Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Slow Burning Fire

"A writer spends Christmas Eve in a secluded cabin during a blizzard."

11
6 Comments 6
5.3k Views 5.3k
3.4k words 3.4k words
Competition Entry: Some Like it Hot
Soaked! Nothing could be more disappointing than crawling into bed and laying in an icy wet spot. I jump out and pull the heavy brown quilt down to discover the cause of the wetness. I don't drink in my bed, it can't be anything I've spilled on the bed. I haven't wet the bed, I hope it's not from an animal that came inside the cabin to escape the snow. Snow. Of course it's snow, I look up and can see a fine flutter of snow falling from a hole in the ceiling. I sigh, what I viewed as quaint charm in the summer has become a dilapidated hell hole.

I turn the tap on the sink on to put on the stove for tea. The water is just like the temperature outside, freezing cold. I think about making a list of complaints to the frail man who rented this cabin to me. I have about seven repairs in mind before my water begins to boil and fill the cabin with a dense cloud of steam. The temperature inside must be colder than I thought. Thank God my robe is still relatively dry. I sit down in the easy chair and try to warm myself up with hot chamomile. It burns my tongue but I reserve my complaints because there is no one else here to vent them too. I decide that old man Johnson shouldn't be bothered with the flaws of this cabin. After all, his wife had recently passed away and it is Christmas Eve.

This makes the first Christmas Eve I've been completely secluded from anyone, my family, my close friends, distant friends, and there is certainly no boyfriend to mention. My only concern for the next three months is to crank out my first full length novel. The short stories and infrequent magazine features have just barely kept me from having to find a real job. I'm eking out a living with the hopes my novel will get me noticed for a big payday.

My tea is already getting cold so I judge it must be time to load the fireplace with more dead wood. The bin is about half empty, I make a mental note to do something about that. I drift to a cozy state where I think I could fall asleep in this big chair. Eventually I'm going to have to do something about the hole in the roof, or move the bed. The wild animals are even quiet tonight because of the blizzard.

I cringe when the quiet is broken by the sound of an obnoxious motor. It's not a car, this cabin is on the end of a dead end path. The noise grows louder and louder until I'm clenching my teeth. I wonder what sort of person or people would be riding around on an irritating snow mobile. There's a blizzard outside and it's past 9 pm on Christmas Eve. I get up and double check the lock on the door and peer out the tiny window beside the kitchen sink. My heart starts to thump because the noise just stopped somewhere outside my door.

I see a big dark jacket walking down the path towards my door. I let out a huge sigh of relief that he's not carrying an ax or gun of any kind. I recognize him as Spencer, the somewhat well off man I've bumped into in the village's only bakery. I wonder why on Earth he's here, I'm sure he has somewhere better to be on Christmas Eve. I lunge to undo the locks just before he knocks. The metal latch is so cold it hurts my fingers to make it budge. I undo the ancient deadbolt while I worry about him freezing to death before I can unlock the door. I hear him moving around to check in the window when I finally pull the door open.

"Hi? Sorry, the locks were stuck," I gaze outside, feeling a sharp sting of wind blown snow hit my face.

"Oh you're really here? I'm sorry to show up out of the blue, I was asked to check up on you."

"Come inside so I can shut the door! It's freezing out here!" I shout at him, I hear my voice being carried away by the swirling wind. I get Spencer inside in one piece and with his help we get the door shut and bolted. The wind seems like it just got worse in an instant.

"It's not much better in here. It's a shame that Henry let this place go so much. It's been in his family for generations. I'm surprised you're not in the hotel."

I feel defensive about my cabin, mainly because I can't leave here until my novel is finished. I don't expect Mr. Investment Man or whatever he is would understand.

"I didn't really notice it was cold in here, I find the fire really warms up most of the cabin."

"I hope you don't mind if I warm up for a little bit. It is a nice place, it hasn't changed much since I was a kid."

"Of course, I still don't understand why you came all the way out here tonight. Don't you live in one of those big mansions on the other side of the lake?" I lie, I do mind a little that he's invading my space. Any minute I'm not thinking about my novel is a minute I'm wasting here. I see his blue eyes briefly reflecting the fire as he gives me a curious look. He senses my unease with the whole situation.

"I figured you had a good enough head to take care of yourself, but Ruth from the bakery was worried this cabin wasn't sturdy enough for another blizzard." I see his white teeth when he turns to grin at me.

"I should have known she had something to do with this. That woman seems to like gossip."

"It's a small town, everyone gossips here."

"I can't believe you let her send you out here in this weather to check up on me. I'm fine here, I honestly came here to find solitude."

"I can see that, you're doing alright for someone on her own here. I'm just going to warm up a few more minutes and I'll be out of your way. Besides the storm is supposed to get worse tonight. We'll easily get over a foot of snow when it's all over."

Now I feel guilty for being icy. It's been ages since I've entertained company before. I watch him putting his thick gloves back on. The wind rattles the windows and makes the single light in the cabin flicker. I'm almost scared to imagine being here alone if this cabin fell apart or the power went out.

"Wait, it's Christmas Eve isn't it? I'm sorry I'm not a better hostess, I'm not used to having company over. I think I have some hot chocolate I was saving."

"It is, I suppose I have a little time before it's going to be too bad out there."

"Great, let me get the water on, it takes a little while to heat it up."

"Are you sure it isn't any trouble? I'm sure you have a lot of writing to catch up on," he grins.

"How did you know I was writing?"

"Small town gossip, remember?"

"Oh, right. I did come here because it was a quiet place where I could focus on writing my first real book."

"You came to the right place, I wish this cabin was just a little more fixed up. It's been standing for 80 years, I'm sure it's going to make it through another winter."

I wonder whether that's supposed to be a vague threat. He seems to carry sincere concern for my well being. I'm just not very good at accepting it from a near stranger after a few months on my own. I've learned how to numb myself and develop a hard exterior. I know it's not really fair to someone who made a dangerous trip out here just to pay me a concerned visit.

"Sorry I don't have much furniture, you can sit in the easy chair. I'll bring the desk chair out."

"Thanks, anything beats sitting on old Ranger."

"Ranger?"

"That's my sled. I wanted to give him a name for good luck."

"Don't you usually name things like that after women?"

"Yes, usually. I sort of fell in love with the name because of a story I once read."

It makes me pause, something sounds so familiar about the name of his sled. I stir the hot chocolate in the water until it makes a rich brown color. I take the cups over to the fire, seeing that Spencer has taken his jacket off and has pulled the chairs closer to the fire. My cheeks burn red when he smiles at me. His black sweater is just tight enough to reveal his fit body frame. I hand him his hot chocolate, feeling a shock when our fingers touch so briefly.

"Merry Christmas, I'm sorry I don't have any marshmallows here, or much else right now. I usually do my shopping on Sundays."

"Thank you, this is perfect right now. It seems like I'm having a hard time warming up in here. Are you sure you're alright here?"

"I'm fine. I have everything I need. I hope you keep that chair warm because I might be sleeping in there tonight."

"That doesn't seem like something I'd want to do after sitting at a desk all day."

"Me neither, but there's a hole in the roof. The snow has been falling on the bed all day. It's soaked."

He looks towards the bed in shock, almost as if he didn't believe me. We both gaze up to see the wind blowing a few sparse flakes onto the bed. Spencer shakes his head, he seems more worried about it than I am. It's like problems of this nature won't bother me as long as they don't interfere with my work.

"It's not going to be easy to fix that. I might be able to patch it up for the night with something.

LizAndrea
Online Now!
Lush Cams
LizAndrea

No wonder it's so cold in here."

"You don't have to bother. I could really use your help moving the bed. If I move it away from the hole I'll be happy."

"Don't take this the wrong way but I expected you to be a little more pampered. You know, like a big city girl who lives in comfort with a big writing career."

"Hardly, I'm lucky I've made any sort of living with my short stories. Most people aren't as lucky as I have been." I embarrassingly snort when I laugh. I pull my robe tight, carefully retying the sash. I'm painfully away I'm not wearing a bra underneath the fabric. My face blushes hot when I see him gazing at me with his mouth slightly open. I can't be that attractive I think, maybe the hot chocolate was spiked.

"I'm just teasing, actually it's really an honor to meet you. I'll bet you wouldn't think a guy like me has read your stuff before. You're in half the magazines I read."

"Oh stop it, you're putting me on." I laugh it off anxiously. I've never met an actual fan before, I'm not even sure I have any. He stops laughing and smiles at me rather sincerely.

"If you're really such a fan you'll help me move this bed then." I walk to the head of the bed, checking the bow in my robe one more time. He walks slowly towards the end of the bed, studying the room. There are not many options on where to move the bed in a one room cabin.

"Where shall we move this chariot young miss? Are you really going to move it next to the fire where it could burn up?"

"Uhm. I didn't think about that. Maybe we can just push it away from the hole for now?" I want to roll my eyes at his sarcasm. I feel my heart melt away when I watch him pull the bed back far enough away from the hole to make me comfortable. His muscles seem to flex under his sleeves.

"Thank you, I hope it dries out soon, maybe I'll be able to sleep in it tonight." The stranger has put a smile on my face. I'm conflicted about whether I should hug him. I decide to wait, it's not the best time for a hug right now. Not when I'm beginning to heat up inside.

"I can't believe you're really going to stay here. Let me look at that ceiling at least."

I watch him take my desk chair, worrying it's going to break as he climbs onto it below the hole. It looks like there's a gap almost as large as my hand in the roof. He gazes around the cabin.

"Do you have something we can at least cover it with for the time being? Maybe one of those old magazines?"

"Here, I'm not going to read this one," I grab it and quickly hand it over to him. I watch him wedge the magazine into the hole, surprised that it actually work.

"It's not going to work all winter, but it might get you through tonight." He winks at me.

I feel his big hand gently come down on my shoulder as he climbs down from the chair. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to support him because I'm starting to melt. My knees tremble and feel very weak.

"You're warm." He smiles close to my face. I gaze up in his eyes while he steadies my shoulders with his strong hands. I just smile back at him, feeling my heart thumping. I sigh, forgetting how good it feels to be held by a strong man. I close my eyes and feel my body melt away with all of my tension. His lips feel good on mine. I taste hot chocolate on them as I slowly open my mouth and poke my tongue out, pushing my hands up his sides underneath his arms. He makes me shudder when he pulls my head closer to run his tongue around mine.

I can hear my heart pounding in my head, it blends with the sound of the fire snapping and the wind rattling the cabin. I push my hands against his chest.

"It sounds really bad out there," I whine. He nods, wrapping his arms around my waist. He doesn't have to say anything because we both know he's safer spending the night here with me. I take the blanket and fold it over once to place in front of the fire. I want to dry out the corner, but also make a cozy spot to sit.

We warm up in front of the fireplace, adding a couple more heavy logs to make it roar. He pulls his sweater off, showing me his tight abs underneath a tight gray shirt. I push my hands up them, rubbing his chest while he takes me in his arms. He squeezes me so tight I melt in his arms. I gasp against his shoulder, shuddering. He begins to press his lips on my shoulder and slowly kiss up my neck. I move my arms around his shoulders, holding the back of his neck. He kisses behind my ear, whispering to me.

"I'm going to warm you up." I hear in my ear. I don't tell him that I'm already burning up, it feels steamy in here. My glasses are fogging up, I take them off as he gently bites my ear. He takes my glasses from me and sets them on the nightstand beside the easy chair. My heart is pounding as he pushes my shoulders down onto the bed. I gaze up at him, gasping because he takes his tight shirt off. I see his perfect abs glowing in front of the fire. They're hot when I touch them and push my hands up his hard chest. He lays over me, grinding against my pelvis. His lips touch my softer ones, opening and closing on mine.

He makes it hard to breathe. His hands squeeze my hips and glide up my robe to grope over my breasts. I trace my fingers behind his ears before I untie my robe. He squeezes gently, making my robe run roughly over my tight nipples. My body heat escapes from my robe as he pushes it from my shoulders. He gazes over me, his pleased smile is the biggest compliment. I can see the fire reflecting in his eager eyes. He wraps his big hands around my waist and leans down to brush his tongue over my nipples.

"Oooh..." I moan. He sucks my sensitive nipples into his mouth, making them wet. I push my hands into his dark hair, lightly highlighted with salt and pepper streaks. His tongue flicks back and forth over my little ends until I start to arch up underneath him. I grind back against his crotch, feeling his hard cock pushing against his jeans. I tug on his belt, trying to undo his pants. He gently pushes my hands away to finish the task. He draws his belt out with one motion then pulls his jeans off. I see a glimpse of his hard cock straining against his boxer shorts before he leans back over me. I feel him kiss above my belly button. My stomach tightens as he kisses lower, leaving wet kisses on my tummy.

I spread my thighs apart underneath him and brush them against his sides. I'm briefly paralyzed when his wet tongue licks across my tummy. He pulls my soaked underwear down my thighs and drops them somewhere behind him. I push my feet apart, letting him breath cooly over my hot opening. My body makes tight spasms when he licks up where I'm the wettest. His tongue drags up firmly over and over. He's good at moving his tongue fast and firm where it counts. I pull his hair up between my fingers, clenching it tighter. I kick my feet beside him as he makes me gush.

"Uuhn... Uuuh...Uuuhn..." I gasp, feeling his long tongue wiggle inside of me. He licks around in big circles until I shiver. I pull his hair up until he returns to licking my sensitive little button. I love the way he pushes his tongue down and goes back and forth. I feel my mouth getting dry and my heart pound. He slides up my body again, lifting the back of my head to kiss my lips again. I gasp in his mouth, feeling him place his thick cock against my heat. He slowly sinks into me, separating my tight walls. I squeeze him tightly inside of me, my heat and wetness allows him to move around in me, claiming me.

"Ooooooh!" I moan, feeling huge shudders consume me. I hold my trembling body close to him and grind in slow circles against him. He plants my firm butt on the floor and pushes me down, taking me faster. He feels so good, dragging over my rough spot. I clench my hands behind his shoulders, losing control of my body.

"Oh Hannah.." He moans kissing my hot flushed cheek. He eagerly helps me find the light at the end of the tunnel. He holds my shoulders up from the floor as he kisses down my neck.

I swear in his ear, it's impossible to breathe when he helps me find the fire inside of me. It's been a long time since I've felt an orgasm completely take me over. I kick my feet in the air behind him, I can see my toes as he sweats on top of me. I breathe deeply, smelling his manly scent. I feel his throbbing cock pull out of me with a struggle. He kisses my lips, darting his tongue around mine as he finishes. I wrap my hand over his, moving it back and forth with his. He moans over my lips, tensing on top of me. I feel his warm splash over my tummy. His sperm feels hot and slippery on my skin. I gaze up in his eyes, sharing a slow burning kiss.

We catch out breath together, embracing tightly in front of the fire. He spoons me, protecting me from the cold. I sigh, wishing it will be a long time before we have to wake up.

Published 
Written by Soul_Purpose
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments