Blocking other Members

last reply
30 replies
2.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I have to say something here, because this is getting ridiculous.

I understand the need for a "block" feature. However it seems as if there are a select few that wish to have their cake and eat it too.

If someone wants to block another member, then that should be it. Bilateral communication should cease. But what seems to be happening is that childish members block people, then periodically unblock them in order to send PMs or post in the forums. Then they close up shop again so as to not receive anything in response.

If someone blocks someone else but then continues to sling insults without fear of retribution, then the block should be taken off. You can't have it both ways.

This whole feature has become the refuge of crybabies who rely on others to pass them notes like a child in grade school, then toss out insults at their convenience before re-instituting the block so as to not receive any in return.

People that constantly block and unblock others should have that privilege taken away. If you block someone then you should be blocked from sending them messages a well.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Yeah. I posted this in the wrong thread, but perhaps there could be a time limit between blocking/unblocking the same person. So if you unblock someone to PM them, and then go to immediately block them again, there could be a message that states you can't block that person again for another 24 hours.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dani
Yeah. I posted this in the wrong thread, but perhaps there could be a time limit between blocking/unblocking the same person. So if you unblock someone to PM them, and then go to immediately block them again, there could be a message that states you can't block that person again for another 24 hours.

That seems reasonable.

I would probably suggest that the time limit be a bit longer though. Maybe 48 or 72 hours. I think that would probably dissuade people from taking advantage of the block feature.

Think of it as the obligatory 72 hour psych hold at the hospital. smile
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
I'm all for a feature like that, but I know that some people only use the block feature in the chat rooms, to block a certain person's images that are not their cup of tea. That's a valid use of the feature I think where blocking/unblocking the same person multiple times makes actual sense.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
Quote by Dani

Valid point and one that maybe Gav can look into.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Perhaps a limit to the amount of times you can block/unblock someone in a certain time period as well?
Lurker
0 likes
Either make the block feature more permanent, like a month or more.

And maybe a permanent block button as well.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by Dani

I suggested this once, not for myself but for others. I think the response/problem was that unfortunately these people will/can merely wait until the 24 hours are almost up, send the email and then reblock.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Site administrator
0 likes
Quote by IAMLOVE
Either make the block feature more permanent, like a month or more.

And maybe a permanent block button as well.

A few things here. Firstly I think many use the block on a whim or perhaps too quickly and soon afterwards remove it. Its also commonly used in the chat rooms when members do not wish to see images posted by certain members but again thats often just a temporary measure. Members have tiff's and quickly make up. I think if we introduce a permanent block, which the member cannot revoke, there will be many regrets.
0 likes
Quote by noll
I'm all for a feature like that, but I know that some people only use the block feature in the chat rooms, to block a certain person's images that are not their cup of tea. That's a valid use of the feature I think where blocking/unblocking the same person multiple times makes actual sense.

Or there could be a separate block for the chat room that doesn't affect forums, PMs, story comments, etc. Then they can block the images without having to keep unblocking them when they want to communicate some other way. Not sure if this makes sense since i don't chat.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
I experienced this today. You may all guess who it was. But please keep it to yourself, because we don't want drama here of course. But yes, it was that person you were thinking of.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

0 likes
Block a user and miss out on their laughable nonsense? Oh no. Never ever.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
I tried blocking myself earlier today and it is actually possible. Took me about 4 hours of blindly clicking around to fix it. It was worth it.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
I tried blocking myself earlier today and it is actually possible. Took me about 4 hours of blindly clicking around to fix it. It was worth it.

i once suspended myself for a couple of weeks when i needed a vacation. also totally worth it.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by sprite

i once suspended myself for a couple of weeks when i needed a vacation. also totally worth it.

You should do it again. Tray a nice long staycation somewhere. Doesn't matter where, but... there.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

You should do it again. Tray a nice long staycation somewhere. Doesn't matter where, but... there.

have been considering doing just that but i ended up blocking all the annoying people in the think tank instead, so i'm good for now. appreciate the thoughts, though. btw, you're off topic again.

edit; nevermind, you are actually ON topic. my bad. apologies extended.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by sprite

have been considering doing just that but i ended up blocking all the annoying people in the think tank instead, so i'm good for now. appreciate the thoughts, though. btw, you're off topic again.

edit; nevermind, you are actually ON topic. my bad. apologies extended.

How come everyone else gets to be blocked but not me? That's not very fair. It's like you always have an APB out on me. I'm getting singled out like Rambo in First Blood.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

How come everyone else gets to be blocked but not me? That's not very fair. It's like you always have an APB out on me. I'm getting singled out like Rambo in First Blood.

because, believe it or not, i enjoy your posts. even the off topic ones. there are times when i wish i wasn't a mod, cause i really just want to keep fucking off in the homeless thread, but i kind of have to leash myself in. for the record, i'm not really being serious smacking you around. or am i. it's kind of fun to keep you on your toes. and yes, i know i'm being a dick right now. smile

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Don't forget how those movies end.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Don't forget how those movies end.

like this?

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by sprite

That's Rocky, not Rambo. You'll never make detective, fun pig.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

That's Rocky, not Rambo. You'll never make detective, fun pig.

pretty much the same movie, only one's got knives and gun and the other has big red mittens. ADRIAN!!!!

God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Quote by sprite

pretty much the same movie, only one's got knives and gun and the other has big red mittens. ADRIAN!!!!

Is this the place to confess that I've never seen either of these films?

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
IMHO, blocking someone is a valid act if someone is stalking or annoying you privately. If it's because you have a difference of opinions or someone acts like a fool with name-calling or aggressive remarks in a forum thread, blocking is a cheesy way of responding. Sticks & stones, neener neener, etc...

Someone mentioned retribution or payback. There really is no such thing. It's just venting on a keyboard invisibly on the internet. Sometimes it's fun to poke the bear, but no one is really more badass than anyone else here. It's about communication and socializing.

There is a simple way of dealing with difficult personalities should you desire to. Just ignore and don't respond.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Except that Rocky was nominated for several Academy Awards, and won several, and Rocky2 won the People's Choice Award for best movie. All the Rambo movies did was make a lot of money and give Stallone a lifetime job. There is another Rambo due out soon if it has not already been released. The next one will be "Rambo at 90".
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Warlock
IMHO, blocking someone is a valid act if someone is stalking or annoying you privately. If it's because you have a difference of opinions or someone acts like a fool with name-calling or aggressive remarks in a forum thread, blocking is a cheesy way of responding. Sticks & stones, neener neener, etc...

Someone mentioned retribution or payback. There really is no such thing. It's just venting on a keyboard invisibly on the internet. Sometimes it's fun to poke the bear, but no one is really more badass than anyone else here. It's about communication and socializing.

There is a simple way of dealing with difficult personalities should you desire to. Just ignore and don't respond.

sometimes you just get really tired of reading a certain persons posts, tho, like they're annoying as fuck and they just give you a headache. perfectly good reason to block someone *nods*

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

sometimes you just get really tired of reading a certain persons posts, tho, like they're annoying as fuck and they just give you a headache. perfectly good reason to block someone *nods*

Can we get an "annoying as fuck" button and have their posts explode on screen? Gav should be able to come up with some graphics for that. Much more fun than a boring old block.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Warlock

Can we get an "annoying as fuck" button and have their posts explode on screen? Gav should be able to come up with some graphics for that. Much more fun than a boring old block.

heh. he probably has better things to do, but i wouldn't hate having that. smile

Primus Omnium
0 likes
Quote by twooldtwocare

Except that Rocky was nominated for several Academy Awards, and won several, and Rocky2 won the People's Choice Award for best movie. All the Rambo movies did was make a lot of money and give Stallone a lifetime job. There is another Rambo due out soon if it has not already been released. The next one will be "Rambo at 90".

it is a good thing to note that the first Rambo movie was First Blood and was based on the novel of the same name. It was written by David Morrell. The really interesting thing is that the character, Rambo, actually died at the end of the novel. I rather liked the book. But I simply hate the idea of taking a decent book and story and turning it into a money-making machine, churning out movie after movie, using the character that was killed in the primary source.

Just my
0 likes
For those that block, don't bother the user you've blocked. Don't quote them saying something playful after they've annoyed you in forum threads.
Don't quote them just to inform them of being blocked.

That's why I call you a whiney cunt.