Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

The Maiden and the Minotaur: Part 1

"Ariadne had been chosen to be the Minotaur's next sacrifice - what would become of her?"

19
19 Comments 19
18.8k Views 18.8k
3.3k words 3.3k words
Recommended Read

The Lottery had taken place and the name had been drawn. Only in this Lottery, if your name was drawn you were far from the winner. Ariadne, the youngest daughter of Aegidios, a simple shopkeeper in the village was the name drawn this time.

The town drew the name of a virgin girl every three months in this Lottery. You see, this was Pelatrea, and this town was cursed.

Long long ago, there was a young woman in the town, an extremely lovely woman, who caught the eye of Zeus, the most powerful of all the Greek gods. He came to earth one day in the form of a young man and seduced this beautiful woman and she became with child. 

Hera, Zeus's wife was, of course, furious with her husband's infidelity and cursed the woman and the town in which she lived. The curse was that the child, when born, would be a Minotaur - a creature with the head and lower legs of a bull and the body of a man. And so it was that when it came time for the woman to give birth, the curse revealed itself to everyone's horror. 

A local seer was called on to explain why this child was born so and it was decided that this child and her mother should be banished. A labyrinth was constructed a few miles away from the city at the top of a nearby mountain. This labyrinth was where the Minotaur and its mother would live for the rest of their lives.

The villagers of Pelatrea were told that because of this woman's indiscretion, they too would share in the curse and the lottery was set up to decide who would be sacrificed to the Minotaur.

Every three months each eligible girl over the age of sixteen who was still a virgin was required to put her name in the Lottery and one name would be drawn. Anyone who tried to hide their daughter or cheat the Lottery in any way risked the terrible wrath of Hera herself - something no one wanted!

That was a great many years ago and everyone who lived in Pelatrea at that time was long dead. It was assumed that the woman died not long after being banished to the labyrinth, however, no one knew for sure because no one had ever come back from the labyrinth. The Minotaur though, being sired by Zeus, was immortal.  

Now it was Ariadne's turn. For the last two years, she had been able to beat the Lottery. She had seen nine young women of the village called to be sacrificed. Some went bravely, most went crying, and a couple went screaming for help. She was certain that all of them screamed for help at one point or another. 

Like others before her, once Ariadne's name was called out, she was allowed some time to say goodbye to her family before being whisked away to be prepared. She was taken to the mayor's house and given a very nice room to stay until the following day. Guards were posted at the door and outside just in case she decided to try to escape and she was fed a sumptuous meal.

The next morning, several women came to prepare her for the Minotaur. The women went about their work saddened that once again they had to prepare an innocent girl for who knew what horrors would befall her in the labyrinth. They barely spoke at all except to give directions - it was just easier for everyone that way. Ariadne was going to certain death and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

The women disrobed her, gathering her clothes to return them to the family. She was washed thoroughly with luxurious sponges until she was squeaky clean. Then she was shaved completely until she was smooth everywhere and soothing creme rubbed into the skin where she was shaved to soothe it. Her long brown hair was washed and brushed until it shone. Then the women began preparing her for the sacrifice. Her nails were painted red, her face powdered and her lips were colored to match her nails. Her eyelids were colored and her eyelashes darkened.

Once she had been washed, perfumed, and her makeup applied, she was given a floor-length, flowing gown, made of a very sheer material - so sheer as to hardly be worth the trouble of putting on! Her feet were adorned with simple sandals, the straps of which wrapped around her ankles and up her calves. 

When all the preparations were done, Ariadne was taken to the village priest for a simple ceremony to bless her and offer her to Hera for her approval. Once the village priest saw her and found her worthy of the sacrifice, and the blessing ceremony was over, Ariadne was taken up the long road to the top of the mountain and the labyrinth. 

Ariadne was carried on the ceremonial litter - a fancy chair supported by two long poles and carried by some of the village men because they wanted her to be fresh and pristine for the Minotaur. Several of the village people - her friends, family, and others, followed behind her as far as they could. But once at the top of the mountain, she said her final goodbye to her father and two men led her to the labyrinth entrance.

From the outside, the labyrinth looked like a huge stone building with walls roughly twenty feet tall. But the curious thing was that there was no door or windows anywhere to be seen! The only exterior landmark on the whole building was a set of stone stairs going up the side of the building. 

The men escorted Ariadne up the stairs and over to a grated hole. One man slid the two massive bolt latches holding the grate closed and lifted the heavy hinged grate. They lowered Ariadne on what looked like a swing with a wooden seat. She stood on the seat and held onto the ropes as the men lowered her until she could step off. The swing was then raised back up and the grate replaced and locked. Ariadne knew now why no one ever returned from the labyrinth - there was no way out!

With a blank stone wall behind her there was only one direction she could go from here, so she began to slowly walk down the hallway. As she got further from the hole she was dropped through, it quickly became very dark. She walked slowly along the hall, carefully running her fingers along the wall so she could feel for any openings. 

The floor of the labyrinth was soft and sandy and the air was warm and only slightly humid - not dank and moldy like she expected it to be. Were there more light it might even be slightly pleasant! The air smelled of a faint ocean smell and a musky animal smell she could only surmise as the Minotaur.

That was when fear began to creep in. Ariadne was walking down an almost pitch black hallway with no idea where it might lead and knowing that there was some terrible unknown beast lurking around someplace! How long would it be before she confronted it? Would she even see it coming? If it was this dark now, how would she possibly have a chance against the beast?

She had heard the stories about the Minotaur, and although no one knew exactly what it looked like, rumors and speculation had made it into a terrible, horrific carnivorous nightmare that preyed on the flesh of anyone unlucky enough to be trapped in here with it. 

Slowly Ariadne made her way down the hallway. Then she came to an intersection of two hallways. One to the right and one to the left. The right-hand one felt as if it was going slightly downhill, deeper into the labyrinth. The left one smelled of... the sea? Could it be? 

Her hopes raised slightly as she took the left-hand hallway and continued slowly walking in the darkness. The hall turned to the right and then a little further on to the left. It was then that she noticed the walls were getting a bit lighter - somewhere at the end of this hallway was light! She moved carefully but quicker now and as she got closer it got easier to walk. Then she saw it - an opening in the wall. She ran toward it and what she hoped would be freedom. 

But her hopes were dashed only feet away when she got to the opening. There in front of her was a short platform overlooking a sheer cliff of no less than three hundred feet. The ocean was indeed down below her, but directly below her were terrible jagged rocks. She looked out at the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. 

Out in the distance, almost too far away to make out, was a sailing ship. She looked down at the waves throwing themselves onto the vicious rocky shore. Then it occurred to her. This WAS the way out! But it was a way out by suicide. These were her choices now - to face the Minotaur and who knows what horrors, or to end it quickly on the rocks below. She wondered how many girls had given their broken and battered bodies to the sea over the years.

Ariadne turned around. She wasn't ready for such a gruesome fate. Not yet at least. She would keep it in mind should she need it, but she wasn't ready at this time. 

She began walking knowing that she was walking deeper into the labyrinth. The hallway got darker again like before and once more she was forced to walk with one hand trailing on the wall. A few minutes into the hallway, Ariadne began hearing faint animal noises.

Logically she knew it must be the Minotaur, the monster of the Labyrinth, half man, and half beast and the nightmare of the village children. But strangely, Ariadne felt sorry for the creature. It sounded so mournful, so lonesome. Being condemned to these dark empty hallways for all time must be a terrible punishment. And for something that wasn't even it's fault! And now, Ariadne was going right towards it. She was at once curious and terrified of what she might find.

LizAndrea
Online Now!
Lush Cams
LizAndrea

The hallway branched and branched again. At each intersection, she chose randomly which direction to go, not knowing where she was going or what she would find. With her right hand trailing along the wall and her feet carefully half-walking, half-shuffling along the sandy floor, she used her left hand to feel in front of her. The sounds of the ocean had faded away now and all she heard was her own breathing and the pounding of her heart. Every so often she heard the faint sorrowful wail of what she could only think was the Minotaur.

As she walked on, she began to reflect on her life and the people in it. She missed her mother who had died many years ago - she wished she could have said goodbye to her today. She pictured the face of her father, sad and heartbroken that his only daughter was being sacrificed to the beast in the labyrinth. She thought of her friends and all that she had thought her life would be; now all those thoughts were as far away as home itself.

Ariadne walked steadily down the tunnel without any particular direction and without realizing that she had followed the twists and turns of the hallways past several more branching tunnels, taking her ever deeper into the labyrinth.

Suddenly she was startled by a slight rustling sound, a movement in the tunnel just in front of her. She stopped, and her breath caught, and then sighed and leaned against the wall in relief when she recognized the slight sounds of a rat just looking for a scrap of food.

After walking for what seemed like hours to her but were in reality only about twenty minutes, she heard the Minotaur bellow again. This time, however, it sounded much closer and louder. Ariadne stopped, trembling with fear, her heart pounding in her chest. She was tired... weary from the darkness, the endless walking and the fear around every corner. 

Ariadne just wanted to stop, to go to sleep like this was all a bad dream and she would wake up in her own bed with her fathers kind smile and soft face. She sank down on the floor in the hallway and began to cry, her tears trickling unabated down her soft powdered cheeks. She was tired, and she was terrified. She was also hungry and thirsty.

She had not been given any food, figuring she wouldn't live long anyway once she met the monster, and food was a precious commodity in Pelatrea. If she was to survive down here, she would need to find food and water somehow. That's if the Minotaur, or something else, didn't get her first. 

She shivered. It was somewhat cooler now that she was deeper in the labyrinth. She pulled out her cloak, the only comfort she was allowed to bring, and swathed herself in its warm woolen pleasure. Then realizing that just sitting here feeling sorry for herself wasn't going to get her anywhere, bravely stood up, dusted herself off and started out again down the tunnel, continuing her trek.

Even though it was pitch black where she was, her eyes picked up a faint glow reflected off the walls up ahead of her. It wasn't very bright at first and she thought it might just be her mind playing tricks on her. Like a mirage in the desert, she thought it might be her own hopefulness that made her "see" the improving light conditions. But as she walked the light steadily got brighter and brighter. 

Ahead of her, down the hallway, she could hear a snuffling noise, like something was noisily eating. She came to an opening and there was a faint flickering glow spilling out. She cautiously peered around it, careful not to make a sound. And there in the room, Ariadne saw the Minotaur for the first time.

He had his back to her, tending to his dinner cooking in the fireplace and hadn't noticed her yet. Ariadne was shocked at the size of the beast. With the body of a pro wrestler, bulging rippling black muscles, he was at least eight feet tall and seemed entirely human - that is, until you saw his head. She could only see the silhouette of the back of it, but she could make out that it was shaggy, covered in a thick black hair, with two curling horns jutting out either side above the long pointed ears.

Without thinking she gasped, and then instantly covered her mouth, mentally kicking herself for being so careless. The Minotaur stopped what he was doing and cocked his head, listening intently. He turned on what she now saw were hairy legs ending in giant cloven hooves, and stared into the darkness where she was hiding around the corner. 

When she realized the Minotaur hadn't seen her, she peeked around again and recoiled in shock. He had the face and head of a bull, with a long bovine jaw and fur over his face. Both of his eyes were set at the front but looked curious rather than angry or aggressive. He made a funny snorting noise as if sniffing the air trying to figure out what was there in the darkness.

In his huge human hands, he was holding a big platter. Ariadne assumed it was what he was going to have for dinner. But instead of some bloody chunk of some kind of meat (human, perhaps?), it looked like just vegetables. 

Ariadne stood there watching the beast for a few moments as it tried to figure out what was out there in the dark hall. It made no move to either step forward nor retreat, it just stood where it was straining its eyes with its ears cocked forward listening and to try to determine what was going on.

I may as well get it over with, Ariadne thought to herself. She knew that if she made any movement at all the beast would hear her and with his sense of smell he was bound to smell her perfume at any moment. She stood up straight and stepped into the room, the lair of the Minotaur. 

The light coming from a hearth against one wall, along with a couple oil lamps on the walls provided enough illumination to move around the room comfortably. It was a warm room, also thanks to the fireplace, and not too stuffy, with an area against one wall that appeared to be a sleeping area, with a roughly hewn wooden bed covered with various furs. There was also a rough wooden table and chair and a second chair close to the fireplace.

The surprised Minotaur stood upright with its mouth slightly open, staring at her. No one had ever ventured this far into the labyrinth before and certainly, no one had come into its lair like this. It flabbergasted the Minotaur for a moment. 

The beast slowly set the platter down on the table and brushed his hands off on his hairy legs as he slowly moved around the table. Then, with nothing between himself and this intruder, he strode towards her, covering the twenty-five feet across the room in three quick bounds. He reached out one of his large, powerful hands, grabbing her by the upper arm, and then his other hand caught her other arm. 

Ariadne shrieked and struggled but the beast didn't release her. Instead, it brought her over closer to the fireplace to get a better look at her. She twisted and struggled, trying to break free of the creature's grip; however, its strong hands held her firmly but gently. 

Eventually, she tired of this useless attempt to free herself and relaxed a bit. It dawned on her that her fighting would amount to nothing as she was trapped in the labyrinth with the beast and at any time it could simply kill her if it wanted. In addition, her fighting so may just give it excuse to do that very thing! 

The Minotaur gradually relaxed its grip on her as well and finally let go of her completely. It studied her for a bit and the Ariadne noticed something strange. The creature's face softened and its eyes looked almost... kind. 

She swallowed. "Hello, my name is Ariadne. Can you talk?" she said softly and calmly. She didn't want to sound afraid because she knew the bulls back home could sense fear and it made them nervous and skittish too. 

The Minotaur shook it's head at her mournfully, then opened it's mouth and pointed to a long, thick cow's tongue. "NNNnah tlk" the beast replied.

"Oh, I'm sorry." she thought for a moment, "But you do understand me?'" she asked. The beast nodded affirmatively.

"Oh good," she said with a little smile. She hadn't really expected the beast to be intelligent. What should she say now? Hi, I've been picked to be your virgin sacrifice? I am here for your ravishment? For your dinner?

Dinner. That reminded her she hadn't eaten anything since last night. "Please... I am terribly hungry. I haven't eaten all day. The Minotaur's brown eyes, very expressive eyes really, looked as if it wanted to apologize for not being a good host. It turned and picked up the tray to offer her some of its dinner. 

That's when the room started to spin and go dark and she fainted dead away...
 

 

 

Published 
Written by Master_Jonathan
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments