he’s only got his shelf to blame.
Brown Sugar
0 likes
Guilty... and I've lost count. I have three e-reading devices, and I refuse to count my hoard at this point. (But my physical library is worse to be honest). I love books... period.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes I am.....I haven't a clue how many.

I have a real book library which I will donate soon to a private library that specializes in Sinology, and related areas. I have read 90% of them in many languages for my research and writing.

I view reading a book as entering a new world with all(!) of me alive. I set an amber to brighter lamp over my right shoulder, sit on a small couch and curl up as if still in my Mama's tummy, and read to my heart's content. No one can replace the "total place" where you are "dwelling" with your book, as if friends speaking to each other. Your book speaks to you and your mind speaks its response to the book. Soon nothing else exists outside Mama's womb.

No technological gadget can replace the total entry into a new world, mentally and physically, that a real book can make possible. They can not replace each other but they can compliment each other and broaden our world, and our minds, hearts, senses----our total humanity and beyond.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It is a real pleasure knowing that people hoard thousands of kindle books. It means that maybe, someone might find mine and add them to their collection? Lol.tZMVXWE6hEAyfayr
WooHoo!!!! 27,000 views! Could I dare to hope for a famous story...

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/milf/the-runner.aspx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by honeydipped
my name is honeydipped, and i too suffer from this affliction.

LOL!!! I love this! Haha

My name is sillyjenny, and I too, among many others, suffer this affliction.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have about 107 books on my kindle. And read about half of the books I have. I keep buying them even though I still have many others I haven't read yet... yeah, it's bad