Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Make My Life Happy - Chapter 8 - Claudia's Cards, Candles And Flowers

"Claudia's business suffers a set back"

6
0 Comments 0
502 Views 502
1.0k words 1.0k words

When his phone buzzed, Paul was working on a design for McCormick and Garrison.

“This is Paul.”

“Paul, this is Deena, from the bakery.  We heard a horrible crash.  When we investigated, a car slid into the flower shop.  We didn’t see - ”

Paul ended the call, grabbed his coat and keys, and headed for the flower shop.  When he arrived, it was total destruction.  The car had slid into the shop sideways.  Try as he might, he could not get around the vehicle. 

Paul saw the ambulance standing by and the cop was in standing by his car.  He did not look happy.  Then Paul saw the guy in the back seat.  He was ripped, period.  Paul tried to get into the shop.  There was no way.

“CLAUDIA!  CLAUDIA!  WHERE ARE YOU, BABY?  ARE YOU ALL RIGHT?  CLAUDIA TALK TO ME!”

Paul went to the delivery door.  It was unlocked so Paul was able to get into the back of the shop.  The counter had been shoved against the flower cooler, with one of the corners crushing the motor.   He heard a faint sobbing from under the counter.

“Claudia, are you under there?  Claudia, are you there?”

“Yes, Paul.  Come get me out.  I can’t push the counter away.  I just need a little more room to get out.”

Paul pushed and pulled at the counter.  Finally, he was able to move the counter enough to free Claudia.  She emerged holding a broken tulip.  She fell into his arms sobbing uncontrollably.

“MY SHOP!  WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SHOP?  WHAT SON OF A BITCH DID THIS?  I’LL BREAK HIS FUCKING NECK."

Paul and Claudia went to the front of the shop.  She looked at the medic and cop standing by the cop’s car. Just about this time, her Mother and Dad arrived. Claudia threw down the flower and headed for the cop car.

“YOU’RE THE SON OF A BITCH THAT DESTROYED MY SHOP.  YOU ASSHOLE, YOU KILLED EVERY ONE OF MY PLANTS, MY BABIES.  GET OUT HERE SO I CAN WIPE THE STREET UP WITH YOUR FACE.”

Claudia was screaming, kicking, and pounding on the police car.  She was sobbing uncontrollably.  Paul went over to try to comfort her, he was hugging her.

“Claudia, it will be okay.  We can make this work.  Mr. Garrison’s offer is still open.  We can open in the city.”

“I DON’T WANT A FUCKING CITY SHOP!  I WANT MY SHOP, IT’S MINE.  I BUILT IT FROM SEVEN LITTLE PLANTS.  IT’S MY SHOP."                  

Claudia collapsed from Paul’s arms to the asphalt.  She landed face down sobbing and pounding her fist on the pavement.  Paul knelt next to her and rolled her into his arms.  She buried her face in his shoulder, her arms wrapped loosely around his neck.

DeliaSpring
Online Now!
Lush Cams
DeliaSpring

“Paul.  Oh, Paul.  All of our hard work and love.  Baby, he killed all of them.”

Claudia looked over his shoulder and saw her Mother. She half sat up using Paul to steady herself.

“YOU!  WHAT DO YOU WANT?  YOU HAVE HATED ME SINCE THE SECOND YOU SPIT ME OUT OF YOUR BODY.  I BET YOU’RE ENJOYING THIS.  NOW YOU CAN TELL YOUR FUCKING RICH BITCH FRIENDS I’VE FAILED.  OH, YOU WILL BE SO PROUD TO TELL THEM.  GET OUT OF HERE.  GET OUT OF MY SIGHT.  I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR UGLY FACE AGAIN, BITCH!!”

Claudia broke down sobbing again. Her father told her mother to go back to their house.  He was going to stay until everything was finished.  He started to walk over to Claudia, but the medic was looking at her.

“Ma’am, I think you should let me look at your head wound.  It looks pretty bad, and I think there are little slivers of glass in there. Can I see your hand? You have a bad wound on your hand.”

Claudia went with the medic.  Paul looked at her Dad.  Her Dad had tears in his eyes.  He knew how hard and how much the shop meant to Claudia. Paul was near tears as well.

“Paul,” Dad said, “I have given the medic my information, he can bill me.  We can bill the insurance company later.  The tow truck and board-up crew are here.  I’ll stay until everything is finished.  Don’t worry about anything here.  Just take our girl home.  I don’t have to tell you to love her.”

“Thanks, Dad.  I owe you big time.”

The medic had just finished with Claudia. She was still on the gurney in the ambulance, sobbing.     He gave Paul some antiseptic whips to clean her wounds and gauge for bandages.  Paul looked at the things from the medic and almost cried.  She looked at Paul through her swollen tearing eyes. He was stroking her hair and her face.  He had never seen Claudia hurt.

“Paul,” Claudia said weakly, “I don’t know where I would be without you.  I thought I was strong, but now I know, you are my strength.  I love you.”

“I love you too, Baby.  Let’s get home.  This way, you can lie down if you want and take a nap.  The medic gave me an extra tablet for you if you need it to sleep.”

“Paul, he killed all my babies.  The ones I cared for and loved.  Damn him.  But there is one good part.”

“What’s that Claudia?”

Claudia placed her arms over her tummy and smiled up at Paul.

“Paul, he didn’t kill our baby.”

Published 
Written by DepartedSoul
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors