Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

When choosing a story. Do you read gender specific stories?

last reply
25 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I find when I'm looking for a story to read, I usually choose a story written by the opposite sex. Does anyone else do this?
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
I do not.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I go by story and favorite author male or female, but have noticed few men view and comment on my works.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
nope, can't say that i do.

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just the opposite. A good story for me is one I can picture myself in while reading it. That's why I prefer stories told from the female point of view. I just can't relate to other stories told from the male perspective. Or even worse, the stories told from a narrators point of view. They just don't work for me.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by alison90
Just the opposite. A good story for me is one I can picture myself in while reading it. That's why I prefer stories told from the female point of view. I just can't relate to other stories told from the male perspective. Or even worse, the stories told from a narrators point of view. They just don't work for me.

^^^I'm very similar to this, but I will read stories from other perspectives as long as the story contains a similar dynamic. M/f or MM/f is the only way that I can picture myself in the story, and I will read those written by a man, up until the point where they stop ringing true because the descriptions aren't correct.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

The gender of the author does not matter to me at all. Even the gender of the point of view character does not matter. The one thing that does get in the way of enjoying a story is when it is written in second person. Especially when the 'you' in the story is not the same gender as me.
0 likes
I don't need the story to be from a particular point of view to enjoy it. If it is well written and the viewpoint character feels "right", then I'm in. Picturing myself in the story isn't really an issue. I find, for instance, that I can enjoy a female first person story as a chance to see through other eyes. I don't need to see myself there.
0 likes
I do look for certain stories, or titles that catch my eye. Doesn't matter who wrote it, male or female. Then I do have favorite authors, so plenty to read.
Click below to see

Dreamer
0 likes
I try to read first people who I am following as they are the ones who have previously submitted material I have enjoyed. Gender has nothing to do with what I choose.

My bookshelf includes 133 stories and 82 collaborations;

One Editor's Pick, Three Series Awards, Fifty-one Recommended Reads, and Eight Famous Stories are included. Go to; https://www.lushstories.com/profiles/view/ChrisM/stories

Enjoy

Lurker
0 likes
wives urged by their husbands to enjoy other men
Troublemaker
0 likes
no, I usually read stories by the writers I admire, gender is unimportant I'm more interested in a good read...I've been super-impressed by stories that have no bearing on my own personal tastes or desires...good is good.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Well depends on how ya look at it...........I read stories about cheating house wives, hot wives , exhitionism, and cuckolds.........really need both sexes to create these kind of stories.................
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I find that I enjoy stories written by the opposite sex more than those of my own. I don't seek this out, however, and it's probably just a coincidence that the erotica I enjoy the most just so happens to have been written by women. I do have a couple of favorite male authors but dozens of female ones.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Lurker
0 likes
No, not purposefully or consciously, anyways.
0 likes
No, and I don't write them either. I love to read so many of the stories my friends and others write. I'd miss out on so many great stories if I did.

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Lurker
0 likes
yes... all the time.. i only move outside my chosen gender if i'm referred to a story by a friend..
The Linebacker
0 likes
No. The world is divided pretty close to 50-50 male or female. Why rule out half of the talent based on gender?
Mana wahine
0 likes
A story is a story. I'm not bothered by the gender of the author. If the title or opening lines catch my eye, then I will read.