Is The Vault a crypt?

last reply
9 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I expected a low view count, but not this low.
0 likes
Um, no, not IMHO...it may be that because stories in the Vault are accessible only to members who choose to pay the very reasonable amount to upgrade their membership, that there are fewer stories read once they're in the Vault, but no, it's not a crypt.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Matriarch
0 likes
Thank you Hera.

That's pretty much it. The Vault is closed off to paying members only, so if you are getting low view counts on stories you contribute to the cause, then it's indicative of how many members actually upgrade.

You are free to move your story to the public side of the site, any time you wish, if it's story views you are primarily interested in.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Well, I do want more stories to be read and I don't want to be the only one publishing there. I was pleased to be invited to write for there and I'm happy to contribute, but maybe I won't put many stories there because it feels kind of futile.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Quote by LastWife
Well, I do want more stories to be read and I don't want to be the only one publishing there. I was pleased to be invited to write for there and I'm happy to contribute, but maybe I won't put many stories there because it feels kind of futile.

Hi Marie. I'm going to go out on a limb here. I've noticed that the stories that have accumulated an audience were published for the general Lush audience first and then placed in the vault. You might want to try that. Or, you might want to do some self promoting so that your readers know that's where you are.

It is an honor to be invited. I do understand your concern though
? A True Story ?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by avrgblkgrl

It is an honor to be invited. I do understand your concern though

I'm a bit confused about how the Vault works. When I submit a story I seem to have the option of submitting to the Vault automatically. Is that because I'm a gold member? Because I've been invited? Or is it a universal option?

If the latter, is there a secondary vetting process for allowing a story to become a vault story?

As a gold member who has access to the vault, would I see a new story that someone submits to the vault appear in my front page, or do I have to go specifically to the vault to find it and see if there's anything new there, in the same way that I would visit the front page?

If I have to go out of my way, that is, if a new vault story by someone else is only "findable" by me going to the Vault as a separate destination, I have to admit that I probably won't read very many Vault stories simply because they don't appear on my radar screen.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LastWife
I expected a low view count, but not this low.

The whole site's a crypt at the moment. But don't worry, I'm working on it.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Lusty_Linda

The whole site's a crypt at the moment. But don't worry, I'm working on it.

Thank god, i was getting worried that Nosferatu had finally landed...

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Candyman
0 likes
Quote by sprite
Thank god, i was getting worried that Nosferatu had finally landed...

Did someone call for Knottsferatu?

"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis

The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Just an unasked for suggestion:

Posting an announcement of new 'Vault' reads in 'The Gold Lounge' might attract more readers. IMO, it would be best if this was an automatic process. If that idea leaves Gav drinking even more than usual due to complexity/cost issues, then perhaps a suggestion on the submit page that writers do this themselves would do the trick.

Alternatively, a 'New In The Vault' forum might stir up interest.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I want to read more from LastWife. What is this vault place that you all are speaking of?