Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Going topless in Canada it's Legal, but would you?

last reply
36 replies
3.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A 1996 appeal court ruling in Ontario granted women the right to bare their breasts in public after 19-year-old Gwen Jacob, a Guelph university student, was charged with committing an indecent act when she walked home shirtless on a hot summer day five years earlier.

In 2000, the B.C. Supreme Court also stood behind women’s rights to go topless in public. Maple Ridge’s Linda Meyer was charged for violating a bylaw when she went for a topless dip at a city-run pool and successfully challenged the law.

Kelowna’s Rowbottom said she phoned the local detachment to ask about the law and was told again that it’s illegal for women to be topless in public.

But when she called the city bylaw office, she said the clerk told her it’s completely legal and that she is welcome to be topless anywhere a man can be.

When she phoned the RCMP detachment again, Rowbottom said she was put on hold three times before an officer eventually admitted that she was right.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Very interesting! Didn't know this was legal in Canada.

No....I would never do it. I am a big chicken. Lol! (not as crazy as my Lush alter ego I guess!)
I hope you enjoy my latest poem!

Secret Little
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes I would love to be naked!
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Yes, I would! I pose nude out in nature for photoshoots right here in good old Ohio! I'm very comfortable in my skin, and have little or no modesty.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I'm looking forward to seeing more Canadian women topless and wearing only the paint colors and a letter spelling out the names of their favorite hockey teams. Look, the guys do it, surely you won't be outdone by them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I did it in France on a vacation. Well my mom did it with me. All the girls were doing it and we sort of stuck out with bikini tops on. I was pretty much a tennie bopper and flat haha, but it was scary and exciting all the same. All the girls there do it and it's totally natural. Here in the USA we are so hung up on sex. Sort of silly if you think about it.
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
There are no specific laws about this in the UK. A fair number of women sunbathe topless in the parks in London when it's hot and there don't seem to be any problems. I've certainly never been told to cover up.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, I love the freedom!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes! Any chance I can get
Nerdzilla
0 likes
If it's one of the few months out of the year that Canada isn't too cold, maybe! In all seriousness, I don't think I'd walk down the road topless. The girls are too big for all that; it's just not comfortable. I'd at least want a bra. That said, going topless when sunbathing or swimming would be nice.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I had a friend who did it sometimes to prove a point back when we were in university, but it's far from the norm. I'm definitely not comfortable going topless walking around in the city or in 'non-topless' environments (ie. not the beach). Quite honestly, although it's technically legal, I don't ever see people doing it outside of things like the Pride Parade, or occasionally some will go body-painted at sporting events or outdoor concerts. I have been bodypainted before in public (for a charity event), but for me - I still have to feel like the event/venue is 'appropriate'.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for commenting on my forum topic, what is interesting to me is the effort of removing the stigma of going topless, if man can do it, women should have equal rights. Well that's the premise, is it valid change for the better, or a moral misstep?
Nerdzilla
0 likes
Quote by MindsEye
Thanks for commenting on my forum topic, what is interesting to me is the effort of removing the stigma of going topless, if man can do it, women should have equal rights. Well that's the premise, is it valid change for the better, or a moral misstep?

I'm not really sure how my boobs could be immoral.

I think it's a valid change.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by MindsEye

It's definitely not a moral misstep. Everyone should have the right. Whether someone wants to take advantage of it is up to personal choice, but it's only fair to have equal options available.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I had a friend who did it sometimes to prove a point back when we were in university, but it's far from the norm. I'm definitely not comfortable going topless walking around in the city or in 'non-topless' environments (ie. not the beach). Quite honestly, although it's technically legal, I don't ever see people doing it outside of things like the Pride Parade, or occasionally some will go body-painted at sporting events or outdoor concerts. I have been bodypainted before in public (for a charity event), but for me - I still have to feel like the event/venue is 'appropriate'.

This exactly. The right way to put it is that partial nudity is 'decriminalized' in many countries, but it's nonetheless rarely the norm and a lot of people will still give you weird looks in the great majority of situations if you parade around with your titties out (even at most beaches, actually).

In other words, the law enforcement won't be bothered and won't take measures for such a minor offense, but that doesn't mean that it's socially acceptable in a widespread manner either. The laws are established that way so that people sunbathing/flaunting/manifesting/parading/body-painting topless won't be an unnecessary burden on the legal system, but you still might get asked to put a shirt on by authorities in a lot of situations.

In Canada specifically, 'public indecency' is still illegal and depending on the context/situation (eg. a woman dancing in panties in the middle of a shopping-mall), you still might get arrested/prosecuted; and you could also be arrested for 'public disturbance' if police officers consider your nudity to be an obvious act of provocation.

I have some family in Canada and I've been there quite a few times, and I've never seen any woman being topless at the beach (and certainly not on the streets). Similarly in Ibiza or various other resorts where partial nudity isn't illegal, you generally have separate beaches for topless/non-topless people; and it's very likely that people will give you strange looks and/or ask you to put something on if you expose your breasts at a non-topless beach.
Lurker
0 likes
If I was that attractive - sure.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Metilda
If I was that attractive - sure.

I bet you have some nice, full, pendulous breasts. Just set them free. Wild and free and full of life. I am available for a thorough tittay appreciation PM if you are interested. Must include pic in your request.
Convict
0 likes
I say it's a great thing. What is so offensive about tits? My opinion is it's the snarky women with little boobies who are the ones complaining about being topless in public.

EDITED TO ADD: Not saying all snarky women have little boobs, and not saying all women with little boobs are snarky.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by trinket

I say it's a great thing. What is so offensive about tits? My opinion is it's the snarky women with little boobies who are the ones complaining about being topless in public.

EDITED TO ADD: Not saying all snarky women have little boobs, and not saying all women with little boobs are snarky.

Hang on I love little boobies!
The Linebacker
0 likes
I'm sure going topless in Canada would be good for putting those nipples on high beam.

It really sounds like the premise for a good story. 'Going Topless In Canada'

hmmm... sounds like a project for some of our Canadian friends. I'm sure she would have some fun with a Canadian Mountie. Why do you think they call them 'Mounties'?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have posed nude lots of times some professionally and some for fun.

I see nothing wrong for a woman being topless in the appropriate places.

Especially if your breasts are young and high and beautiful.

On the other hand not every woman is blessed with beautiful breasts, just like faces, butts and legs.

As age, gravity and time take control of our bodies maybe we need to be more selective when we are topless in public.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Can we have same law this side of Lake Superior please :P
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is a topic that strikes a chord with me. Less so the legal issue of women being permitted to go topless here, but more so because of the entire focus on our breasts. I have been blessed with fairly large breasts and as a result have had to deal with this integral part of my anatomy in regards to how others view and treat me for having them. I live on the West coast of Canada in the beautiful Pacific Rim gateway city of Vancouver. In Canada, much like in the United States, there is a notable difference in personalities and pace of life for those living in the East versus those of us here in West. Think of how different New Yorkers are compared to those from California. Those here on the West coast tend to be considerably laid back, easy going, more relaxed, less rushed, and are inclined to enjoy a more open way of life. Yet even today with our liberal point of view here in the West, fifteen years in to the 21st century, some things are not that different nor have changed much in generations and are still as uptight as ever. Society's overall perspective on women's breasts.

In 2015 we are still expected to hide this part of our body at all times, and not just conceal our breasts but also hide their primary purpose, to feed and nourish babies. This point was once again hilighted recently by Presidential candidate Donald Trump during his campaign who made offensive and derogatory statements about such a natural act. He, and many will agree with him, are offended and even repulsed by any suggestion of us utilizing our breasts for such purposes and feel it is an act we should also hide, along with what our individual breasts look like of course. Not only must we conceal them, that is not considered enough, as many also became considerably offended by the mere notion of our fully covered nipples protruding through the fabric of our clothing at any point in time. I've personally seen many people actually sneer or look shocked upon noticing the presence of my erect nipples showing through one of my tops. It's as if I assaulted these people who react with varying degrees of disgust to my nipples shape protruding shape.

Why is this part of the female anatomy, something every woman is born with, so offensive and controversial to our modern day culture still? I thought we lived in a democratic free society where all are created equal and should be treated with respect. Yet this could not be further from the truth at times. I've even experimented with this concept, where I have gone to the same places twice, dressed differently each time. One time, I would wear more revealing clothing, hilighting my breasts, usually displaying ample cleavage and through going braless which allowed the shape of my nipples to be aptly visible sometimes. The other time, I would wear more conservative fashions where my breasts and nipples are downplayed and fully hidden from public viewing.

The extremes in how others treated me varied dramatically, be it men or other women whom I came in to contact with. I was treated more equally and with greater kindness from other women while my breasts were hidden away, and the men paid less attention to me and more of them seem to treat me with a general indifference although many still were sweet to me. But when I was wearing revealing clothes that hilighted my figure and placed my breasts and by extension my nipples on exhibition through more daring clothes, the reactions I received from each sex changed and was amplified significantly. Those same men I had encountered before now reacted with enthusiastic reception upon coming into contact with me, became much more focused on me (more specifically on my chest), and many reacted with a subtly giddy and at times slightly creepy or even stalker-like behavior. This was no surprise to me, as I already know most men are highly visually oriented and react strongly to the sight of the female form when visible and in their field of vision. That is merely biology at work and it doesn't offend me actually, in fact I often find that to be quite flattering and at times endearing.

But it was largely the reactions of other women that I found to be the most extreme and sadly disheartening. I certainly didn't need to conduct this little experiment as I have had much experience over the years with varying levels of reception to my body from other women, both favorable and unfavorable. The point of this mostly was for me to see the extreme more clearly, by first showing my breasts hidden and then running into these same people while my breasts were revealed. I am the same person either way, regardless of how I dress or what part of my anatomy is visible or not. Yet with other women, is where the condemnation really erupted. I was not greeted with the same kindness nor afforded the same courtesy or help as I had been before, and I could easily feel the divide carved out between us where previously existed an open equality. Mix in everything from dirty looks, dismissive answers, rude conduct, cold interactions and even uncivil or derogatory comments said about me under their breath when they thought I wasn't listening. Truly it was disgusting, if anything it could be perceived as a form of bullying and so closed minded and simply unkind.

Women should be better then this to each other, we need to be less judgmental and more supportive, inclusive with one another. Especially when it concerns our body, our natural anatomy, the way we were born and developed as we matured while growing up into adulthood. Why must our breasts, be they large or average or small, along with our nipples, by they erect or soft, be such a focal point for bad behavior and constant negative focus. Which brings me to this topic of us having not had the same basic right as men to reveal the top half of our body under the right circumstances. Like say for example at the beach when it is hot out, or in a park, by a pool, even in your own backyard regardless whether the neighbors or passerby's on the street may be able to see you or not, to name a few places. Men can and frequently do do it, they have pectoral breast tissue and nipples as well, as our two anatomies are not that different realistically from the outside on our top half. For years it was considered to be illegal across Canada to display in public this part of our body however, even though in many other parts of the world it is allowed in general or at least allowed in restricted places like at nude or topless beaches.

Thankfully this has changed here and we no longer face legal consequences for not covering our breasts from others' view. But the social stigma and conservative influence that rules the masses has not changed yet, it's still primitive and discourages us by attempting to demoralize us from participating in the same act that men are free to partake in. Most sad is it is women who seem to be at the center of this resistance as they treat other women with such disdain and offensive behavior to shame us into being embarrassed or made to feel inhibited about our own body. A body that we were born with, that is a creation of nature and is built as it was meant to be. That is ridiculous, small minded, regressive, harmful to our confidence and creates a host of other problems that do not need to exist. Breasts are a part of us, they serve a primary purpose in the reproduction of our society and a secondary purpose for physical pleasure, also something that we are all entitled to have. I refuse to allow my sisters betray me like this simply because they can not come to terms with their own body and allow themselves to be offended by another woman's shape. I will never give in, never allow others to dictate to me how my body should be treated and what is considered acceptable within society today or not. My breasts are a part of me, I love them like I love my face, or my legs, or my stomach, or any other part of my anatomy. I can not help it if others become upset by the presence of my body parts, that is their problem to reconcile with, and I hope they can make peace with it sooner than later, because this is a fight for our rights to be who we are. One I will never surrender nor let go of until that stigma becomes a thing of the past. Ladies, you can help this cause and yourself by not giving in to being shamed, by not letting others tell you how to dress, by resisting the pressure you feel to downplay any part of your body.

Breasts are beautiful, as are our nipples, and we should be proud of them no matter what at all times, big or small, natural or even augmented as it doesn't matter. Stand tall and hold your head high and be free to live your life without the judgment of others curbing your right to be the strong, powerful, unique individual you were born as. It is a choice, one we each can make for ourselves. What you do next is up to you, so choose wisely, love your breasts and show them the same consideration and kindness you would ideally show to others as well! Cheers, JoJo smile
Lurker
0 likes
I wouldn't, even if I lived alone and no one was around.

That's my .
Lurker
0 likes
yaaaaaaaaay!!!!! already to go topless in Canada .. giggles..

\\

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Before the nineteenth century there were far fewer hang-ups about women and girls showing their breasts in public. And as other people have already said, going topless on the beach in France, Spain and Italy is normal and even complete nudity quite common. So in terms of equal rights I suppose we're moving back towards how things used to be. I think the consensus is that topless is fine but really the place for it is the beach or hotel pool. And pretty much the same goes for baring all.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Rings
Can we have same law this side of Lake Superior please :P

Come visit South Beach sometime. it is a farily common occurance down here in Miami.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You're darn tootin eh!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've never had a Canadian, do they really taste like maple candy?
Lurker
0 likes
It's legal at state parks here in Ohio, and I do.