Announcing the Winners of our "Some Like it Hot" Story Competition

last reply
41 replies
4.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
The judges and I were delighted by the creativity of our authors, and their entries into this competition.

All the finalists adhered to the theme well, and it was a challenge to see which ones would win out.

There always has to be a winner, and for the judging panel and myself, one stood out above the others.

Congratulations Ravenstar!

Winner ($150): Molten Core, by Ravenstar
Second place ($100): Saving Felicity, by Jayne33
Third place: ($50): Kinbaku: Fire and Ice, by Gilrenard

Honourable mentions go to the following entries:

Snowblind, by Lupus
Kibeho, by Wilful
Topless, by Jwren
Happy New Year 1976, by Billybroadband
Synthetic Hours, by TheScheherezadeFeint
Winning An Upgrade, by Flytoomuch
Coedwig Challenged, by Annamagique

A new competition will be up shortly.

Congratulations to the winners. I will be in touch over the next day or so, with details on collecting your prizes.

A big thank you to everyone who participated in this competition, and those involved in the judging.

Cheers,

Nicola
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
God! I'm kind of floored. Really really happy!

Thanks to Nicola and all the judges for your continued work on the Competition Panel.

Congratulations to Jayne33 and Gilrenard as well!!!

Charming as fuck
0 likes
Yay, congrats guys!!! Loved all the top three stories. Actually I loved a lot in the top ten. Will need to read the others. Well done xx
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
Congratulations!!
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Congratulations to RavenStar, Jayne33 and Gilrenard. Powerful entries that I knew had it as soon as I read them. Really well done, guys.

And congratulations to the rest of the top ten and everyone else who entered. It's always a strong field, and I'm honoured to be counted amongst you.

As always, a very special thank you to the judges. It can't have been an easy job, especially when I think of the calibre of some of the stories not mentioned above. Played hard, done good.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well done guys
Well deserved, ravenstar
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Congrats to everyone. The competition was heavy and all of you wrote some extraordinary stories.
I bow down.
? A True Story ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ha! Brilliant! I love it! Evie and Jayne have both berated me for entering and they get first and second! Love you girls, I told you both you could do it. I'm really proud of everyone for achieving their places, but especially you girls. I know you've both wanted it a lot. Maybe NOW you can be convinced to enter more often, eh? biggrin x

Well done to everyone. Really. smile
A poetry selection!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by RavenStar

Thanks to Nicola and all the judges for your continued work on the Competition Panel.

Congratulations to Jayne33 and Gilrenard as well!!!

HELL yes. That was well deserved. Love that story.
Lurker
0 likes
Congrats to Evie, Jayne and Gil! Very well done to the top ten and a huge cheers to everybody who's entered!

I personally thought the theme was super challenging, so I can't wait to read the brilliance you lot have come up with, if I haven't already.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Congratulations, guys! This was a tricky competition theme and you all did really well.

Let's crack open a bottle of bubbly!

Liz x
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm honored and humbled to be included in such fine company. A heartiest congratulations to Evie, Jayne and Gil. Competitions are great fun and there were a lot of entries in this one. Good job to the judges!
“It's nice sometimes to open up the heart a little and let some hurt come in. It proves you're still alive.”
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by RavenStar

Congrats!

Say hello to James...
Velvet-Voiced Titillator
0 likes
Thank you so much!!!

I'm super happy to have placed top three. It's taken a lot of hard work, but I've finally got a yellow ribbon!!

Massive congratulations to Raven and Gil. And to everyone that entered. It feels like so much more of an achievement knowing the standard of competitors. I love so many of the great authors that entered, so it means so much.

Eeekkk!!!! So Happy!
Southern Charmer
0 likes
Woo hoo! Congratulation Evie! Your story was amazing!

Congratulation Jayne and Gilrenard!

Also, congratulations to all the runner-ups! It was a tough one.

So I did a thing with leftlingula... 😈 Naughty people, I'm not talking about that. We wrote a story together! I'm very proud of what we've done and we would love for you to read it. It's about a husband and wife remembering who they are together. The fire, their passion, their love, her need to submit to him, and his need to dominate her. All rolled into one beautiful connection. It all started with one simple word...
Nightshade Part 1

Nightshade: Part 2

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Congratulations to all three of you, and to the runners up, and really, to everyone that entered. Some really amazing stories came out of this one. You guys should all be very proud of yourselves heart

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Prolific Writer
0 likes
Congratulations to all the winners. I enjoyed reading all your stories.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Congrats to the winners! and all the ones who submitted a story. I enjoyed them all!
Lurker
0 likes
Result!!!

xx SF
I'm not for everyone
0 likes
Congratulations, Ravenstar and Jayne33. Your stories were brilliant, they were a pleasure to read.
Congratulations to the authors who received an honourable mention. I don't envy the judges having to pick three stories, all the stories were great.
It was a lot of fun reading all the entries. I am always impressed by the talent that lives here on Lush.

Thanks to everyone involved in keeping Lush up and running. It is a special place.

S.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Super Congratulations!!! Great job! Great winners and great honorable mentions. Y'all did an awesome job. Bravo!

PS... Motorboat hugs to Evie and Jayne....

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Wonderful win, Evie ... a great story. Tight competition as always.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Congratulations Evie and to all involved in a great contest! Wonderful choices. The readers of Lush are the real winners because we get to read these great stories!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I feel like a Peugeot pepper mill as I "pepper" the top ten again?? Well it was a great contest idea and some really fun entries. Can't wait for the next one. Thanks to all the judges for their hard work.
0 likes
Huge congratulations to all the winners! I haven't read them all yet, but I'm certain that their success is well deserved.

I can't even express how excited I am to make the top ten again. Many thanks to Nicola and the rest of the judges for all the effort they put into these competitions.
Recommended Reads by TheScheherezadeFeint:
Undeniable - Erotic Poem
Disappearing Act - Love Poem
Synthetic Hours - Fantasy/Sci-fi - Eighth Place, 'Some Like It Hot' competition, January 2015
Night Work - Erotic Poem
Eating Breakfast In Glass Slippers - Straight Sex - Fifth Place, 'The Morning After The Night Before' competition, November 2014
Miracle of Night - Love Poem
The Brightest Black You've Ever Seen - Love Story - Ninth place, 'Toy With Me' competition, September 2014
Scream Fire - Erotic Poem - Audio read by MadameMolly
At First Sight (He) - Quickie Sex
Lurker
0 likes
Wow, congratulations! I am so pleased to see Jayne place in the top three - you totally deserve it! *hugs* I must catch up on reading the finalists that I missed! smile