Login

Does it help to write while horny?

last reply
50 replies
6.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Three Cheers for Horny & Using That In Writing!

Arousal does help, (for me, I think). My view is that as excitement builds for me, it reflects in the story, making it more genuine, and the tension used in the story may be more felt when conveyed through that catalyst in the writing/reading. I know I would enjoy a genuinely aroused author when reading a piece of erotic writing. Indeed!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm glad I'm not the only one writing erotica when in the mood (and having wank breaks)! I find it very uncomfortable to write erotica in cafes or around my child for this reason, even though I'm happy to write other fiction anywhere the mood strikes and the time allows. The exception to this is poetry- I HAVE to get it out when it's in my head, or it vanishes sad
0 likes
To write, I need to concentrate for two reasons. One, stringing any sentence together when my gander is up is an effort. Two, I have this awful clicklet keyboard that is hard enough to use without trembling hands.

My ideas tend to come from those naughty moments and reminiscences, the application is cold stone sober and clear minded.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
If you're writing erotic material it certainly helps.
Ambrose
Lurker
0 likes
I tend to write in between horny sessions. So I think up passages in my head whilst masturbating, but write them down later, once I am lucid again. Sometimes it may take several orgasms to get something absolutely right.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mazza
I will often write when I am horny, but what I've found is that I tend to be repetitive and my sentence structure et al goes to shit, however the typing will tend to flow when I'm turned on..

So, what I will do is write at that time, just get it typed out onto the page, then I'll leave it and come back at a later stage and edit it with a clearer head.. Try and mold it into something half decent - with varying degrees of success...

Me too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jayne33
I think it's all to do with the level of horniness and it doesn't have to stay constant over the time of writing.

I tend to start off pretty straight headed, think up my basic plot and characters. I like to write stories that I enjoy and when I have written something that gets me going, then there should be a good chance that it would effect another reader the same way.

I tend to find my horniness increases as the story heats up, but after having to read over it again and again to check for mistakes and just the flow of the story it's ability to make me horny wears off. It's only after posting it and leaving it a few months and then going back and reading again that I get that same feeling of excitement as when I originally wrote it.

Pretty much how it works for me too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It does increase the horny feeling,especially when you are writing to a person you want to feel horny.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
doesn't help to write on here at all anymore with the ever increasing rejections...anyone would think it was a site for serious writers
Lurker
0 likes
Of course I have to feel a bit randy - my sex scenes fall totally flat, as does the story overall, if I'm not.

Being sober is for editing where I wrangle the madness. smile
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Being horny as the only way to write erotica....
Check out Office Sluts: The First Weeks at Smashwords!
Lurker
0 likes
For me when I write I am not usually horny, but the foundations of the story have come from horny times! And, if it is a story about a real experience, then often the memories will get things stirred up very quickly.
English Rose
0 likes
I jot down a load of bullet points when I feel sexy then go back and flesh out the details afterwards which more often than not gets me going again. It's hard work getting a story done!!! Lol
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...
The Linebacker
0 likes
I rather enjoy writing while I'm horny. Actually writing erotica usually makes me horny. A certain someone has figured that out and takes advantage of that fact. smile
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I love to write when I'm horny...I always need to stop and pleasure myself during my stories. I quite often turn myself on....

xo
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I'm not already aroused when I start to write, the writing itself will do it. It takes me months to finish even a short erotic story; I often have to stop because I can't keep my hands on the keyboard .

I do edit, edit, edit, edit afterward. The rewrite often takes longer than getting the story down the first time, even with all the, um, distractions.
Best Friend Exchange Club: Here
Artist stories start at Artist -- Chapter 1
Starbucks Reverie at Starbucks Reverie

Teacher at Teacher

And please read my competition entry:There's Always Time. A sweet love story set in a time traveling universe.
Lurker
0 likes
It's tricky; if I'm too aroused, I can't concentrate long enough to write. If I'm completely sober, there's no passion in my writing.

It's why it takes me so long.