Announcing our "Humor Month" Competition Winners

last reply
32 replies
5.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
This was one of our most entertaining competitions to date. There were some incredibly original stories and poems entered.

Our common tater summed up the competition the best: "When the chips were down, some authors dug deep, and many authors put together crisp entries. A few of the plots were half-baked, others peeled off sentences which were rather gratin on the nerves. In the end, the winner was a force tuber reckoned with." (Blame Alan, he started it!)

So, without further ado, the results:

1st Place ($200): naughtyannie >> Pyramus and Thisbe
2nd Place ($100): Tashtego >> Roger
3rd Place (Potato of your choice): CurlyGirly >> Confessions of a Phone Sex Operator Sorry CG!

Congratulations to the winners! I'll be in touch soon regarding your prizes.

Making up the Top 10, were these excellent entries:

AbigailThornton >> Lizzie's Lost World
clum >> Premature Ejaculation Man
DirtyMartini >> In Search Of A Young Spud I Mean Stud
sprite >> Future Steph
eiffel2007 >> Fairy Fairy Quite Contrary
elitfromnorth >> Choking the Blue Snake
AmandaJilling >> The Case of the Curious Clitoris

Thank you to everyone who entered into the spirit of things, and made this competition such fun.

A new competition will be announced shortly.

Cheers,

Nicola
Mazztastic
0 likes
Ha!! My predictions were correct for the first time ever!!!

CG, you owe me a packet of crisps!! Lol

Congratulations to the winners and runners up. I really enjoyed this competition.

Well done!!!

(Oh, apart from I thought OWA would have been in there too)
0 likes
Congratulations to all the winners and well done to everyone who took part!

The stories were so much fun to read. It was a fantastic contest.

Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
Congratulations and well done everyone!!!
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Well done everyone!. So many giggles, this was a great competition.
Some awesome entries this time round - Annie your poem was superb!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
congratulation to all the winners! glad i wasn't a judge, there were some amazing stories out there this time around. smile btw, i heard a rumor that all the runner-ups get a can of E Z Whip. its that true?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Congratulations to all the winners! I loved a lot of the stories.. Great job!!!

Lurker
0 likes
Congratulations to the winners and well done everyone who entered
CurlyFries
0 likes
WooHoo!! Doing my Happy Potato Dance. Congratulations to everyone. There really were a lot of great stories in the comp!

Is a distilled potato, by an chance, an option??? If not, then a lovely and simplistic "potato" badge with no explanation would be a nice addition to my page. It would make me smile, and I'm pretty sure I would be the envy of all other Lushies. Also, we can then avoid that whole pesky FDA issue when importing produce.

Quote by Mazza

CG, you owe me a packet of crisps!! Lol

Damn, you didn't waste any time! What flavor of potato chips would you like me to send you?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nicely done, everyone! I really enjoyed this set of entries.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by CurlyGirly
WooHoo!! Doing my Happy Potato Dance. Congratulations to everyone. There really were a lot of great stories in the comp!

Is a distilled potato, by an chance, an option??? If not, then a lovely and simplistic "potato" badge with no explanation would be a nice addition to my page. It would make me smile, and I'm pretty sure I would be the envy of all other Lushies. Also, we can then avoid that whole pesky FDA issue when importing produce.

Damn, you didn't waste any time! What flavor of potato chips would you like me to send you?

Surprise me! ;)

BTW, if you get a 'diggin' my potatoes' badge, I am going to be SO jealous... Lol
0 likes
Massive congratulations to the winners smile

I'm very happy that my silly little story got a top 10 finish. Thank you judges biggrin
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
This was a wonderful competition - my congratulations to all the winners but especially Annie - that was one of the best pieces of writing I've read in a long while - a very worthy winner!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
oh, I would have loved to enter this one myself, but missed out but congratulations to everyone who entered and to the winners

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Congrats to all the winners and players!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I HAVE BEEN BLESSED IN THAT, I WAS ABLE TO READ SEVERAL OF THE CONTEST STORIES(cap lock),prior to judging. I found them extremely funny. I have no concept of just how much time & effort you have spent creating your entries.but how ever much , It paid off..

Congratulations to each & every one of you. JOBS WELL DONE.
Matriarch
0 likes
I'll see what we can do CG, thanks for entering into the spirit of the competition
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Congratulations to ALL the participants. It was great fun to read all the imaginative, sexy entries. I kept saying to myself, "Hmm, wish I thought of that!" Congratulations especially to Annie and CurlyGirl. Truly amazing work and well deserved awards!
Story Verifier
0 likes
Congratulations to all the great winning writers and participants. You all brought many smiles to my days this month!
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
What can I say except thank you to the judges, and to everyone else for your kind comments. Congratulations to the other winners, and all who entered. And who says poetry is dead lol?

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Lurker
0 likes
I judge a lot of Lush Comps...

(Nicola: "Well, you do fuck all else...")

AHEM... And this one was the toughest I've done. I'll include a quote, since it's after the event, that I sent to my fellow judges in the course of our deliberations:

"To judge BETTER writers than me is a real trial. ALL OF THESE PEOPLE ARE AT LEAST AS GOOD AS MY BEST. (Some are quite a bit better.)"

And one more quote from our discussions:

"Jesus, Nic, the standard at the top end is getting fucking ridiculous on Lush! I'm especially impressed at how some of these writers have developed in the time I've been reading them here."

The judging panel, (and it changes all the time,) take the competitions VERY seriously. When the standard is this high, one finds oneself in the HORRIBLE position of trying to OBJECTIVELY rank one writer against another, and IT'S SO DIFFICULT!!!!!!

For the first time ever in my Lush judging career, my first choice won! (Congratulations NA AND CG!!!!!)

Entrants should know that A GREAT DEAL of discussion and discourse happens in the course of competition judging. It can indeed get quite heated!

TWO out of my top three got placed. (Three out of my top four were placed.)

EVERY STORY I READ DESERVED AT LEAST AN EP RIBBON. EVERY ONE made me think, "Ah FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!!! HOW GOOD IS THIS!!!!!"

As a regular story mod I think I can say that we occasionally deal with 'work that needs work'...

The competitions properly showcase THE VERY BEST OF WHAT LUSH STORIES ASPIRE TO, and it's my honour and pleasure to read such quite fantastic work.

To EVERYONE who entered, thank you for your talent. To the winners, YOU DESERVE IT.

(I LOVE this fucking place!!!!!)

xx Stephanie.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

"To judge BETTER writers than me is a real trial. ALL OF THESE PEOPLE ARE AT LEAST AS GOOD AS MY BEST. (Some are quite a bit better.)"

oh, how i'm having trouble not commenting on that *giggles*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
Congratulations to all the winners! Hope that potato is gold plated.

Quote by stephanie

I judge a lot of Lush Comps...

For the first time ever in my Lush judging career, my first choice won! (Congratulations CG!!!!!)

How dare you...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

For the first time ever in my Lush judging career, my first choice won! (Congratulations CG!!!!!)

I'm cancelling that transaction! Can't trust anyone these days when offering bribes...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by elitfromnorth

I'm cancelling that transaction! Can't trust anyone these days when offering bribes...

FUCK All Y'All... I've never talked properly to Curly Girl in my life!!!!!! (And I might never talk to Clum or Sprite again...) I don't know Annie and I don't know Tashetgo...

SERIOUSLY... The competitions are High End WORK... Like I said, we've all watched these writers blossom... SOME are personal friends of mine... That CAN'T enter into a decision about quality or placing... YOU JUDGE THE PIECE... ("It is the tale, not who tells it...")

(Personally, I never look at who's written the piece... TO BE HONEST, I was surprised that 'Pre-Ejaculation Man' was written by my friend Callum...)

COMMENT:

CONFESSIONS OF A PRE EJACULATION MAN.

(I LIKED this... Very funny. But I don't come to Lush just to laugh. Even given the subject. I come here to come. There's a balance. One thing I WILL say about this one is that WOMEN might dig it... ("Aren't Men Crap? How I wish I didn't simply LOVE sucking his cock....") But, Priapic Prince that I am, I didn't quite get it... That said, a funny, brilliant and engaging piece...)

Now, I post these observations so that possible future competition entrants can see how we DISCUSS and consider the work and argue merit. (I may well get into trouble for doing so...)

There is A LOT of too-ing and fro-ing before a decision is made.

But we take the work seriously.

Because that's what it deserves.

xx SF