Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

"Clare" - Chapter 6:- Dating Karen - "The Frog and the Thistle”

"Clare starts to date Karen, but first she needs to come clean about Brenda."

8
2 Comments 2
796 Views 796
4.8k words 4.8k words

Author's Notes

"Set in 1987, Clare is going on her first real date with Karen. In doing so, she has to come clean about Brenda her butch girlfriend. <p> [ADVERT] </p>Thank you for your encouragement KeithW66."

I walked home from Brenda’s with a renewed spring in my step. My pussy soreness was now numbed, and my bottom felt warm; it had a glow within it.

Playing on my Walkman was Michael Jackson’s Bad album. It was his latest, and, despite the title, it was very good; my feet popping alone to the tune. I found myself dancing into the house, which was almost the opposite of how I left it this morning.

Mum was there in the kitchen, preparing tea.

“Do you need a hand?” I asked as I bounced into the kitchen.

My mum, Ruth, turned around, and for the second time that day, I was stared at as if I was an alien.

“So why do I have this pleasure?” She hesitantly asked.

I didn’t answer. Maybe I didn’t help much around the house, other than babysitting, which I felt I did too much of.

“Why don’t you peel the spuds?” Mum swiftly asked, not wanting more than a moment for my silent answer. It was clear she did not want to chance me withdrawing from my kind offer.

I smiled and slotted the Michael Jackson cassette into the radio recorder, and the title song boomed out. My hips started to gyrate as I picked up the potato peeler. Then I noticed my mum was still looking at me.

What?” I questioned.

“You seem happy; I'm not sure what’s got into you.”

I tried my best not to splutter and to keep the smirk off my face as I thought back to a couple of hours ago and Brenda’s eight-inch anal dildo. 

“Aren’t you missing David?”

“Mum, he's just a friend.” I lied.

I saw my mum raise an eyebrow and quietly smile.

I put my head down.

My mum hummed. “Friend, is that a modern euphemism?”

She knew!

I felt myself blush, and I chose to keep my head down and peel potatoes as if my life depended on it!

Thankfully, my mum didn’t try to press home her question. Instead, she chose to happily hum along to the music. She may have suspected about David, but like Brenda, I wasn’t ready to explain or even discuss those ongoing relationships. It was just too complicated.

After ascertaining that my sister was reading in our bedroom and the rest of the family were out, I told Mum I was happy because I was seeing Karen tonight. It was only partially true. However, my statement seemed to pacify her. We continued preparing the dinner, humming, dancing, and having some quality mother-and-daughter time.

I tried not to show it, but going on my date for tonight had made me a little nervous. It was partly because I never dated a girl. I might have slept with a few, but a serious date felt so different.

Then there was this business with Brenda and about me being a top with Karen. I did not feel or look like Brenda, or any of her butch lesbian friends. But here I was, trying to live that very part.  

I wanted just to be me, and to see where my sexuality went!

Since our first true date, where I had taken Karen to a seaside pub called, “The Captain’s Retreat,” things had started to get a little more serious between us. Then we held hands, talked, and kissed, but tonight it felt different.

It had been over a week since I told my mum that I was going out with Karen and I was a lesbian. She had taken it well, but now I wondered if she had ever believed me. I had originally only said it to give me cover to go out with David, no questions asked.

Now I questioned if I ever needed to lie.

Until very recently, I had never thought about falling in love with another girl. I mean, I went out with Jaz for over two years. Well, not exactly out. We were together, and I never fell in love with her.

Then there was Brenda. It really didn’t matter how sexually attracted I was to her as she was too old for an ongoing relationship, and there was Sarah… I smiled. It was simply too early to say she may not even be into other girls, yet having a relationship with her.

With Karen, it was different, a chance that I could develop feelings for her. I didn’t know if it was her innocence; her being petite side or that girl next door look that gave her cuteness. All I knew was it made her different, though I still could not see us ever being in love.

But there was more, which worried me about tonight. I needed to tell Karen about Brenda, or at least make her aware of her. How I went about that, I was unsure. Maybe it would be best if I did it a step at a time, but I had the added pressure of Brenda wanting to meet my second girlfriend.

I didn’t want to lie to Karen, just like I had done twice with my mum in the last ten minutes. If I could, I wanted to stay to the truth. She knew about David, that knowledge she had taken in her stride. So I hoped, but there was something else pressing, and this one was my immediate concern.

What should I wear tonight? 


*****


I stood there, undecided. There was a large selection of my wardrobe clothes laid out on my bed; I was trying to choose what to wear for the night. It was a strange feeling dressing for another woman. When I went out with men, if it was warm, I just wore short, tight and obvious clothes. I just wanted them to keep my date interested in me, or quite likely attract attention, and flirt with other men.

But dating a girl? Especially one who had said she preferred me in trousers. Well, it had left me confused, and that was not normal. For heaven’s sake, I used to work in a clothes shop. I thought.

Well, I could wear jeans I thought, but I wore them last time. I glanced up at my sister, Ella. She was sitting on the top bunk bed, reading, “The Lighthouse” by Virginia Woolf. She was one of three authors whom she had studied last year.

Due to failing chemistry, I had been bumped down, and I now found myself in Ella’s year. It was something she teased me about. At least we were not in the same classes; I studied Math and Basic Accountancy, and my sister English Literature.

Who is Karen?” Ella suddenly asked while looking at me. It was clear she had been earwigging.

“A new friend,” I said, hoping my sister would leave it at that. Not start asking more questions, which would normally end with me being called a slut, or a whore, or whatever.

“Is Karen your girlfriend? I heard Mum and Dad talking.”

I sighed, but there was something in the way Ella asked that question that made me hesitate from telling my sister to mind her own business, or something worse.

We just stared at each other, and I unexpected feeling enveloped me. My sister was not young any more, despite the messy side of our bedroom; she seemed suddenly more grown up. I took a deep breath and as I did so; I realised Ella was only two months younger than Karen.

I hadn’t thought of that before.

Instead of getting into a verbal fight with my sister, I told her the truth, everything except Brenda. She would have to remain my secret until another day. I even told Ella that David was my boyfriend and remained the only man I was seeing. That he knew about Karen and was okay with it.

My sister just nodded and listened. I didn’t expect her to understand that I was experimenting and trying to understand my sexuality. What sort of relationship worked for me?

Ella and I didn’t have these grown-up conversations. This was new, but perhaps something that needed to happen. It wasn’t my or Ella’s fault that we shared a bedroom, that we didn’t have any privacy. We just needed an understanding and a lock on the bedroom door!

With time getting on, my sister suggested a white blouse and a black lacy bra, to give a hint of what lies beneath and on my bottom half. Wear matching knickers and a short skirt with comfortable shoes, “as I have great legs.” I took her advice except for the shoes; instead, I chose my favourite black stilettoes.

I thanked her before I left.

It had been another day of firsts, now for the evening with Karen… and maybe that would lead to another first.


*****


Karen must have been waiting for me as she appeared as soon as I pulled up in my mum’s car. Without hesitating, I pulled away swiftly with our only words, a brief mutual, “Hi.”

With neither of us having very much money, I had thought long and hard about where to take Karen tonight. It had to be somewhere I could afford, and then when I walked home from Brenda’s, it came to me in a moment of Michael Jackson-induced inspiration, “The Frog and Thistle.” It was my ex, Alan’s local. A pub he used to regularly take me to, but hardly ever on a weekday.

The Frog and Thistle was located just a few miles to the north of where I live and was an old traditional English country pub and yet it wasn’t; at least not these days. Once inside the old thatched pub, you could be fooled into thinking you were anywhere out in the countryside.

The pub's 15th-century character has changed little over the years.

However, outside the only greenery was the pub-walled beer garden and around it, nothing but the city's ever-expanding urban sprawl. Alan had once told me the city suburbs had swallowed up the Frog and Thistle during the nineteen-seventies. It had only been saved because it was such a popular drinking haunt. 

Rachael, the large-chested owner, was behind the bar. She recognised me as soon as I walked in and asked where Alan was, as he hadn’t been in for a while. With Karen listening, her question gave me a nervous nudge as well as some relief, as it seemed that tonight I would not be running into my only significant ex-boyfriend.

I explained that we were no longer together and that I was now with someone else, knowing that every word I said would eventually get back to Alan.

Leaving Rachael and with our drinks in hand, we found a corner table. It was one that my ex and I had sat at many times. I knew it was a good place to talk, without being constantly hit on. It was also the first time I had a real chance to look at Karen, and I told her she looked lovely; she really did. Her ginger hair, blue eyes, and a little black dress contrasted nicely with her white shapely legs, which tantalisingly disappeared behind the table at which we were sitting.

There was something about Karen that attracted me, and that only added to my nervousness.   

“Who is Alan?” Karen questioned. “I thought you have been with David for a while.”

It was a question I had been expecting. I took a deep breath and sipped my lime and soda. Then I started to explain about Alan, how I met him, our life together and that I broke up with him when I met David. Maybe I was economical with the truth. I didn’t mention our sex life, my cheating or anything else that had gone in my past before my ex. I wanted Karen to accept me for who I am today.

She seemed to sympathise with me and even smiled when I told her that he was married to his work, so there was never going to be a place for me.

“He was a fool,” Karen remarked when I had finished.

It was a comment that made me relax and open up a little more. As I began to realise that despite being a virgin, and never before having had a boyfriend or girlfriend, Karen wasn’t that innocent at all.

I explained what happened with Jaz, knowing that every word I spoke brought me closer to what Brenda had told me I needed to mention.

“So why did you break up with Jaz?” Karen somewhat innocently asked.

Everything I had told her about so far seemed to have not flustered her. She knew I had past baggage, though perhaps she didn’t need to know it ran to a trolley full. That thought made me nervously twiddle with my lime and soda. I knew I had to get everything out in the open tonight, especially Brenda.

For once, I was pleased I was not drinking alcohol. It was my mum's one request when I borrowed her car. I needed to keep a clear head and focus as I was beginning to realise how much I wanted Karen to stay being my girlfriend.

“Karen, I need you to know I do find you very attractive. When I went into the shoe shop, I only did so because you were working there. I am pleased I got your telephone number and you have agreed to be my girlfriend.” I steered well clear of the fact that it had been a Brenda test to chat Karen up and get her telephone number.

She never needed to know that!

Karen smiled warmly at my truthful words. Her face seemed to lighten up. I was surprised she had not been put off by anything I had already said to her. But I knew she must have questions, probably with time, lots of them.

“But being honest with you means I need to tell you something else, and this one you may not like.”

ScarletBarnes
Online Now!
Lush Cams
ScarletBarnes

I paused, knowing I needed to carry on being economical with the truth. I noticed Karen’s smile had gone, hopefully only temporarily.

“I do want to go out with you and take you to meet my parents. I wouldn’t have come out to them if I thought there wasn’t a chance we could be serious.”

I could feel Karen scrutinising me, not yet with questions; just with probing eyes and I hoped she did not work out that the last part was only partially true.

“You need to know, I am also seeing an older lady whom I met just before I saw you. She pursued me and wanted me to be her girlfriend. Her name is Brenda and is not like us. She is quite different. She identifies as being a butch lesbian.” 

“Older, butch, what do you mean, different?” Karen rapidly questioned as she sipped her white wine. “She hasn’t got a dick, has she?

I couldn’t help it. I giggled at Karen’s impromptu question. It might have been a serious moment, but I was also nervous about trying my best to express myself. Karen’s offhand comment was almost correct and also proved once again that she wasn’t completely innocent, my tension now ebbing away in the form of an uncontrollable laugh.   

“Has she?” Karen asked again, smiling, a giggle now not so far away.

“Come on Clare, why are you laughing? You just told me you seeing someone else. I need to know.” Then Karen’s giggles started as she joined me.

Hopefully, she would still be laughing when I told her the truth. We only stopped when I noticed one or two of the pub's patrons looking at us.

“It is not serious, Karen, but you are right. You do need to know.”

I went on to tell her all about Brenda, her pieces, her wealth, and lastly, all about her rules. With the important fact being that I was meant to be sexually submissive to her.

When I finished talking about Brenda, without saying anything, Karen went to the bar and bought a wine for herself and for me; a pint of cider. Gone were all thoughts of not drinking alcohol tonight. I was nervous about what Karen was going to say. She now knew so much about me. I had the feeling she would reject me; tell me I was a cheating slut.

“So you now have a bald pussy?” Karen said, not too silently, then grinned as my girlfriend passed me my cider.

I took a gulp and nodded, and then realised despite what I had just said, that Karen was once again smiling at me. She still seemed to want me and showed no signs of being put off by my baggage. I shivered; pleased, but was apprehensive as I needed to mention a lot more; I could already hear Brenda’s words in my ears, drive the conversation.

“Karen,” I said. I was looking for the right words. “With Brenda, I just wanted to experiment, find out what it was like being with a butch lesbian, and yes, it is still ongoing.”

Karen raised an eyebrow. I thought she was going to call me out. Then she took a sip of her wine, waiting for me to carry on, or make a confession, fall on my sword.

“She is more than ten years older than my mother. Honestly, we are not that serious, but I have no current plans to stop seeing her.” I just hoped I didn’t sound too needy, too feeble, the opposite of what I was meant to be tonight!

“She wants to meet you, Karen.”  

“Oh, she knows about me?” she gasped, then giggled. It was as if she was not too bothered, which worried me but was better than outright rejection.

“Yes, she gave me some advice on dating another girl as I have never dated a girl before, only slept with them!”

“Clare, you know I have not dated anyone or slept with them. You are the first, and ever since we met, I have always wanted you to be the first. But I have not needed advice… What did she say?

Karen’s question showed that she was interested, and perhaps more importantly, still wanted to go out with me.

“She said I should ask you what you look for in another girl. I know you said you prefer girls in trousers or uniforms, but Brenda suggested other things, perhaps more intense things.”

I didn’t want to say anymore, as I wanted Karen to come up with her own ideas, but that didn’t happen. I soon realised that she wanted to hear Brenda’s ideas first.

“For the future, she suggested things like being with a girl that looks more like a man. Wearing man’s clothes, piercings, tattoos and even being with a girl like Brenda, who enjoys wearing a fake cock. But her main suggestion was for me to ask you, what sort of girlfriend are you looking for?”

I paused. Karen was smiling, then giggling, just like I had a few moments ago. Had I said too much, or was it worse?

“What is it?” I questioned, and then gingerly smiled.

“Drink up. We need to get out of here.”

I feared Karen was going to ask me to take her back home.

But I was wrong!

As we left, she whispered in my ear, “I need to see your bald pussy!


*****


I drove to my go-to place, as it is not far from where I live. It was where I had first been with Brenda and where David had fucked me over the bonnet. Maybe it was not the most private place, as a footpath ran close by. But it was night and getting late, and had one advantage: it was fairly well-lit, with light coming from a nearby industrial estate. The truth was in the last year; I had been here many times with various men, but this was the first time I had chosen to drive anyone there, man or woman.

The relatively brief journey had been made in silence, just background music. My pussy becoming moist thinking about Karen soon exploring it. Turning the music off, I pulled up, making sure we were alone. We were.

I looked at Karen. She was watching me, smiling, which was a good sign.

“Now if you going to tell me that you never taken anyone else here. If you tell me differently, I know you are not telling me the truth.”

I spluttered and went to correct Karen, then shut up, all in a matter of one second. She may be wrong, but I had already bent the truth enough tonight. Instead, I leant across and kissed her, which brought a warm smile. It was exactly what I needed; her touch.

Her acceptance of who I am.

We broke apart. Her eyes looked at mine.

“Clare, I like to meet Brenda.”

Her surprise words caused me to smile widely and say, “I like that too.”

Karen’s hand came down to rest on my bare thigh, just under the hem of my short skirt. We both looked down as she stroked the inside of it and I instinctively opened my legs slightly.

“You know what I want to see,” Karen grinned, as she kissed my neck.

I breathed harder. My pussy may have been slightly numb and sore, and I might have cum hard this afternoon. But my body was responding to Karen’s hand on my inner thigh. Her fingers were gently rubbing and her kisses, little pecks on my neck, teasing me into submission.

She already had me.

I pulled my short skirt up; my black panties came into view. Karen’s delicate fingers brushed across them. I gasped, my hand now searching for her breasts, our kisses suddenly urgent before she pushed me away; rejected?

“Show me your pussy, Clare; I have never seen one completely shaved before.”

I quickly whipped my slightly damp knickers off and placed them in my handbag.

Karen grinned as she looked down, her hand moving higher, as my legs opened. I wanted her to touch me, to explore.

“I have been thinking,” my girlfriend’s mouth now close to my ear, her tongue flicking its lobe. “You asked me what I would like my girlfriend to wear.”

Yes,” I gasped as Karen’s fingers brushed across my shaved mound. To give Karen more room, I pushed my left leg up over the gearstick. My legs spread much wider. I wanted her to touch me, finger me, and make me cum.   

“Well, I have no experience with girls like Brenda. So how would I know?”

I cuddled into Karen as her fingers and eyes explored my slippery hole. She was driving my body wild, her every little touch getting the desired reaction.

“Tomorrow, I like you to dress like Brenda, including wearing a fake cock. I want the experience of going out with a girl dressed like a man. When we have done that, I can then tell you the answer. You have to remember; when I lose my virginity, I want it to be with another girl, with her wearing a strap-on dildo, penetrating me.”

I gasped, “Okay,” not really thinking. My pussy was now awash as Karen’s fingers continued to fuck me.

We quietly carried on, me bucking, gasping; I had not tried to touch my girlfriend at all. Then it happened. I started to come, my hand grabbing Karen’s, pulling her fingers into me, Karen biting down on my neck, marking her territory by giving me a hickey. 

It had only been a small cum, not like the earth-shattering one I had earlier with Brenda. But my body was fully satisfied, something now unusual, as it seemed to always crave sex.

As I looked up at my girlfriend, I smiled.

“You have done that before,” I whispered as I slid back up and put my panties back on. I didn’t want to make a mess of Mum’s driving seat.

“Clare, I masturbate a lot,” Karen blushed as if she had been surprised by my question. “Though my pussy has hairs on it,” she giggled.

Her innocence was once again there, shining through. There was something deeply attractive about it.

“Can I have a look at yours?” I whispered, hoping, during our post-coital cuddle. Tonight had been the first time we had done anything sexual together, other than a kiss. 

“Not tonight,” Karen whispered as she kissed me again. “But I promise tomorrow you can do anything you want with me short of fucking me.”

I grinned.

“Providing you dress like Brenda, and that must include wearing a fake cock,” Karen said, then added her own grin. 

“I have not got one,” I hastily replied, realising for the first time what Karen was suggesting.

“Not my problem,” she stated with a giggle, and then lifted the hem of her dress to give me a sneak glimpse of her black panties. “It's up to you,” then she pushed her dress hem back down.

I glared at her and then giggled. She may be a virgin, but innocent? I don’t think so; she certainly knew how to tease.

“I see what I can do,” I replied, knowing Brenda would love it. I then briefly wondered if Karen was teaching me a lesson, but surely she was too young and innocent for that.

Had I been too open with her?

Other than David, the last time I had been this open with someone had been with Bill, and the result was we broke up, and I went through the lowest point of my life.

I dropped Karen off with a kiss, and then, in tandem, we both cheerfully said, “See you tomorrow,” which led to a unison giggle.

Tonight had been a fun night, and I drove home happy, singing along to Michael Jackson.

When I got home, it wasn’t that late, but I was surprised to see the light still on in our bedroom. Ella was still awake. She was reading.

“How did your date go?” she asked, having put the book down.

Her civil question was a first. She normally just said something along the lines of… You’re walking funny? Got laid? Who was he? Or some cheap shot along those lines. 

I smiled at her, not wanting to give too much away; yet wanting to treat her like I did earlier, as an adult.

“It was nice,” I replied. “We are going out again tomorrow night.”

“And the clothes you wore, where they alright?”

“Yes, perfect,” though as I said it, I knew I would be wearing something very different tomorrow night. What it was going to be, I had no idea; that would be up to Brenda.  

I got ready for bed, and as I did, I felt my sister watching me.

“Yes,” I asked, Ella’s eyes on my body.

“You better cover up that love bite,” she quietly said.

She was right. It was on my neck, not big, but it was dark, a present from Karen.

I thanked my sister.

With Ella still watching me, I stripped to my black bra and knickers. I had never done that before, the rational part of my brain telling me; that it was nothing different from being in a bikini. The rest of me was enjoying my sister’s stare as, after all, I had now come to realise I just might have a sexy body.    

“Good night,” I said as I slipped my long nightie over me. Then I got into bed and removed my underwear.

With the light now off, I lay there tired, satisfied, but thinking about tomorrow and what that might bring. As I drifted off, I heard something from the bunk above me. My sister was masturbating.

I weakly smiled and then just let sleep take me.

It had been a good day.

Authors Note:- All characters engaged in sexual acts are 18+  ©2024 wxt55uk. This story may not be reproduced in any manner, without the express permission of the author.

Published 
Written by wxt55uk
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments